Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Lucid has some advantages in terms of a more efficient/lightweight drivetrain compared to Tesla. And their “wunderbox” charger which can charge at 19 kW and “one day” power a house if needed.

Those efficiency and charging gains are how they can advertise 300 miles of range in 20 min. That’s impressive. (But again, how often do we really go on trips)

And they got a big investment from Saudi princes

I feel like Lucid is here to stay. I test drove an air GT the other day. Really nice car. Not 140k nice. But I think they entry level model at 85k after the price hike at the end of this month is an interesting deal

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
957 Posts
Without any unique ip they are going to struggle once Ford, GM, VW etc get into their demographic. For yrs the markets have been going away from sedans for practicality reasons. There may be a market for small numbers of high priced luxury sedans, but the Tesla model relied on mass production of the M3 and that's where the Tesla like fortunes will be made.

·
Registered
559 Posts
If there was a luxury model 3 type EV that was reasonably priced I would be interested.

I agree that the sedan is going by the wayside. I still like a nice grand touring sedan. They will always be made.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts