Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace SE black
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New owner and loving the car so far. I have a service related question hopefully someone can answer as the dealer seems clueless. I bought my ‘19 plate SE in December 2020 with 8300 miles. It was registered July 2019. It was showing 3000 miles until 1st service due when I bought it. Now, at 9400 miles, it is telling me to book my service. Wattcat still shows 1970 miles until the service is due. What I don’t get is why is it due now and not at 21,000 miles or 2 years old? Has anyone had a similar issue?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was told by service advisor that the first service is due 2 years after purchase. Sometimes the dealer forgets to reset the service reminder when they sell it. When this happens the reminder will go off 2 years after it was built.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. That does make sense, except my car is only 18 months old?

·
Registered
63 Posts
My guess is that Jaguar finished you car in January of 2019 and the original dealer did not reset the service interval after they sold it to the previous owner.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had the same "issue". I bought mine in July 2019, and the car had almost 3000km at that time. The dealer asked my to take an appointment for the first service in Dec 2020, 17 months after I bought it, and the car had only 16000km at that time, so it was neither 2 years nor 24000km. I guess the counter started with the first owner. The funny thing is that the remaining distance before service seems to be a blend of time and distance, but only show distance. In the previous weeks before service, the distance before service decreased by 600km every 2 days, even if I was only driving a 20 km a day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My guess is that Jaguar finished you car in January of 2019 and the original dealer did not reset the service interval after they sold it to the previous owner.
I see. A bit annoying though as it feels like I’ve missed 10000 miles. Guess I’d best get booked in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same "issue". I bought mine in July 2019, and the car had almost 3000km at that time. The dealer asked my to take an appointment for the first service in Dec 2020, 17 months after I bought it, and the car had only 16000km at that time, so it was neither 2 years nor 24000km. I guess the counter started with the first owner. The funny thing is that the remaining distance before service seems to be a blend of time and distance, but only show distance. In the previous weeks before service, the distance before service decreased by 600km every 2 days, even if I was only driving a 20 km a day.
Does seem a little ‘unique’ on the countdown. Previous cars have given a date and/or mileage, whichever comes sooner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts