Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe these are the first 150 kW DC Fast Chargers here in Southern California. It's located at Del Amo Fashion Center in Torrance, CA. I tried charging tonight, but was only able to connect at a rate of 72 kW probably because I still have around 51% charge on my battery.

BTW, there is no signage anywhere that states these parking spaces are only for EV cars. So a lot of ICE-holes are parked next to the chargers. LOL, the Prius Prime is pretending to charge at a CCS station.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
I run into cars parked in charging spots not charging all the time and it's pretty frustrating. Alot of times it's Tesla's. Not only for EA charging sorts but I did talk to someone about it at EA and they said they were aware of this problem and evaluating some solutions.

Do you have the h228 update on your car? Thought I read somewhere that 100kW fast DC was to be enabled with that update.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run into cars parked in charging spots not charging all the time and it's pretty frustrating. Alot of times it's Tesla's. Not only for EA charging sorts but I did talk to someone about it at EA and they said they were aware of this problem and evaluating some solutions.

Do you have the h228 update on your car? Thought I read somewhere that 100kW fast DC was to be enabled with that update.
I do have the H228 update. But remember this charging curve from FastNed which is capable of 175 kW? The charge rate drops to around mid 70 kW after 50% state of charge.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts