Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the dealer today to get me a 2020 IPace. I had only seen pictures of the car. $10,000 off plus $5,000 rebate. When I get there, I saw the car I had picked out and I was not blown away. It was dirty, had the 20” black wheels, silver exterior and mars red interior. I just wasn’t feeling it. However, they had a 2019 First Edition on the show room floor that I really liked. It had 2200 miles and the owner of jaguar dealer had driven it. Not titled so eligible for federal rebate still. They offered taking $10,000 off and $10,000 rebate. So about $6,000 cheaper than 19 with sales tax. Payment was about $200 cheaper. Anything different between 19 and 20 that is deal breaker? It had the 22” carbon fiber wheels, loved them. Plus it’s first edition. Just seemed like nicer interior than 20. I’m seriously considering this one! Only down side for me, was it was black! Beautiful clean though! I said I’d never own another black car, oh well!

·
Super Moderator
1,950 Posts
Ohhhhh. I would reconsider the Silver and Mars. Get it washed, try again! Silver and Mars was my first one, I loved it.
I would be cautious with a First Edition ... if you go for that one, have them check the battery (because it probably just sat there for a long time) and update all software (not just infotainment, but everything like TCU etc).

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
278 Posts
So I went to the dealer today to get me a 2020 IPace. I had only seen pictures of the car. $10,000 off plus $5,000 rebate. When I get there, I saw the car I had picked out and I was not blown away. It was dirty, had the 20” black wheels, silver exterior and mars red interior. I just wasn’t feeling it. However, they had a 2019 First Edition on the show room floor that I really liked. It had 2200 miles and the owner of jaguar dealer had driven it. Not titled so eligible for federal rebate still. They offered taking $10,000 off and $10,000 rebate. So about $6,000 cheaper than 19 with sales tax. Payment was about $200 cheaper. Anything different between 19 and 20 that is deal breaker? It had the 22” carbon fiber wheels, loved them. Plus it’s first edition. Just seemed like nicer interior than 20. I’m seriously considering this one! Only down side for me, was it was black! Beautiful clean though! I said I’d never own another black car, oh well!
Mine was an early FE. VP of dealership had driven for 3 months prior to my purchase - I was comfortable that everything was running as expected. Yes, get the battery checked, but if it paases that test the FE is a good choice.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I meant to say Red, Black and Gray
Whatever the color, it looks like you're getting ready to obtain one? You won't be disappointed! I didn't want black either but it had the options that were important to me. I've grown to love the elegant look and I still get tons of compliments. I had Cilajet ceramic coating applied and the car stays pretty clean.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I agree with @sciencegeek about the battery. There is a higher probability of a major problem with that FE because of how long its been sitting.

@Brendon ia also correct about the discounts. I would try and push it more than $23k because of how long they have had it.

The FEs have every option. A big one I always mention is the leather dash and doors. I also like the wood grain and suede headliner.
Just watch the heated windshield. Some people have complained about visibility issues and glare at night due to the heating elements.

With the FEs, it's all about the details if that matters to you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is the $10,000 rebate you are referencing? For a demo car with 2k miles, I would expect at least a 23k+ discount off MSRP for a 2019. Many dealerships have been discounting brand new 2019's by 20k.
It is $20,000 off. It’s $10,000 by dealer and $10,000 rebate. At least that’s how they referred to it, as a rebate.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree with @sciencegeek about the battery. There is a higher probability of a major problem with that FE because of how long its been sitting.

@Brendon ia also correct about the discounts. I would try and push it more than $23k because of how long they have had it.

The FEs have every option. A big one I always mention is the leather dash and doors. I also like the wood grain and suede headliner.
Just watch the heated windshield. Some people have complained about visibility issues and glare at night due to the heating elements.

With the FEs, it's all about the details if that matters to you
They are suppossed to check the battery for me Monday. With that being said, what number is acceptable? If it doesn’t test well, do they replace?
I really don’t think they will budge off the price anymore, but I agree with you all, they as the dealer are only taking off $10,000, regardless of the rebate amount. So you are saying it should be $23,000 off plus the $10,000 rebate?

·
Registered
787 Posts
@sciencegeek is the master of battery capacity, but in terms of price, I would shoot for over $25k in cap reduction from the dealer, excluding the $7500 federal tax credit.
So total discounts should be over $32,500

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've owed both the 2019 and 2020. How/why?: when my originally-ordered HSE arrived in Dec 2018, the headliner was white (on a triple black order!), so I walked. The very next day I found a 2019 FE at another dealer (customer who ordered had been hospitalized and couldn't take delivery), so I grabbed it right off the showroom floor with 14 miles on it. Took a week before I drove it at night, and was absolutely freaked out by the glare caused by the heated windshield (standard feature on all FEs, but I'd neither ordered it nor driven one with it until I owned it). After 4 months of trying (negotiating, pleading) with JLR to 'swap out' the windshield, they were unwilling to do so due to unknown software issues it may cause, so dealer negotiated a trade and new order. In July 2019 my 2020 HSE arrived and I 'traded in' my 2019 FE for it. I put 5k miles on the 2019 and now have 14k miles on my 2020 (another 2,500 mi on a 2019 FE loaner along the way).
So with >21k I-Pace miles driven, 1/3 of them in a 2019 and the balance a 2020, NOTHING is different between the 2 model years, only the year and VIN.
That said, my best advice is BE SURE you are OK with the heated windshield glare (a little during the day, but a LOT at night, especially with heavy oncoming traffic and rain - suggest a test drive in those conditions: night, rain, bright oncoming lights). Other than deleting the 'heated windshield' the only change I made when re-ordering my 2020 HSE was adding the LED "Jaguar" door sill lighting. I like it MUCH better than the etched (unlighted) 'First Edition' door sills.
I'd also note that both my 2019 FE and 2020 HSE were Black - the only color that eliminates the 'two tone' effect of the I-Pace side stripe, which I was not particularly fond of. With the black trim package (including grill ring), it's either a mean or elegant look.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've owed both the 2019 and 2020. How/why?: when my originally-ordered HSE arrived in Dec 2018, the headliner was white (on a triple black order!), so I walked. The very next day I found a 2019 FE at another dealer (customer who ordered had been hospitalized and couldn't take delivery), so I grabbed it right off the showroom floor with 14 miles on it. Took a week before I drove it at night, and was absolutely freaked out by the glare caused by the heated windshield (standard feature on all FEs, but I'd neither ordered it nor driven one with it until I owned it). After 4 months of trying (negotiating, pleading) with JLR to 'swap out' the windshield, they were unwilling to do so due to unknown software issues it may cause, so dealer negotiated a trade and new order. In July 2019 my 2020 HSE arrived and I 'traded in' my 2019 FE for it. I put 5k miles on the 2019 and now have 14k miles on my 2020 (another 2,500 mi on a 2019 FE loaner along the way).
So with >21k I-Pace miles driven, 1/3 of them in a 2019 and the balance a 2020, NOTHING is different between the 2 model years, only the year and VIN.
That said, my best advice is BE SURE you are OK with the heated windshield glare (a little during the day, but a LOT at night, especially with heavy oncoming traffic and rain - suggest a test drive in those conditions: night, rain, bright oncoming lights). Other than deleting the 'heated windshield' the only change I made when re-ordering my 2020 HSE was adding the LED "Jaguar" door sill lighting. I like it MUCH better than the etched (unlighted) 'First Edition' door sills.
I'd also note that both my 2019 FE and 2020 HSE were Black - the only color that eliminates the 'two tone' effect of the I-Pace side stripe, which I was not particularly fond of. With the black trim package (including grill ring), it's either a mean or elegant look.
Great to know! It’s funny you say that about the black side stripe. When I saw the IPace in person for the first time, I just really didn’t care for it, thats what drew me to the 19 black FE. The stripe was more hidden and blended better to me. I swore I would never get another black car! I’m really torn on what to do. The windshield thing makes me nervous. I really can’t test drive it at night because the dealer is 3 hours away. Another reason I may have really liked it was it was on the show room floor. Perfectly clean, shiny, just perfect conditions. I had a friend with me who agreed with me that it was the best looking IPace at the dealer. There was 6 there, all 20s except the FE we liked. We have a dealer here in the town I live in, but they only have 1 in stock. It’s the blue one with black wheels and an SE. I’m just not very fond of the black wheels either.
I like the 22s best. But I owned an Audi with 22 summer tires and they were a pain. They wore out in about 16,000 miles. Had to change them during winter. And they were expensive to replace. But they sure look good!
I’m hoping to figure something out this week. If I can find a 19 at a killer deal, I will probably go that way. Whether it’s a first edition? I just don’t know yet.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Great to know! It’s funny you say that about the black side stripe. When I saw the IPace in person for the first time, I just really didn’t care for it, thats what drew me to the 19 black FE. The stripe was more hidden and blended better to me. I swore I would never get another black car! I’m really torn on what to do. The windshield thing makes me nervous. I really can’t test drive it at night because the dealer is 3 hours away. Another reason I may have really liked it was it was on the show room floor. Perfectly clean, shiny, just perfect conditions. I had a friend with me who agreed with me that it was the best looking IPace at the dealer. There was 6 there, all 20s except the FE we liked. We have a dealer here in the town I live in, but they only have 1 in stock. It’s the blue one with black wheels and an SE. I’m just not very fond of the black wheels either.
I like the 22s best. But I owned an Audi with 22 summer tires and they were a pain. They wore out in about 16,000 miles. Had to change them during winter. And they were expensive to replace. But they sure look good!
I’m hoping to figure something out this week. If I can find a 19 at a killer deal, I will probably go that way. Whether it’s a first edition? I just don’t know yet.
For the heated windshield, this is option so maybe there is one in inventory at the dealership closer to you that you can test at night

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For the heated windshield, this is option so maybe there is one in inventory at the dealership closer to you that you can test at night
I could try that, however from what I’m reading, people definitely don’t like it.

·
Super Moderator
1,950 Posts
Even in sunny CA I had a hard time finding one without the heated windshield, which is an obligatory part of the winter package. I guess they think that prospective buyers all have a condo in Mammoth or a cabin in Tahoe and once a year brave the brutally cold temperatures (oooh, it's freezing) of the mountains.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts