Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have been reading up and it sounds like the main differences I have found in reviews is that the 2020 has updated, less glitchy software. Also it sounds like the software update increased the range somewhat?

Is it proper to assume that at this point, a 2019 from a dealer would have the same, updated software that 2020s have? Should I expect their info systems to work exactly the same and the range to be the same?

Are there any other meaningful difference that I have overlooked?

Thanks.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have a 2020 (second year of production). As far as I know there were no significant changes to the hardware. The software updates for 2019 should be same for 2020. Some of early 2020s and 2019 had an issue with short wiring harness which could cause a lot errors leading to the car not working. This was addressed in later 2020 models.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
167 Posts
Every indication is that there is an impressive lack of hardare changes or build quality improvements between 2019 and 2020. Yes, the 2020's come with newer versions of software, many of which are easily updated. Some modules such as the battery management software are hard to get updated from a dealer unless you have a specific complaint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts