Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car was plugged into 220 for traction battery and battery tenders were installed on both the standard lead acid battery and the AGM battery April 11, 2022. Car was dead May 13. Message on dash said main battery fault or traction battery fault. Flat bedded to dealer, diagnosed as main battery failure. New battery ordered. On Sept 17 dealer reported new battery installed but same error message showed up as battery fault. This is the third time our I-Pace has failed to operate upon return from a trip. Main battery was plugged in during the first storage; main battery and lead-acid battery were both connected to power during the second storage period; all three batteries connected to power during the third storage period. Three strikes and your out. I would not recommend an I-Pace to anyone because of the inability of the dealer and factory to correctly diagnose and repair a problem. The factory engineers in the UK working with the local technicians have been unable to get this car back on the road. It's done for us, despite how much we both liked the car when it was working dependably.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Bad luck. I haven't had any problems leaving my car for 2 weeks unplugged. The car is supposed to go into sleep mode or whatever it's called if not used for a few days to preserve the 12 volt batteries as far as I understand. Others have reported 12V battery issues after leaving the car unused for periods of time. I do worry about 12V battery failure which seems to be the Achilles heal of electric cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts