Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 2022 IPace that had front passenger door replaced due to another vehicle backing into my passenger door. Body shop replaced door and painted side of vehicle. Upon receiving vehicle from body shop the door locks would not work on passenger side and lane control gave notice that it was unavailable. The car has been in the dealership for 10 days with mechanics not able to find any problems even after checking that body shop did install the new door correctly. I am now being told that the dealership is ordering a lock control module that will be here in a week but they have no solutions for lane assistance repair.

·
Administrator
3,125 Posts
Sound like they painted over a camera ... which admittedly the dealer should have seen, so maybe it's something else entirely. Did it definitely work before the crash?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,938 Posts
Possibly damaged/not fully connected wiring harness in the door? LKA relies on cameras and there is one on the underside of the side mirror on the door. This would also explain the locking issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dealership checked cameras and wiring harness now waiting for new locking module but doesn’t explain lane assist which is camera behind rear view mirror. However the system can not update with doors unlocked so culprit can’t be locking module. Will know more next week when module arrives.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealership replaced door locking module and now car locks and downloads updates however the lane assist still does not work and dealer ordered new steering wheel which will take 6 to 8 weeks.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Dealership replaced door locking module and now car locks and downloads updates however the lane assist still does not work and dealer ordered new steering wheel which will take 6 to 8 weeks.
So they it’s the button on the steering wheel? That would seem like a strange point of failure.

I have seen this locking module problem before. Glad that has a fix.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,938 Posts
Maybe a steering wheel switchpack, or steering angle sensor, but not a steering wheel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealership took steering wheel off as per engineering and checked steering assist module which showed a failure and not replaceable. Had to order a new steering wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts