Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new or possibly used I-Pace. They are heavily discounted now, and I'm curious what people are saying for new or used 2019's? I've seen some with an MSRP of 90k going for 55k-60k. The benefit of buying new is the $7,500 credit. So a discounted new 2019 would be ideal. Even if you can get it at 60k with the $7,500 credit, it's a steal... Right??

Thanks guys!

Super Moderator
Hi Jayely, welcome! Given the huge discounts and the tax credit on new ones I would target those. There are a couple of other threads where the same question is discussed, rummage around a bit; people here are happy to assist with advice and resources. 馃嵑

Super Moderator
Here's the most recent thread that's relevant:

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but that's not really answering my question. I'm more interested in what you guys think and what buyers in the last couple months have paid for their new or used I-pace. Any threads on that specific question by chance? Thanks again!

Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
If you're interested in buying an i-pace, find one equipped and with an acceptable color, do the math that fits your wallet. If it fits before negotiation, discuss it with the dealer that has the car. Buy it if you like a negotiated price.

I personally prefer new over used since it will have wear and tear that I put on it instead of starting off with unknown wear and tear from a previous owner. Others may choose used with the notion that most of any problems were resolved by former owner, and wear and tear is accounted for in a discounted price.

I've only bought 1 used car in my life. Fortunately, it turned out to be a good car except for a couple engine design flaws that all of that particular car model/engine combo had regardless of new or used. They require some significant engine maintenance every 150K-200K miles (provided 1 is taken care of with new design parts before the engine self-destructs).

Registered
I picked up a used First edition demo that was never titled for $52k will also get the 7500 tax rebate - so a killer deal, only had 5k miles, perfect condition. Very happy so far.

Registered
my warranty is good through 2024 - i'll likely want something new then anyways! what did you pay for the extended warranty - and how much longer is it good for?
CPO is included in the price. The issue is as it is a demo, the service date is when the dealer got the car, not the date I go the car, even though it is never titled and had only less than 5k miles. Without cpo, I would have lost 18 months of warranty. The CPO extended the warranty to 6 years and 100k.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
A local dealer is offering their brand new 2019 with an MSRP of 94k for 63k, is that a fairly good deal would you guys say? Or possible to get them to go lower?

Registered
Mazda RX-8
A local dealer is offering their brand new 2019 with an MSRP of 94k for 63k, is that a fairly good deal would you guys say? Or possible to get them to go lower?
Definitely a great deal! Make sure it is actually "new" and not a dealer demo. Some are listed as new, but have thousands of miles on them. Another member got a "punched" vehicle so it was actually purchased by the dealer and has lost some of the warranty. $30k off is great, but it may have miles on it and/or lost some of the warranty time.

Registered
If you're ok with not having a BRAND new one - you could do about $10k better if you got one of the used demo stock, there is quite a few out there. The depreciation is lousy on these if you plan to sell in new few years.

Registered
WOW, a 90k car for 44.5k (after $7,500)? Really??
Yup - there were a few scratches etc, but nothing i couldn't live with. also all the updates were done and 97% battery health. perfect deal. it was never titled so i wasn't worried about it being a buy back. that would have shown up in the carfax records.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
I have to say, that's the best deal I've ever heard of in my life on a car lol. New would be nice to have that $7,500 credit. New and a dealer demo is even better though, like your situation, That's where the HUGE discounts come into play it appears.

Registered
Do it!

I got a 2019 demo HSE a few weeks ago and love it. 87k MSRP. Only 1450 miles. They wanted 49999 and I negotiated an extra 1000 off. Plus not titled so the tax credit qualifies. I didn't go the CPO route because it didn't seem worth it to me (would have been another ~2k)

It's an insanely nice car for the low to mid 40s, unbeatable.

Super Moderator
Do it!

I got a 2019 demo HSE a few weeks ago and love it. 87k MSRP. They wanted 49999 and I negotiated an extra 1000 off. Plus not titled so the tax credit qualifies. I didn't go the CPO route because it didn't seem worth it to me (would have been another ~2k)

It's an insanely nice car for the low to mid 40s, unbeatable.
That's an insane deal. I'm looking at an EV Niro for my wife and I feel like an idiot! I just wish she wanted another kitty but she doesn't, she's too humble.

Registered
That's an insane deal. I'm looking at an EV Niro for my wife and I feel like an idiot! I just wish she wanted another kitty but she doesn't, she's too humble.
Haha, I hear ya. My wife is embarrassed to tell people about the car because when you Google them you see prices $80k plus. I also asked if I could get wrapped in British racing green and she says "It's flashy enough already" :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts