Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
This implies you didnt purchase that one you found in inventory a few months ago?

I find the sports seats to be plenty good for entry exit.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry I can't compare the two, I havn't tested them side by side. I have the sport ones, and just finished a 5000km road trip on good and no so good road, and I can tell you that it was a delight for my back. No pain at all. The only missing feature : massage :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This implies you didnt purchase that one you found in inventory a few months ago?

I find the sports seats to be plenty good for entry exit.
Thanks for this.

Re the one in inventory, there were actually two available, although the HSE was 1,300 miles away. I was having difficulty deciding which to buy but eventually made an offer on the HSE. The car had been in inventory for two years, and had been advertised at a reduced price for several months, and my offer was accepted. Then my good friend (and First Edition owner) told me that he thought that both cars were greatly overpriced. I hesitated for a few days but decided to proceed with my offer, by which time the car had been sold. I then contacted the local dealer with the SE, and it too had sold the previous day.

Ultimately a 2022 may be my only hope.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I can't compare the two, I havn't tested them side by side. I have the sport ones, and just finished a 5000km road trip on good and no so good road, and I can tell you that it was a delight for my back. No pain at all. The only missing feature : massage :)
Thanks for this. We're a two-car family, and both could stand replacement. My XC60 is seven years old with 202,000 km behind it, so I am also planning to get a new ICE car for the longer road trips. It will almost certainly be another XC60, and it will have air suspension and massage seats :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
That sounds like fun. When it looked like COVID might be done last summer (oh, I was so naive) I toyed wit the idea of a cross country trip by car to visit customers in every province. Got too busy again to consider such a trip. How were all the charge stops? Did you manage to find hotels with L2s for every night?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Pretty much.... The first part of the trip (Montreal - Natashquan - Kegaska) was planned with night stops at the hotel most of the time on 240v (Quebec, les escoumains, baie-comeau, sept-iles). For the other stops I charged on 120v at night. It cost me 8$ for the first 1500km... Some Canada Parc had free charger at destination too (Escoumains, bataille de Ristigouche). The Jardins de Metis had a free tesla charger and 2 L2 from CE. I charged for free with my Tesla plug converter. This converter was very usefull at Quebec and Sept iles has well as the J1772 chargers were busy but the Tesla chargers were still available. I had to do Natashquan - Montreal in 1 day (1200km) and then Ottawa the next day for family reason, and then I drove back to Metis and Baie-des-chaleurs. Very pleasant trip. The 5000km cost me 120$ total.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts