Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a vehicle instead of taking one off the lot for many reasons, it was a tough thing to wait. The main reasons were I had heard the 2020 was going to have an increased range and the other particular to what I want and second year helps to work out the bugs. Tough to confirm increased range though. Couldn't confirm through dealers, they would emphatically state it was not mentioned in the memos they received on the 2020 updates. It was non-confirmed rumors in web media. I did see one site that stated JLR did not renew the contract with their current battery supplier LG, the new supplier Samsung, which they stated gave credence to the rumor of increased range. I had found one article that stated it was confirmed but couldn't put my hands on it. I just found this one that's states confirmed and official so thought I would post.

2020 Jaguar I-Pace Confirmed To Travel Over 300 Miles On A Single Charge

https://www.suvproject.com/2020-jaguar-i-pace/

Excerpts:
...it will get a more powerful battery. Officials say that with the new powerful battery, this model will easily travel over 300 miles with a single charge and it will beat all competitors on the market.

2020 Jaguar I-Pace Under the Hood
The new model 2020 Jaguar I-Pace is the futuristic SUV that will be able to travel over 300 miles in one charge according to the latest news. The upcoming model will be the main competitor to the Tesla X model. However, thanks to the new battery that will increase the range of the 2020 Jaguar I-Pace, Tesla must change its politic to be competitive.

Not banking on it but sure would be nice if it holds true.

The wait is gruesome

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
I ordered a vehicle instead of taking one off the lot for many reasons, it was a tough thing to wait. The main reasons were I had heard the 2020 was going to have an increased range and the other particular to what I want and second year helps to work out the bugs. Tough to confirm increased range though. Couldn't confirm through dealers, they would emphatically state it was not mentioned in the memos they received on the 2020 updates. It was non-confirmed rumors in web media. I did see one site that stated JLR did not renew the contract with their current battery supplier LG, the new supplier Samsung, which they stated gave credence to the rumor of increased range. I had found one article that stated it was confirmed but couldn't put my hands on it. I just found this one that's states confirmed and official so thought I would post.

2020 Jaguar I-Pace Confirmed To Travel Over 300 Miles On A Single Charge

https://www.suvproject.com/2020-jaguar-i-pace/

Excerpts:
...it will get a more powerful battery. Officials say that with the new powerful battery, this model will easily travel over 300 miles with a single charge and it will beat all competitors on the market.

2020 Jaguar I-Pace Under the Hood
The new model 2020 Jaguar I-Pace is the futuristic SUV that will be able to travel over 300 miles in one charge according to the latest news. The upcoming model will be the main competitor to the Tesla X model. However, thanks to the new battery that will increase the range of the 2020 Jaguar I-Pace, Tesla must change its politic to be competitive.

Not banking on it but sure would be nice if it holds true.

The wait is gruesome
The Samsung deal was announced last September, even before the I-Pace was released for sale in the US. Hard to say when they did/will start using the Samsung batteries.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Samsung deal was announced last September, even before the I-Pace was released for sale in the US. Hard to say when they did/will start using the Samsung batteries.
The article stated that LGs were only being used in the first year and the Samsung's being used next.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
That article was odd to say the least. Not giving it much weight.

·
Super Moderator
1,577 Posts
That article was odd to say the least. Not giving it much weight.
Typical internet garbage without sources

"according to the latest news"
and
"Tesla must change its politic to be competitive"
"politic" is an adjective. besides, its meaning is nowhere close to whatever that dude is trying to say

another 15 year old who wants to get clicks on his web site

·
Registered
137 Posts
This would be a few miles longer than its current WTLP range, FYI. also, article sounds silly.

And from a supply chain perspective, I highly doubt JLR will be switching battery types for the ipace--it will make service a nightmare. My take was the contract with samsung for different format batteries was for upcoming, unannounced EVs like the XJ. The samsung deal was for cylindrical batteries, the i-pace uses pouch. They'd likely have to redesign a huge chunk of the car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My strong guess is that the suggestion 2020 models have a different range is c***. I don’t know about the US but 2020 models are already being delivered here in Europe and no one is suggesting they are getting any different performance or range from 2019 cars. Yes, we are all getting better range due to it being early summer and warmer - in my case just over 230 miles on the GOM for a regular journey that gave me just over 200 in winter.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Picking up mine (a 2020 per the dealership) today in Raleigh. Will update about range over the next week or so. I assume it’ll be no better than the 2019.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just got my I Pace back from my dealer for a brake regen recall and I charged the car to 100% and the car says my range is now 275 miles verses 240 miles last week. ( Actual is closer to 220) I'm planning a long drive this weekend and I'll will verify if in fact it has gone up. ( I have 1600 miles on the vehicle )

·
Registered
499 Posts
I will state with absolute certainty the 2020 range is IDENTICAL to the 2019. No specification or parts change, so no performance change. I drove a 2019 FE for 7 months, and "traded in" for a 2020 a week ago today (see other posts for rationale) and have put my first 600mi on the car. I can report nearly identical GoM readings at 100% SOC depending on whether my most recent driving was highway (range 200-210mi) or around town (220-235). I'm in Florida experiencing the hottest time of the year so AC is running at Level 3+ whenever I'm in the car (cooled seats, too) so I'm sure the car is using some energy to cool the cabin and its own batteries. If I were shopping anew I'd get the 2019 as they are starting to be heavily discounted, both sale prices and money factors for lease. No deals on the 2020s.

·
Registered
10 Posts
DT is correct. The current 2020 models do not have 300-mile range; however, it is worth noting that JLR does not save new options, packages, and upgrades for next year’s model as most car manufacturers do. All of the 2020 options mentioned prior in this post rolled-out in the late-2019 models. So it is very possible for a 300-mile range option to come available later this year. Although it would likely be labeled the EV500 as this number is associate with the approximate range in kilometer. Be assured that an EV500 will cost more than an EV400 in the same trim.

·
Registered
980 Posts
And if it comes to be it will be heavier due to bigger battery, so unless you need the range there will be a trade off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts