Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charged up to 81% last night. (214 miles)
Went to top off next day...
Charge initiated and started, but it paused after 1 minute.:frown2:
Tried 2 more times with same stopped after 1 minute.:surprise:

This is the first weird charging problem I have seen.:crying:

Finally I decided to take the car out for a spin.
Pulled into garage, and initiated charge with no problems.:smile2:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I’m currently experiencing the same problems with my ChargePoint scheduled charges. Starts charging at the appointed time, but stops after a minute. Unlocking and locking the I-Pace after charging stops, restarts charging, and charging stops as scheduled. Never had this occur before.

·
Registered
2019 HSE
28 Posts
I’m currently experiencing the same problems with my ChargePoint scheduled charges. Starts charging at the appointed time, but stops after a minute. Unlocking and locking the I-Pace after charging stops, restarts charging, and charging stops as scheduled. Never had this occur before.
Please contact ChargePoint level 2 Support in Arizona at 877.850.4562 and ask for David or Greg. I have had the same issue for 3 months now and they have no solution yet. I’m trying to get them to escalate this to JLR but it seems that there are too few of us having this problem. (And the JLR battery software update that came out early this year made no difference in this.)

Mine worked the first couple of times, then stopped for good. I now need to “trick” the car as described in other threads: essentially going through all the steps for a preconditioned departure later the next day, setting on the car a preferred charge start time that matches my low-cost time of use power, setting the ChargePoint to be “on” when I plug it in, then using the ChargePoint timer to end the charge when I want it to end. Nothing else works.

The strange thing is that at least two home ChargePoint users on this thread simply plug theirs in, set the timed charge, and it works. Reminds me of Microsoft windows on PCs in the early years. Have long since switched to the Apple ecosystem and would do so here if the car was not such an absolute blast to drive!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts