Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
1,022 Posts
I hate to be a wet blanket but ....
Nothing has a absolute value. Everything's value is determined by what the consumers will pay for it. As such, value is a very personal subjective characteristic.

I understand it is human nature to use hyperbole to reinforce one's opinion, but nevertheless this viewpoint seems a little extreme. Used I-Paces in the UK are in high demand so obviously these cars are not "obsolete". The US market is a little different due to the lower demand for EV's, but even so used I-Paces are going at a fair rate from what you see advertised.

The original post asked for a reasonable price for a low mileage car through a private sale. If this car is as described, I would expect $50k+. Which is a great price for an obsolete model.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hate to be a wet blanket but given how the EV world has moved since this car was introduced, I ask sincerely; who would buy a used I-Pace unless it was "fire sale" priced? The charging speed is archaic. The range is pathetic to low (based on price of the vehicle and what is available now). The infotainment system is slow to react. The intangibles that play positively is that is a beautiful car, it's comfortable, it drives nicely and handles well. However, in my opinion, save $10-15k and buy a new Mustang, Kia, Hyundai or pay the extra and get real range and chargeability with a Cadillac Lyriq. The truth is, when I drove my I-Pace off the lot in December of 2020, it was obsolete technologically.
You have valid points but I thought I'd share my thought process when choosing to get mine recently. When I started shopping I had a budget of 60k in mind. The only EVs that interested me were the polestar 2 and the ev6. I loved the performance and interior of the polestar 2 but the interior was far too cramped for my comfort. The ev6 has great tech and looks good but the performance isn't quite what I wanted and the interior felt cheap for nearly 60k. So I started looking at used ipaces and for me it combines the best parts of both. Though I agree the charge speed and infotainment could be better the charging speed and lower efficiency have no effect on my short trips and daily commute and I'm a pretty patient person so the slow infotainment doesn't bother me at all. The i-pace may not be the best EV out there but I feel that despite its flaws I'm glad it's still around to fill the niche in the market that I and others happen to fall into.

Reactions: gixser

·
Registered
45 Posts
Its such a shame that (at the time I was shopping, not sure about now) the ventilated seats only came in one color and were locked behind a $4k upgrade.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My Car is almost 3 years old. Twice this week someone came up to me and told me they really liked how my Jag looked. Puts a smile on my face from comments and driving. It was worth it!
Had the same experience twice yesterday.

Polestar 2 interior is tacky. Sorry. Kitty blows that interior away.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts