Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this story in Apple News from Cars Guide. Sounds like the 2021 is getting some REALLY nice enhancements hardware wise (wireless CarPlay, faster IMC, faster charging for 3-phase power users). While it says we’ll continue to get updates, I suspect nothing interesting will be coming for us since they are switching to the new infotainment computer / OS.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Awesome. Maybe some of the new features will trickle down to older models. I'd love to get wireless Android Auto.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt they'll add that to older models. Since the 2021 uses a different IMC, with completely different software to support CarPlay / AA, and they implemented the wireless functionality on the new system, they don't really have much incentive to re-implement it on the completely different system in our cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's such a shame given all the future-proof marketing that went into the original release. For something so obvious in today's day and age, it's hard to believe the design team didn't account for any form of modularity in terms of the infotainment system architecture. Surely Jaguar anticipated some of the compute solutions onboard would be due for a tech refresh at a minimum within the advertised period of warranty. It'd be nice to see the ability to upgrade new features such as wireless charging and the ClearSight rearview mirror. Additionally, if the current infotainment processor can handle the overhaul it'd be nice to at least get to experience the new software with limited functionality. If JLR's goal for Pivi Pro is to become the standard across the entire fleet it would only make sense to utilize a MOSA approach that allows deployability across a variety of vehicle platforms. To an extent, that's what Pivo Pro's introduction on the new Defender does as I would find it highly unlikely the driver's display and climate control interface is significantly different than what's installed in existing I-Paces. Regardless, it's great to hear Jaguar is continuing to iterate and improve upon the I-Pace. Just a little disheartening to hear after recently purchasing a 2019 FE demo model; mainly because this is my first purchase as an original owner, not to mention this price point dwarfs the cost of my '97 M3. Hopefully, she won't get too jealous of my new daily driver...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts