Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yes, they do. I have a Corris Grey FE and I don't really see/feel the heated windshield. It's a hit and miss; you should definitely drive it and make sure that it doesn't bother you.
I brought the heated windshield up to @Ken, but after he test drove it at night, it didn't bother him at all.
It does depend on the individual

·
Registered
680 Posts
I could try that, however from what I’m reading, people definitely don’t like it.
I must be the outlier because I have no issue with the heated windshield. I didn't really notice it until the topic came up in this forum and of course my eyes were drawn to the distortion. After a few more nighttime drives I no longer notice it and the windscreen is great at melting ice and snow. I live in Colorado and don't regret having it. If you live in a state with mild winters you won't need it but doing a nighttime test drive is a great idea.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yes, they do. I have a Corris Grey FE and I don't really see/feel the heated windshield. It's a hit and miss; you should definitely drive it and make sure that it doesn't bother you.
That makes three of us with Curt. I‘ve never once noticed the grid structure while driving, nor noticed glare. It’s interesting how it affects some and not others.

The only time it’s come into play is with my monthly car wash pass. The grid impacts the car wash’s electronic reader as it scans the tag that‘s adhesively attached to the windshield. The car wash owner even anticipated this when he put it on. He said we can try it, but Jags with the heated windshield are notorious for having issues properly reading the tag. The owner later relocated it to the front side of the roof. Other than that, no I’ll-effects.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Count another with no issue with the heated windshield. My wife’s Volvo was the first car we had with a heated windshield and it was a little weird at first but after a week of driving not noticed unless you actively looked for the wires. The Jaguar’s are even less noticeable even when looking for them. If you live in a place that gets ice and snow it is a great tool to have, no more scraping needed. It’s also great if you don’t want the climate control on but the window is fogging up just turn on the heating elements and it clears quickly.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
353 Posts
Count another with no issue with the heated windshield. My wife’s Volvo was the first car we had with a heated windshield and it was a little weird at first but after a week of driving not noticed unless you actively looked for the wires. The Jaguar’s are even less noticeable even when looking for them. If you live in a place that gets ice and snow it is a great tool to have, no more scraping needed. It’s also great if you don’t want the climate control on but the window is fogging up just turn on the heating elements and it clears quickly.
Add one more to that list.

The wires are not noticable normally unless looking for them. The only time I am reminded they are there is when the sun is low in the sky and at the right angle you get a "rainbow refraction" pattern.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
293 Posts
It mostly doesn't bother me. The only time I had a problem with it was at night when it was pouring rain and the lights from oncoming cars where made worse than normal for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Whoops! I bet there are a few Corris Gray and Ultimate Black Metallic FE owners ready to chime in.
Can you expand on that? I’m about to take delivery of a new 2019 < 220 miles this Friday. Deep discount ie $27000 off MSRP 84300. What updates or things should I have them do before handing over $$. Thank you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can you expand on that? I’m about to take delivery of a new 2019 < 220 miles this Friday. Deep discount ie $27000 off MSRP 84300. What updates or things should I have them do before handing over $$. Thank you.
They were referring to the fact that the First Editions came in more than just the photon red color. It was also offered in the ultimate black and corris gray. I went with corris gray for my FE but wish they would have offered british racing green or the custom lorie blue that Prince Charles got.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
32 Posts
My first experience with heated windshield was on my Range Rover, at first it took a little to get used to but that didn’t take long. Had it for 3 years then drove a VW eGolf with heated windshield for about a year, now I’m in the FE with heated windshield.

After that initial adjustment period of maybe 2-4 weeks, I don’t mind it at all, and it doesn’t bother me at night with lights etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think you can beat that price on the 2019. I bought my 2019 in May (just after the dealerships opened back up here) and got 23K off the MSRP (not including the tax credit of course). And that was for a car with 25 miles on the odometer. Not a First Edition but an HSE with most of the same features added.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Re the heated windshield: I’m still having problems with the car wash reader scanning my monthly car wash pass sticker. The owner has moved it from the roof to the very side of the glass where the elements stop, to now the outside lower side of the glass. Nothing has worked and it's got him scratching his head. He can't figure out why nothing has worked. It's hard to believe the heating elements are creating such an obstacle to the reader.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
32 Posts
Re the heated windshield: I’m still having problems with the car wash reader scanning my monthly car wash pass sticker. The owner has moved it from the roof to the very side of the glass where the elements stop, to now the outside lower side of the glass. Nothing has worked and it's got him scratching his head. He can't figure out why nothing has worked. It's hard to believe the heating elements are creating such an obstacle to the reader.
Well most of the interference is actually from the solar attenuating film that’s applied to the windshield. I’m not sure how much interference the heating elements cause, but the solar attenuating film does interfere VERY MUCH. For example, it’s difficult to open my garage doors, and sometimes it interferes with my cell phone signals etc.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
32 Posts
Try to push for a little more, I got $29k off MSRP on a FE with about 200 miles. Not a demo as I still have the full 5yr/60k warranty

·
Registered
592 Posts
Well most of the interference is actually from the solar attenuating film that’s applied to the windshield. I’m not sure how much interference the heating elements cause, but the solar attenuating film does interfere VERY MUCH. For example, it’s difficult to open my garage doors, and sometimes it interferes with my cell phone signals etc.
I would absolutely agree, but how do you figure his last attempt was to place the sticker on the outside of the windshield and it still didn't work! Bizarre.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
228 Posts
I did notice my phone seemingly having trouble with the GPS if it was in the cup holder area, but on the passenger seat seemed to work.

·
Registered
97 Posts
So I went to the dealer today to get me a 2020 IPace. I had only seen pictures of the car. $10,000 off plus $5,000 rebate. When I get there, I saw the car I had picked out and I was not blown away. It was dirty, had the 20” black wheels, silver exterior and mars red interior. I just wasn’t feeling it. However, they had a 2019 First Edition on the show room floor that I really liked. It had 2200 miles and the owner of jaguar dealer had driven it. Not titled so eligible for federal rebate still. They offered taking $10,000 off and $10,000 rebate. So about $6,000 cheaper than 19 with sales tax. Payment was about $200 cheaper. Anything different between 19 and 20 that is deal breaker? It had the 22” carbon fiber wheels, loved them. Plus it’s first edition. Just seemed like nicer interior than 20. I’m seriously considering this one! Only down side for me, was it was black! Beautiful clean though! I said I’d never own another black car, oh well!
Sounds good. I got $13,500 off last Sept on an 2019 HSE in Tampa Florida. It had 42 miles on it. I also got my Full Fed credit this year. I'm still Happy. Get it if you like it.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts