Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yes, they do. I have a Corris Grey FE and I don't really see/feel the heated windshield. It's a hit and miss; you should definitely drive it and make sure that it doesn't bother you.
I brought the heated windshield up to @Ken, but after he test drove it at night, it didn't bother him at all.
It does depend on the individual

·
Registered
607 Posts
I could try that, however from what I’m reading, people definitely don’t like it.
I must be the outlier because I have no issue with the heated windshield. I didn't really notice it until the topic came up in this forum and of course my eyes were drawn to the distortion. After a few more nighttime drives I no longer notice it and the windscreen is great at melting ice and snow. I live in Colorado and don't regret having it. If you live in a state with mild winters you won't need it but doing a nighttime test drive is a great idea.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yes, they do. I have a Corris Grey FE and I don't really see/feel the heated windshield. It's a hit and miss; you should definitely drive it and make sure that it doesn't bother you.
That makes three of us with Curt. I‘ve never once noticed the grid structure while driving, nor noticed glare. It’s interesting how it affects some and not others.

The only time it’s come into play is with my monthly car wash pass. The grid impacts the car wash’s electronic reader as it scans the tag that‘s adhesively attached to the windshield. The car wash owner even anticipated this when he put it on. He said we can try it, but Jags with the heated windshield are notorious for having issues properly reading the tag. The owner later relocated it to the front side of the roof. Other than that, no I’ll-effects.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Count another with no issue with the heated windshield. My wife’s Volvo was the first car we had with a heated windshield and it was a little weird at first but after a week of driving not noticed unless you actively looked for the wires. The Jaguar’s are even less noticeable even when looking for them. If you live in a place that gets ice and snow it is a great tool to have, no more scraping needed. It’s also great if you don’t want the climate control on but the window is fogging up just turn on the heating elements and it clears quickly.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
279 Posts
Count another with no issue with the heated windshield. My wife’s Volvo was the first car we had with a heated windshield and it was a little weird at first but after a week of driving not noticed unless you actively looked for the wires. The Jaguar’s are even less noticeable even when looking for them. If you live in a place that gets ice and snow it is a great tool to have, no more scraping needed. It’s also great if you don’t want the climate control on but the window is fogging up just turn on the heating elements and it clears quickly.
Add one more to that list.

The wires are not noticable normally unless looking for them. The only time I am reminded they are there is when the sun is low in the sky and at the right angle you get a "rainbow refraction" pattern.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
272 Posts
It mostly doesn't bother me. The only time I had a problem with it was at night when it was pouring rain and the lights from oncoming cars where made worse than normal for me.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts