Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been looking at 2019s due to the deep discounts, but the local dealer just called me about a newly arrived 2020 HSE for $66,000. They wouldn't budge any further on the 2019 I was looking at (about $68,500), and that seemed a bit too much in light of the discounts becoming more and more well known.

The 20 is Borasco Grey, Ebony/Ebony, Cold Climate pack, 4 zone CC, Adaptive Dynamics, HUD, premium interior protection pack, Ebony morzine headlining, Basic rear seat convenience pack, and a few smaller options (cabin ionization, chrome wheel locks, etc).

I like the upgrades on this build. The only thing I'm not sure about is the Borasco Grey, but since folks on the forum have said that you need to see it in person before judging, I'm willing to at least take a look. The build sheet says the build date was July 2019, but just arrived at the dealer 3 days ago. Does that mean it's probably been elsewhere previously?

Any thoughts on the pricing? This has all discounts applied, so the 0% financing is not available (I'm pre-approved for under 3% on my own). I know the 2020s and 2019s are basically identical, but is there any tangible benefit to a 20 over a 19?

I'm talking with a couple out of state dealers about similar build 2019s that would likely be a little less than the 20 being offered, but there's the shipping costs and hassle.

I'd love to get feedback. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
750 Posts
BUY this car!!! $68,500 is a fantastic price for a 2019, but $66,000 is a FANTASTIC price for a 2020. Insane. Great options too on the 2020.

I almost bought Borasco Grey, but I thought it looked like gray clay when sitting in the showroom. Outside in real light, it is beautiful and very unique. It looks especially good with the black 20" wheels. Borasco is a unique, cool colour that one will end up liking more as time goes on.

RUN to get a 2020 HSE for $66,000. My 2019 HSE has a sticker of almost $85k and when I got it for about $70k, the dealer said that was the best deal ever on a HSE :-O You gotta buy this car!!! LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cynic in me is always looking for the catch. What would cause them to price a newer model year version with 6 miles on the odo LESS than the 2019?

I suppose it's entirely possible that the dealership got a waaaaaay better deal on the 20 than they did on the 19. It just arrived.

Also wondering if this is a one-off, or a new trend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, the sales guy is a nerd* who says he is the guy at their dealership for EV info, but he tells me he's not sure what I mean by a battery health report. What specifically should I ask him to do?

* I am also a nerd. It is a high compliment.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
368 Posts
The other thing to check is that it is not "punched" and that it is new. Has it been a dealer demo? Has the warranty started already or will it start when you buy it? How many miles are on it?

I haven't seen the Borasco in person, but I like the pictures of it. The lighter or bolder colors are a better contrast to the black accents.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How many miles are on it?

I haven't seen the Borasco in person, but I like the pictures of it. The lighter or bolder colors are a better contrast to the black accents.
Six (6) miles.

I normally like darker colors, but this deal is good enough that I need to judge the Borasco in person.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
368 Posts
Six (6) miles.

I normally like darker colors, but this deal is good enough that I need to judge the Borasco in person.
I'd still verify the warranty status and that it is "new" and fully qualifies for the federal tax credit. Probably a great deal either way, but you might as well have all the info up front.

No idea why a 2020 would be a bigger discount than the 2019.

2020 should also have 0% financing. My 2019 did not have that financing when I bought it a week ago.

Does it have the 22" wheels with summer tires? Could be an issue if you have snow.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sound like a great deal. When shopping, my local Houston dealer had about that same build in 2020 HSE Borasco and Oyster w/o the adaptive pack. Their lowest was 14k off msrp . I only saw the car while it was in the shop for updates during covid . Looked really nice with 22 inch rims and black pack .

Eventually went with out of state dealer on a new 2019 HSE in Caesium Blue with black interior, >
100 test drive miles and loaded as the one your looking at . MSRP 87,600 which would have been over 88k in 2020 given minor price adjustments . Got it for 66k and they covered shipping. Only 3 days now but love it

·
Registered
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
231 Posts
I bought my Borasco Grey early last year, it was a bit of a change for me. I think it works well in that all of the black trim pieces play off it very well. It causes all of the intakes, vents, grill, and lower side trim to show up more distinctly than on a dark car where they tend to blend in more. I've gotten a surprising large number of compliments on this car, more than any other I've ever had and I've had a lot of nice ones. Many mention the color as part of the compliment, and a small handful have actually just complimented the color. The paint does appear somewhat differently under different lighting conditions, so try to check it out under varied conditions. In late day lighting it looks its best in my opinion.

In this photo I took of the car at a ChargePoint-hosted electric car show, who would have thought that grey would have been an unusual color in the bunch. It was also the car that the local TV news crew framed in the background during their segment on the show.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
BUY this car!!! $68,500 is a fantastic price for a 2019, but $66,000 is a FANTASTIC price for a 2020. Insane. Great options too on the 2020.

I almost bought Borasco Grey, but I thought it looked like gray clay when sitting in the showroom. Outside in real light, it is beautiful and very unique. It looks especially good with the black 20" wheels. Borasco is a unique, cool colour that one will end up liking more as time goes on.

RUN to get a 2020 HSE for $66,000. My 2019 HSE has a sticker of almost $85k and when I got it for about $70k, the dealer said that was the best deal ever on a HSE :-O You gotta buy this car!!! LOL
I can't figure out why a 2020 is being offered for less than a 2019. Definitely odd.

As for the color, you really need to see it. The dealer said people tend to either love it or hate it. I was serous about a Borasco Gray they had because it had the oyster interior, which is what I originally wanted. That car was not on their lot, so I only got to see it on an E-Pace. Granted it was a dirty car, but I was kind of just OK with it. The white with the black interior made me happier.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
173 Posts
The 2020 has a $5,000 factory incentive (or 0% up to 72 months, whichever you choose). So if you're not using the financing offer, the dealer has an extra $5k of wiggle room, whereas the 2019 does not at present.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The 2020 has a $5,000 factory incentive (or 0% up to 72 months, whichever you choose). So if you're not using the financing offer, the dealer has an extra $5k of wiggle room, whereas the 2019 does not at present.
Yeah, in this case the dealer already included the $5K incentive in the quote. With my interest rate, it's still slightly cheaper payments to take the rebate.

·
Registered
68 Posts
One more vote for Borasco, the most unique of the I-Pace colors outside of the Photon Red (#wannabeorange). Borasco only shows its true color in photos on cloudy days. "Sunny" pics of Borasco tend to wash out the gray unless you edit them to tone down the highlights.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Got a compliment on the Photon Red today. Car needs to be cleaned and still got props.

That's a great deal. Go for it. I'm tempted to get a second I-Pace, but at this point, we barely drive.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
As @x43x mentioned, the Borasco looks different in certain lighting
I was getting this color but it looked white in the sun. I had to park it against white to really tell the difference.

Photon Red is a type of red/orange mix, but to me it also looked a little pink in certain lighting. I had to get an all back interior to contrast this which I couldn't find

Reactions: tsgeek

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
As @x43x mentioned, the Borasco looks different in certain lighting
I was getting this color but it looked white in the sun. I had to park it against white to really tell the difference.

Photon Red is a type of red/orange mix, but to me it also looked a little pink in certain lighting. I had to get an all back interior to contrast this which I couldn't find
I'm a fan of black seating in all cars. We ordered ours exactly as we wanted.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts