Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be interesting or nothing.
Apparently, they have been failing when flashing an update to the BECM (Battery controller). It had been failing due to incorrect handshaking by Pathfinder.
Pathfinder is the JLR software for flashing their cars. They just fixed the BECM issue so battery controllers can accept a new flash.

This could be for the jump to 100kW+ charging. Or it could be for some other fix that requires a reflash. Or it could just be for flashing a new BECM replacement part.

Stay tuned...

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
This might be interesting or nothing.
Apparently, they have been failing when flashing an update to the BECM (Battery controller). It had been failing due to incorrect handshaking by Pathfinder.
Pathfinder is the JLR software for flashing their cars. They just fixed the BECM issue so battery controllers can accept a new flash.

This could be for the jump to 100kW+ charging. Or it could be for some other fix that requires a reflash. Or it could just be for flashing a new BECM replacement part.

Stay tuned...
Any idea if this update is OTA or not?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea if this update is OTA or not?
No idea. I'd love it if it were OTA, but I'm not holding my breath. Pathfinder is used at the dealer, and the update was just announced today.
There was no mention of a new BECM flash, but I don't think TOPIx lists them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just want to offer big props to McRat, Chewy (UK forum) and many many others for making these civil and productive forums. I'm still in the hunt (as the Koreans can't ship Plan B, etc., etc.). Continued best to all in enjoying their cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts