Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
167 Posts
The standard equipment list is pretty impressive. They've effectively lowered the cost of the car quite a bit, as the $70k model seems to have closer to $80k worth of previously paid-for options.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
269 Posts
What is the difference here from a European 2021?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,208 Posts
What is the difference here from a European 2021?
It will have a VIN indicating its a 2022 and be LHD. ;)

Other US market requirements that are not obvious (e.g. stuff behind the bumper skins and side mirrors).
Also notice that US will only get HSE trim level. No more S or SE.
To the casual observer, there isn't a difference just like there was no material difference between 2019 and 2020 model years. You'd have to disassemble them to find minor (upgraded) part differences.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
269 Posts

Other US market requirements that are not obvious (e.g. stuff behind the bumper skins and side mirrors).
To the casual observer, there isn't a difference just like there was no material difference between 2019 and 2020 model years. You'd have to disassemble them to find minor (upgraded) part differences.
Sure there are going to be territory differences to align with local regulations but everything that is discussed here in functional terms seems identical to the MY21, Pivi, 11Kwh charging etc.

The overall package does seem amazing value in the US but then most cars are aren't they compared to the UK?

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
50 Posts
Sure there are going to be territory differences to align with local regulations but everything that is discussed here in functional terms seems identical to the MY21, Pivi, 11Kwh charging etc.

The overall package does seem amazing value in the US but then most cars are aren't they compared to the UK?
The US version will probably lack matrix headlight functionality and sequential indicators on the rear. And probably won't allow you to close the windows through the app or keyfob.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
50 Posts

It also looks like lane centering has returned for 2022. There are also dual cutouts on the windshield for the driver assistance cameras compared to a single cutout in MY21. This probably means there is a new or upgraded driver assistance system.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It also looks like lane centering has returned for 2022. There are also dual cutouts on the windshield for the driver assistance cameras compared to a single cutout in MY21. This probably means there is a new or upgraded driver assistance system.
It isn't clear to me that is a pic of the new car rather than an earlier car. The only obvious distinguishing feature are the silver grill insets but that car has a black pack so they wouldn't be there anyway.

·
Registered
364 Posts
You forget to mention for this 2022
  • 150Kw for DC charger
  • keyless access (proximity sensor)
  • new Pivi Pro++
  • better aerodynamic front and grill
  • battery preconditioning before DC charge
  • weekly SOTA update for EVERY modules in the car.

Maybe no, I was only dreaming...

·
Registered
269 Posts
You forget to mention for this 2022
  • 150Kw for DC charger
  • keyless access (proximity sensor)
  • new Pivi Pro++
  • better aerodynamic front and grill
  • battery preconditioning before DC charge
  • weekly SOTA update for EVERY modules in the car.

Maybe no, I was only dreaming...
Given that it is the same it seems as a European 21 it does have a 150Kwh charger not that you ever seen to get too close to that (have managed a max of 120 personally)

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,208 Posts
Looks like stock pictures of a European model to me. The license plate is not US spec is a clue to that.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Looks like stock pictures of a European model to me. The license plate is not US spec is a clue to that.
Even then they might have picked better pics that were more representative of the changes made.

·
Registered
157 Posts
In North America you would have to have a 60 amp breaker and wire bigger than 6awg (with a plug in breaker)to charge at 11kw/hr with 240vac single phase!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts