Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in purchasing a 2022 I-Pace in winter 2021 or early 2022. Dealers are slowly taking inventory. Earlier this year, earlier models were being let go with great incentives, near 0% financing with ~$15-20k incentive. With the current global climate (chip shortage and increased interest in BEVs), what do you think is a fair price for 2022 model in California? My understanding is the I-Pace has a low sale volume (actually in contraction) when compared to Tesla, Ford, and Audi... Are dealers still wanting to get the I-Pace off their lot or will they play hardball and stick to MSRP or above? This will be a my first new car purchase, so I wanted to get feedback from current owners’ experiences. Also, is MSRP price guaranteed if you order a car for production? I am not in a rush to buy and don’t want to be swindled in this weird new reality. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Welcome

What model I-Pace are you looking for? S, HSE? What options?

Jaguar sells less than 200 of the I-Pace per month so it's very rare.
From talking to some dealers in Socal, 2022s are special order only, no inventory on the lots. This will make those heavy discounts difficult.
There is only one California rebate right now and that's the $1500 point of sale with your dealer, if they are approved. The $7500 federal tax incentive still stands.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There’s inventory in SoCal. Some are marked up. They are selling reasonably fast, as in while i am talking to the dealer. Haven’t seen an inventory car show up in NorCal though. When i was shopping, most dealers said their 22 was pre sold. I suspect there will be a few available in non popular configurations. Check the jaguar inventory page on their site. You can tell when a boat arrives stateside because the available inventory jumps by 20-40 cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Prefer Ceasium Blue HSE (only trim available for 2022). A few I-Paces are showing up in Southern California based on Jaguar’s inventory, but all are $4-8k above MSRP. I’ll keep an eye on these cars to see if they move. Hoping for some deals in the winter, but not optimistic. Do dealerships honor the CA $1500 incentive if they’re listed as participants of the program?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts