Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
830 Posts
Is the front bypass still functional? LOL. Doesn't look like it only for "aerodynamic appearance."

"Jaguar I-PACE features a bold front Matte Graphite Atlas front grille shield and a sculpted bonnet scoop for an aerodynamic appearance."
Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille Car

· Registered
830 Posts
The air channel is still there at the top of the front panel. It just isn't as prominent due to the shape of the flat panel.

One would not put the air channel below the flat panel. The air there would just run into the heat exchanger and be uncontrolled or just hit a "blank wall". It wouldn't be aerodynamic to take a 90 degree turn up then another 90 degree turn aft to flow the bonnet channel.

The air flow for the heat exchanger is in the smaller grille area below the large one. The active vanes are behind it to control flow of air through the heat exchanger.
Yeah, I'm not sure about that. Look again. It's similar to what Volvo has done to the first models of the XC40 Recharge front grill. Why would Jaguar describe it as "aerodynamic appearance" rather than just say for "aerodynamics?" I don't think Jaguar redesigned the duct work underneath the frunk for the bypass.
Grille Car Motor vehicle White Automotive tail & brake light

1 - 3 of 3 Posts