Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

• Greater connectivity: Dual-modem embedded SIM with 4G data plan, wireless device charging, embedded Spotify, and Bluetooth for two phones at the same time
  • Driver Assistance technology: A new optional ClearSight rear-view digital mirror and standard-fit 3D surround camera system deliver significantly enhanced visibility
  • Occupant wellbeing enhanced: Cabin air ionisation with PM2.5 filtration captures ultrafine particles and allergens. The I-PACE can filter cabin air while on charge before a journey
  • More distinctive design: Atlas Chrome finish to grille pins as standard, enhanced paint palette [including new Caldera Red, Portofino Blue and Eiger Grey] and introduction of a 19-inch wheel
  • New Bright Pack option: accentuates I-PACE’s World Car of the Year award-winning design
  • Enhanced software-over-the-air capability: Systems including infotainment, battery management and charging can be updated remotely and enable the I-PACE to continuously improve over time

• up to 292 miles (470km) of WLTP range
  • 90 kWh battery pack (432 cells; 36 modules - 12 cells each)
  • 0-60 mph (96.5 km/h) in 4.5 seconds
  • all-wheel drive, dual motor (one motor per axle)
  • system output (peak) of 400 PS (about 294 kW) and 696 Nm of torque
  • AC charging in 8.6 hours using 11 kW three-phase on-board charger (an add 53km/33miles of WLTP range per hour)
  • DC fast charging at up to 100 kW (up to 78 miles/125 km WLTP to be added in 15 minutes)
  • 656-litre luggage compartment
  • 8 year or 100,000 mile battery warranty
  • Software over the Air (SOTA) functionality for infotainment, battery management and charging

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
101 Posts
The new Pivi Pro infotainment system is likely to be a huge improvement as well.

·
Registered
2020 S
65 Posts
The only thing that makes me jealous in that list is the increased rate of the onboard charger. That's a nice increase in speed.
The 11 kW AC charging is listed as 3 phase. Very few residences have 3 phase service in the US. Maybe if you live in a condo converted from an old warehouse or other commercial building.

The 19" wheel option is curious. Anything smaller than a 20" rim with this tire diameter is best suited for minivan duty. I'm surprised they didn't offer a 21" instead. I think that would be a good option.

·
Registered
550 Posts
All in all, unimpressive 2021 upgrades, and not likely to evoke much 'buyers remorse' from any 2019-2020 owners, including myself. Better infotainment? Meh. Faster overnight charging? Meh. My personal favorite: a rear-facing, wide-angle camera mounted in the infotainment system's roof antenna can sends images to the inside mirror with the flick of a toggle. (I wonder if that could be upgradeable on 2019-2020 models.) With what Magna e4 has done, I'm very surprised JLR left the range and DCFC rate unimproved. I think JLR saved their R&D money for the electric XJ.

I second Ken's comment above: Glad to hear there is a 2021!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like the wireless charger built into the front center console area. Rear camera also is a great and on for the limited visibility out the rear. I wonder if they could get it to ride even lower at highway speed to improve aerodynamics/range?

·
Registered
101 Posts
While not monumental changes, these improvements address the biggest soft spots for the car. Sluggish infotainment, less than great 360 degree cameras, highly obstructed rearward visibility, and a lack of wireless carplay/android auto. Faster charging is a nice to have, not a need to have. While range hasn't improved, this is a meaningful refresh.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wondering if the infotainment system can be upgraded on a 2019. It says they're using the same touch panels. I wonder if it's a single module or a whole cloth revamp.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The hardware is assuredly different, and they also reference two modems in addition to the ability to "hot upgrade" in real-time while the vehicle is being used. I assign a 0% chance of existing ICTP units being consolidated on the Pivi Pro software.

·
Registered
101 Posts
No infotainment retrofit is possible. The entire network architecture has been upgraded so it's not just a matter of swapping out the actual infotainment unit. The new network architecture is what enables the redundant module software which makes live SOTA upgrades possible.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Do we actually know what specific modules & functions of current cars can or cannot be upgraded vs the 2021s?

I‘ve actually seen nothing in writing as to which functions can’t be upgrade via OTA on current cars vs what functions now will have this ability on the upcoming model.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Do we actually know what specific modules & functions of current cars can or cannot be upgraded vs the 2021s?

I‘ve actually seen nothing in writing as to which functions can’t be upgrade vis OTA on current cars vs what functions now will have this ability on the upcoming model.
Current cars can, in theory, upgrade the following modules via SOTA: Infotainment, BECM, BCCM and TCU. So far, it seems like only the Infotainment module has actually received updates.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Black pack now comes with black badges, so they will have OEM parts that are black for those wanting to change out their current chrome stuffs.

The grill has chrome in it now, and I think its only all black with the black pack. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
318 Posts
Black pack now comes with black badges, so they will have OEM parts that are black for those wanting to change out their current chrome stuffs.

The grill has chrome in it now, and I think its only all black with the black pack. Could be wrong though.
The black "leaping cat/Jaguar" badge on the back is something I will be looking into, although I may not wait for the parts to be available and just paint a chrome one.

The other option for 2021 is to have the factory not install the "I-Pace" and "EV400/AWD" badges on the back. Something people have done after the fact on this forum. (Me included.)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The 19" wheel option is curious. Anything smaller than a 20" rim with this tire diameter is best suited for minivan duty. I'm surprised they didn't offer a 21" instead. I think that would be a good option.
20" is plenty. 18" is cheaper. I wouldn't go for 22s unless they were aftermarket, forged, and light. I think wheels are getting ridiculous.

My personal favorite: a rear-facing, wide-angle camera mounted in the infotainment system's roof antenna can sends images to the inside mirror with the flick of a toggle. (I wonder if that could be upgradeable on 2019-2020 models.)
I agree. I want this too. The rest doesn't matter to me. The infotainment system works fine. A surround camera is unnecessary. A front and rear camera is plenty. SOTA? I guess that's nice, but I'm taking the car in for front tires and they'll do the update then. No regrets here.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The UK site has all the new options when you build your own. Looks like Silicon Silver has been replaced with Aruba.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The new Pivi Pro infotainment system is likely to be a huge improvement as well.
I mean when I bought my F-pace, the I had the incontrol touch system--the pitch to get the upgraded incontrol touch pro was that it would be faster. It wasn't--at all. I wouldn't hold my breath.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts