Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car has about 1,800 miles, driven very conservatively and charged to 80%
Problems were noted after driving 60 miles on the way home, car started bucking and jerking when leaving from a stop sign close to the house. Would not make it up the driveway and cut power without warning which made the car roll down the driveway. Brakes were functional throughout but good thing there was no one walking on the side walk!

The car is currently waiting on a tow to the dealer... wondering if anyone else has or is having these issues?
I don't see any other warnings about the battery or motors. Extremely concerned, seems like a major safety issue, imagine if you're driving up a bridge and all of a sudden there's 0 power and the car is rolling backwards.. if you don't have quick reflexes, I'm sure this could lead to serious injury or death in some situations

UPDATE 9/21
Tech was finally able to diagnose the car, with the codes they were getting they had to completely depower the car to do any further inspection. They will have to wait for a specialized tech to come in and assist, however the tech may come and go as needed instead of being there until job completion. Estimated time frame is a few weeks to several months. Was told to contact Jaguar about any compensation or buy back, there are also no loaners available at all. If anyone has gone through issues like this or had Jaguar buy back or compensate you, PLEASE let me know

·
Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Software update or manufacturing defect. Both are more likely to happen early on.
So if it is software, I'm assuming it's not an OTA update and something the tech has to do manually?

·
Administrator
3,186 Posts
I doubt it can be fixed with a simple software update. I'd sit tight and see what the dealer says. In the meantime, sorry you have to put up with this, it's surely frustrating. Good news is that it'll probably get fixed ... I hope it'll be quick. 🍺

·
Registered
449 Posts
Did this happen at night and you turned off your lights, entering your driveway, while still moving? Ok I have now read your full entry and see you were not at your house when the problem happened. Even so I had something similar happen to me. I turned the car off let it sit and restarted it without any more problems. I think my problem was I was headed for a tree, when I turned my lights off to keep them from shinning in the neighbors windows. The car freaked out and I lost about 99% of my motive power with a 7mph top speed.

·
Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Exactly what message(s) appeared? Please report the exact text as best as you can remember.
I remember Dynamic Stability Control Failure, Driver Assistance systems failure, Ok to drive with caution restricted performance

When it was getting loaded onto the tow truck today, the driver had trouble getting it far enough up the ramp to pull it onto the trailer. From the outside I could visibly see all the wheels sort of vibrate, I can't say for sure but it seemed like not all the wheels were moving in the same direction and the car was fighting itself.

Right after this the car immediately cut off all power and it started rolling down hill. No need to restart at this time but he basically had to build up enough momentum and then slam on the brakes to get the car onto the ramp. Then it wouldn't auto release the brakes(auto hill hold is on), after manual override it shifted into Park and wouldn't go into Drive or Neutral. After a restart it finally came out of Park and the winch was able to pull it all the way in.

·
Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I doubt it can be fixed with a simple software update. I'd sit tight and see what the dealer says. In the meantime, sorry you have to put up with this, it's surely frustrating. Good news is that it'll probably get fixed ... I hope it'll be quick. 🍺
The tow process and all has been pretty smooth BUT it's just unnerving having this expensive car with barely any miles that's having major issues. In contrast, my e-tron has had 0 issues

·
Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did this happen at night and you turned off your lights, entering your driveway, while still moving? Ok I have now read your full entry and see you were not at your house when the problem happened. Even so I had something similar happen to me. I turned the car off let it sit and restarted it without any more problems. I think my problem was I was headed for a tree, when I turned my lights off to keep them from shinning in the neighbors windows. The car freaked out and I lost about 99% of my motive power with a 7mph top speed.
Lights were on, I tried looking around to see if there could possibly be something the cameras are picking up but nothing. It has SOME power when going downhill or on flat surfaces, but with ANY amount of incline it cuts 100% power

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,093 Posts
It suggests that the failure is in the braking system. The braking system is used for stability control. It could be as simple as a failure of an ABS sensor. I've had that happen on a car in the past though the effect was not as dramatic as you describe. It could equally be a different failure in the braking system. Fortunately you were not going along at a high speed and then have a sudden braking system fault. It will be interesting to read what the vet finds is ailing your cat.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Another possible source of a problem like this could be the restraints control module. This module incorporates the sensors for determining the acceleration and angles of the car. The RCM shares this data with the ABS system.

·
Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another possible source of a problem like this could be the restraints control module. This module incorporates the sensors for determining the acceleration and angles of the car. The RCM shares this data with the ABS system.
I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I hear back from the "vet" :ROFLMAO:
If this is a system that can fail mid-drive, like what happened here, this could be a huge lawsuit waiting to happen. Imagine you're going up an incline on the freeway and car starts rolling back into a semi coming at you. There were no warnings until the loss of power actually occurred

·
Registered
12 Posts
so you are likely suffering a failure in one of you onboard 12v battery systems. It could be a wiring harness or a a module, but I had this happen to me a couple of times before a complete replacement of the onboard battery control modules. The 12v battery system is responsible for starting, traction control and all sorts of things.
This is definitely a major safety issue. If you love the car be patient while it is fixed, which could be a long time while waiting for parts or diagnosis. If you are still new to the Jag you can look at repurchase or Lemon law claim.
I have a 2019 Jag I-Pace HSE. I had two major stops while driving, no warning, lucky no accidents.

·
Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so you are likely suffering a failure in one of you onboard 12v battery systems. It could be a wiring harness or a a module, but I had this happen to me a couple of times before a complete replacement of the onboard battery control modules. The 12v battery system is responsible for starting, traction control and all sorts of things.
This is definitely a major safety issue. If you love the car be patient while it is fixed, which could be a long time while waiting for parts or diagnosis. If you are still new to the Jag you can look at repurchase or Lemon law claim.
I have a 2019 Jag I-Pace HSE. I had two major stops while driving, no warning, lucky no accidents.
Interesting about the 12v battery.. I'm just surprised something like this hasn't become a TSB or recall. I did however report it to NHTSA
I will be waiting for the car, really don't like anything else on the market right now

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Given that you have a 2022 model, it only has 1 12v battery. The odds of a 12v battery problem are low since you don't report any other issues for 12v powered parts of the car. The car is fairly new so a weak 12v battery is also unlikely unless your luck is bad and you got one that is equally bad from the factory.

·
Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
UPDATE 9/21
Tech was finally able to diagnose the car, with the codes they were getting they had to completely depower the car to do any further inspection. They will have to wait for a specialized tech to come in and assist, however the tech may come and go as needed instead of being there until job completion. Estimated time frame is a few weeks to several months. Was told to contact Jaguar about any compensation or buy back, there are also no loaners available at all. If anyone has gone through issues like this or had Jaguar buy back or compensate you, PLEASE let me know

1 - 20 of 23 Posts