Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah, interesting. The original poster also later responds: "Hi, no I have not had H264 done, I have decided to wait till January when the new charge mod will be available." So, perhaps the fast-charging update is just another month out.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Seems to be a SOTA roll out coming to the UK first. 19C?

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2923&p=40443#p40443
I'm not sure this is UK first as it is showing up in Topix for North America

2019.0 I-PACE (X590), 415-01
IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) - SOFTWARE VERSION: S19C_19.46.4-458817, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: LK72-19C204-BB (G2445044)
INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 19C
Software Release Date: 2019-12-04

Fixed issues:
PHONE
  • Audio will no longer be lost during a call.
  • Improved connectivity to devices using USB.
  • Bluetooth® phone will no longer unexpectedly unpair during a call.
(F-TYPES WITH AN 8" SCREEN IN THE USA ONLY)
INCONTROL APPS

iPhones will now connect correctly when using InControl Apps.
SPEECH
  • When requesting a track list from an iOS device using speech the track list will now display all the tracks every time.
  • When American English is selected for speech guidance it will now be American not British English.
  • General improvements for Speech recognition and usability.
  • General improvements for speech integration with navigation.
BLUETOOTH®
  • The music will no longer unexpectedly stop when playing an iOS device over Bluetooth®.
(F-TYPE ONLY)
SCREEN SAVER

• The screen saver will now display correctly without a white patch.
ECO DATA
  • Improved stability of Trip Eco data.
CLIMATE SCREEN
  • When switching from light theme to dark the Front/Rear toggle button will no longer sometimes disappear.
REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT
  • Improved stability at start up
(CHINA ONLY)
NAVIGATION

• Voice guidance issue now fixed
(NEW EVOQUE, E-PACE AND DISCOVERY SPORT ONLY)
  • 4X4I
  • 2WD/4WD and Torque Distribution will now be displayed correctly.
However there is a reported post install bug for TOPIx users:
ISSUE:
TOPIx does not display the latest SOTA status correctly after a successful update to 19C.
The status shows as ready even though the installed and latest versions are same

I'm on 19B, so I'll see if I can get a response about an update when I'm back at my car.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure this is UK first as it is showing up in Topix for North America

2019.0 I-PACE (X590), 415-01
IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) - SOFTWARE VERSION: S19C_19.46.4-458817, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: LK72-19C204-BB (G2445044)
INCONTROL© TOUCH PRO 19C
Software Release Date: 2019-12-04

Fixed issues:
PHONE
  • Audio will no longer be lost during a call.
  • Improved connectivity to devices using USB.
  • Bluetooth® phone will no longer unexpectedly unpair during a call.
(F-TYPES WITH AN 8" SCREEN IN THE USA ONLY)
INCONTROL APPS

iPhones will now connect correctly when using InControl Apps.
SPEECH
  • When requesting a track list from an iOS device using speech the track list will now display all the tracks every time.
  • When American English is selected for speech guidance it will now be American not British English.
  • General improvements for Speech recognition and usability.
  • General improvements for speech integration with navigation.
BLUETOOTH®
  • The music will no longer unexpectedly stop when playing an iOS device over Bluetooth®.
(F-TYPE ONLY)
SCREEN SAVER

• The screen saver will now display correctly without a white patch.
ECO DATA
  • Improved stability of Trip Eco data.
CLIMATE SCREEN
  • When switching from light theme to dark the Front/Rear toggle button will no longer sometimes disappear.
REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT
  • Improved stability at start up
(CHINA ONLY)
NAVIGATION

• Voice guidance issue now fixed
(NEW EVOQUE, E-PACE AND DISCOVERY SPORT ONLY)
  • 4X4I
  • 2WD/4WD and Torque Distribution will now be displayed correctly.
However there is a reported post install bug for TOPIx users:
ISSUE:
TOPIx does not display the latest SOTA status correctly after a successful update to 19C.
The status shows as ready even though the installed and latest versions are same

I'm on 19B, so I'll see if I can get a response about an update when I'm back at my car.

Just saw this on My Topix

SOTA (Software Over The Air) NOTICE:
ISSUE: TOPIx does not display the latest SOTA status correctly after a successful update to 19C. The status shows as ready even though the installed and latest versions are same. CAUSE: The ‘InControl Touch Pro’ software version format has been changed. As a result, there is a difference between the version loaded to the vehicle and the expected latest version. ACTION: After a successful SOTA update to the ‘InControl Touch Pro’ system, complete the actions below: 1. On the vehicle’s Touchscreen, navigate to ‘Settings’. 2. Select ‘All Settings’. 3. Select ‘Software Update’ 4. Confirm that the version is ‘19C_19.46.4-458817’ If the displayed version is ‘19C_19.46.4-458817’’ no further action is necessary.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I just checked the software update in the car and got the no updates to install message. So it looks like 19C is not on the North America servers yet. :-(

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've had the 19C SOTA released to my car by my favorite service advisor. I-Pace is updating now.
It seems SOTA still requires some dealer 'authorization'. I'm on 19_B, which I updated from 19_A via SOTA a month ago, and still on Telematics 16.2, but I could not update to 19_C. Time to let the dealer update everything, I guess...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had my 2917 Fpace updated from 19b to 19c. Picked up today. Ipace is in for service getting updated to 19c

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just Heard From Service Advisor

I had been bugging my dealer for several days now.
Just had a call from the service advisor. (Very nice of Galpin to call me back btw.)

He tells me I am authorized for SOTA. They had checked the system for the update on my car yesterday and it did not show as pending, but that this morning it popped up. He thinks they roll them out over time (perhaps by VIN). He told me to check the Software Update page on the Infotainment system to see if it is there and that if it doesn't pop up in a couple of days to call him.

That sounds reasonable to me. Not that I want to wait.

·
Registered
52 Posts
19C is a pretty minor update so I wouldn't worry to much about it. JLR is ramping up their SOTA capabilities moving forward but I was told today that many components do simply not have the hardware required for them to be updatable over the air. This will be improved on future models but it seems TCU, InControl, BECM and the BCCM is what we will get updates for wirelessly moving forward. In fairness, those are the most important modules so it's great that they will be able to get updates without a visit to the dealer. From my understanding the IPC is not part of that list though with is a bit annoying.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Car at dealership for last 2 days--just picked it up after numerous campaigns, programs, updates, etc. Apparently I have H223, H228, & 19C...but they couldn't find H264 as available

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't think H264 is out in the US yet. Someone correct me if I am wrong? I'm still not sure why I get no SOTA's.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was on 19A and had been told that I was OTA ready....never got any updates!
Something tells me that, while infotainment updates going forward will be OTA, H264 will be dealership only. Wiser and no doubt better informed folks skulking here will let us know!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Downloading 19C Right Now! So yes it it is SOTA & yes available in the USA. I have downloaded the whole file and it is installing now. If I can figure out how, I will take pictures when complete.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Car at dealership for last 2 days--just picked it up after numerous campaigns, programs, updates, etc. Apparently I have H223, H228, & 19C...but they couldn't find H264 as available
Mine's there right now, getting the same updates - and I was told the same thing. While my service coordinator has seen the press release, their techs do not have the software released to install.

P.S. they did all the other updates in one day, however - but I can't pick it up for 4 more days anyway. So, if it gets released before then ... maybe ... ?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I don't think H264 is out in the US yet. Someone correct me if I am wrong? I'm still not sure why I get no SOTA's.
If you are on an infotainment system prior to S19B, the dealer needs to turn on SOTA for you and then you will need to make sure you have turned on the settings in the car.
If you are on Infotatinment system S19B, then SOTA for infotainment is automatically enabled without requiring dealer. You do have to wait until your VIN number group gets the SOTA. Jaguar is currently throttling the number of updates that can be done at a time. In my case for S19B, I had to contact the dealer to set SOTA and then it picked up the next day. I still brought my car in about a week after to get the remaining campaigns done and they updated everything including telematics to 18.2.

I have my car scheduled for H264 Next week, but as others have posted, it was announced in North America, but has not been released to the dealers just yet. I hope it is released to meet my next appt.

Anyway, call your service dept and have them check the SOTA enabled flag if you are pre- S19B.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is having the car at the dealer for over 1 day just to get the updates done the norm? I asked for camera module update and they said yep, bring in the morning pick up next day in the afternoon!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Is having the car at the dealer for over 1 day just to get the updates done the norm? I asked for camera module update and they said yep, bring in the morning pick up next day in the afternoon!
Hi toni - It seems most of the dealers have one I-Pace technician that also works on other cars. They may want to do the work, then charge the vehicle and do some testing. The update itself is likely less than an hour. They also schedule the free car wash and stuff. Anyway, you can ask them why they need what is effectively 2 days and see what they say.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I just checked for updates and my car (2020 HSE) did NOT yet show an update to its S_19B software. Interestingly, though, this was the very first time it remembered my WiFi password! (maybe a S_19B fix?)

1 - 20 of 103 Posts