Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
May I ask if you don't mind why you're selling, especially if as you say no service issues?

I'd be hard pressed to get rid of my 2020 HSE, infotainment and all... Love it.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Are you looking for another EV or will be ICE?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Great question. Has nothing to do with the car. For around town, it's nearly perfect. But we travel a good bit, and the charging infrastructure in the Southeastern U.S. just isn't quite adequate yet. And we need a car we can take on trips.
Wanna buy my RAM truck? :)

Reactions: NerdUno

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Good luck with the sale! Beautiful car that is nearly unique on the road.

IMO, EVs are still not as good as ICE choices when it comes to interstate travel. Even if they charged in 5 minutes like gas cars refill and actually went 250 miles at 85 mph in all seasons, gas cars have >150,000 refueling locations in the USA. There are few areas where the 'car' decides your itinerary for you like an EV does.

However there is a certain 'adventure' aspect of EV long trips that make them memorable.

Blasphemy but the best Interstate Hauler we ever had was a motorhome. But we had young kids and were towing a race trailer to areas with no hotels or gas stations.

Reactions: NerdUno

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great question. Has nothing to do with the car. For around town, it's nearly perfect. But we travel a good bit, and the charging infrastructure in the Southeastern U.S. just isn't quite adequate yet. And we need a car we can take on trips.

I've been following EV's for a few years and just can't make the purchase. I've had my finger on the button and have driven a few and have put deposits on three. My current is a Rivian R1T. Canceled the model 3 and also the E-Tron. Now Audi has many on the lot. Never been this indecisive on anything in my life. When I think I'm ready the forums seem to cool me off for all of the issues. Not interested in having gatherings at the service line.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I've been following EV's for a few years and just can't make the purchase. I've had my finger on the button and have driven a few and have put deposits on three. My current is a Rivian R1T. Canceled the model 3 and also the E-Tron. Now Audi has many on the lot. Never been this indecisive on anything in my life. When I think I'm ready the forums seem to cool me off for all of the issues. Not interested in having gatherings at the service line.
Rivian is still vaporware. Model 3 is... well... a Model 3.

I-Pace is something special and real. The issues are largely infotainment related. Not a big deal for me. A big deal for others. I can tell you that a Model 3 or an E-Tron, at least around here, are not going to get a second look. The I-Pace grabs people.

Reactions: sciencegeek
1 - 13 of 13 Posts