Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered my I-Pace in June 2018, IIRC. I took delivery in November 2018. It is Photon Red First Edition with 20" wheels.

I tend to drive a car harder than many folk do. I've taken the I-Pace to the dragstrip, and autocrossed it. I floor it every day. It will go past the advertised 124mph, about 127-128mph, and the speedo reads shy, not optimistic. No serious offroad, just light snow in the mountains, and driving up curbs and across dirt fields. I've DCFC charged it about two dozen times.

Still fun to drive, still puts a smile on my face. Still gets looks, complements, questions, and folk wanting discuss EVs in general. At least 3-4 times each week.
Paint is still great, no chips.
No squeaks, leaks, or panel alignment issues.
Interior is still in excellent shape, nothing has broken or loosened.
Tires are about 50%, time to rotate them.
Range is about 200 miles when Driven Like A Jaguar. It has never been a problem even once. I've taken a 1,600 mile roundtrip through the southwestern US deserts, covering California, Nevada, Arizona, and Utah. Charging was not a serious issue, but WHY DON'T EV CHARGING STATIONS HAVE ROOFS FOR RAIN???? EVgo is the only one I've seen so far.

Problems:
It went in for an A/C leak. They fixed it.
It went in for a reflash, which had little effect except it stopped the Black Screen issue.

Tips:
To enhance rear visibility, remove the L and R side rear headrests and store them. Easy to do, and makes a big difference. Or just leave the rear seats down.

My opinion? This is my favorite car so far for urban duties. I have faster, I have larger, I have smaller cars. Cars with more and less amenities. But the Jaguar fits me and my lifestyle like a glove.

Attachments

Registered
Did you have the jaguar outline on your rear quarter panel applied or was it OEM, because of your early purchase? Looks great, and is probably the reason you get a lot of interest in your I-Pace. 馃憤

Registered
I 2nd the OP's evaluation with my I-Pace at similar mileage. The only issues I'm having now after the latest s/w update (finally SOTA) are Bluetooth iPhone getting kicked off Bluetooth or freezing while on (but it's kicked off and doesn't work on Bluetooth). In fact, I sold my 700HP/TQ full-bolt-on e85 2012 Nissan GT-R since I rarely drove and it sat in the garage with a battery trickle charger on it it while I've been enjoying my I-Pace everyday. :D

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Did you have the jaguar outline on your rear quarter panel applied or was it OEM, because of your early purchase? Looks great, and is probably the reason you get a lot of interest in your I-Pace. 锟斤拷
I ordered the stickers off Ebay and applied them. There is similar art on the eTrophy Racing I-Paces, but Jaguar doesn't know who makes the art, or at least I cannot find out. I think it should be a factory option.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Does the neon blue dinosaur always charge your car, or was that a one-time thing? That might be the reason you get a lot of interest in your I-Pace. ;)
I normally use a Garden Troll for our vacation mascot. But I saw Dino in the gift shop at the Baker, California EVgo DCFC, and he seemed to be appropriate. >:)

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I 2nd the OP's evaluation with my I-Pace at similar mileage. The only issues I'm having now after the latest s/w update (finally SOTA) are Bluetooth iPhone getting kicked off Bluetooth or freezing while on (but it's kicked off and doesn't work on Bluetooth). In fact, I sold my 700HP/TQ full-bolt-on e85 2012 Nissan GT-R since I rarely drove and it sat in the garage with a battery trickle charger on it it while I've been enjoying my I-Pace everyday. :D
I had to delete my profile, delete the Bluetooth hooks on the Jag, then delete BT Jaguar from the phone. Then I 'remarried' it and started a fresh profile. Before that I was having BT issues with an i-Phone 10 after both a car reflash and phone iOS update. So far so good. I had also married an Android before, and I don't know if it was getting confused, or it was Jaguar BT or the Apple BT.

Registered
I'm 2,500 miles behind the OP's mileage, but my 12.5k miles are split over 3 brand new I-Paces: my original 2019 FE (5k mi), the loaner 2019 FE (3k mi) I drove for 6 weeks while JLR corporate waffled on whether they would change out my heated windshield for a non-heated one, and then finally the 2020 HSE (4500 mi) I took delivery of 10 weeks ago. All were nearly identical vehicles (my HSE is essentially the FE minus the heated windshield).

Favorites: 1. Best handling and performing car I've owned, including 6 Mercedes, 3 BMWs, 2 Corvette and Z28.
2. Don't miss gas stations at all, or the noise, or the fumes, or even gear shifts (still have stick BMW M-series for that)
3. Pleasantly surprised by minimal impact "finding a charge" has really been on moderate in-state travel outside of 1-charge range
4. Even with all known competitors now on market, no regrets: best combination of exterior style, interior luxury, performance and range

Drawbacks: 1. Touch screens lag. I knew that long before purchase and it only bugs me on rare occasion.
2. Idiosynchratic GDO signal: some days I zig and zag 2-3 times in/out of garage to get the danm Homelink signal to work!
3. Not 'truly' independent climate controls... only 1 fan speed for all 4 'zones': temperatures can differ, but not fan speeds :-(
4. "Autopilot" hasn't really given me confidence of its lane-keeping abilities... useful/helpful, but can 'get lane lost' without notice

Problems: None to speak of, really. I can recall a time or two the rear camera didn't come on without a repeat press of "R", a blank lower screen (media/climate) for a brief period once or twice, and a handful of 'lane loss' situations on cruise control with driver assist. However, none of the 3 cars I drove over the past 10 months experienced any serious problems. I'm confident of 190 mi range at 75+mph on highway (Eco mode) and 220-240 mi range in city (<50mph) driving. The Range Meter is a bit liberal, but I just keep an eye on the "tank gauge" and figure on 50 mi per quarter tank. Punching it at lights (or especially freeway on-ramps) is still great fun!

Super Moderator
6600 miles since handover in late January. The last 200 miles were put on by the service foreman who drove it home twice to help diagnose the bad battery. Haha.

Most awesome car overall. I really do miss it. Agree with most everything everybody is saying here. Amazing car. It's the only thing that gives me patience in this ridiculously slow warranty process.

Registered
6200 miles in just over 9 months in my FE. No major issues, other than the BSD, which was fixed with S19A update. My city/freeway range is probably the opposite from everyone else, because I get better efficiency on the highway (70 mph +) than I do in hilly SF (also the city trips tend to be short, under 5 miles). Average miles per % charge is around 1.9 on high regen. Can easily make it up to Napa wine country and back without charging. If needed, the city of Yountville has essentially free Level 2 charging. I drive almost exclusively in comfort/normal mode. Never used low mode (no range anxiety). Extremely fun versatile car to drive, but have not pushed it to its limits like McRat has.

I recently tried lowering the passenger side鈥檚 climate fan speed, only to have the entire system fall out of auto climate mode. I though this was a software glitch, but thanks to dtgsrq for pointing this out.

Registered
6600 miles since handover in late January. The last 200 miles were put on by the service foreman who drove it home twice to help diagnose the bad battery. Haha.

Most awesome car overall. I really do miss it. Agree with most everything everybody is saying here. Amazing car. It's the only thing that gives me patience in this ridiculously slow warranty process.
No word on an ETA? That sucks.

Registered
I'm up to 9000 miles on mine in 8 months. I have no regrets. It has some quirks, but I still think it's the best car available today.

My only problems have been blank screens for 7 days once and a flickering tail light that has persisted beyond replacement.

Registered
Over 12,500 miles since January and still loving it. Zero buyer's remorse here. Have had no issues except for minor quibbles which I knew about before purchasing like slow Infotainment (which has improved some since the 19B update and doesn't bother me too much since I mostly use AA), laggy reverse camera, slower DCFC speeds (I use L2 charging at home and work 95% of the time. I did use DCFC twice this summer for beach trips and the speeds were sufficient to top up the car while I had a 30 min break), etc. In almost ten months of ownership I have experienced blank screens twice and "traction battery fault" warning once, all of which self-resolved (former after 10-15 seconds, latter after parking and restarting the car). I consistently get 200 miles in DC winters and 230-240 miles otherwise (split of 40% city and 60% highway driving and occasional flooring of the accelerator). The car is still tight as drum with no squeaks or rattles. Still brings a smile to my face every time I walk up to it :grin2: It's just gorgeous to look at inside and out and fabulous to drive. I keep meaning to write a longer review with tips for new users but laziness...

Registered
I took delivery of my HSE (with all the options, 20 inch wheels) exactly six months ago. I have driven it 8,000+ kms or over 5,000 miles. I have had zero problems save for a passenger door latch that was quickly fixed under warranty. No black screens, no problems with cameras, don't care that things are sometimes a bit laggy.

The car has twice sat for long periods (10 days in June and the whole month of September while I travelled overseas) with no loss of charge at all. Range in the temperate weather we've been having in Ontario since April has been about 400 kms or 250 miles. I usually charge to 80% unless I'm anticipating a long trip. I have only once let the SOC get below 10% (6%, yesterday!) and usually precondition.

I too have had a procession of high-end cars but none have matched the combination of ride and handling like the Jag. I am truly delighted with the car and my only trepidation comes from wondering how it will perform in a Canadian winter! Stay tuned!

Registered
I took delivery of my HSE (with all the options, 20 inch wheels) exactly six months ago. I have driven it 8,000+ kms or over 5,000 miles. I have had zero problems save for a passenger door latch that was quickly fixed under warranty. No black screens, no problems with cameras, don't care that things are sometimes a bit laggy.

The car has twice sat for long periods (10 days in June and the whole month of September while I travelled overseas) with no loss of charge at all. Range in the temperate weather we've been having in Ontario since April has been about 400 kms or 250 miles. I usually charge to 80% unless I'm anticipating a long trip. I have only once let the SOC get below 10% (6%, yesterday!) and usually precondition.

I too have had a procession of high-end cars but none have matched the combination of ride and handling like the Jag. I am truly delighted with the car and my only trepidation comes from wondering how it will perform in a Canadian winter! Stay tuned!
So you are getting 400km range? At 100% charge, I get 325km all the time. Are you putting winter tires? It is the law here in Quebec, so I need to make some choices. I have the 20" black rims (sorry, forgot the model#). I am debating getting 18" for the winter.

Registered
You should get the 18'' in the winter. It will compensate somehow for the range loss due to cold weather.

Registered
Love mine

I have about 15K on mine and have had it since last November. No problems and drives sooooo amazing. Favorite car I have ever owned. I鈥檒l probably get another as my next vehicle.

Registered
Yes, I'm typically getting 21.1 kms per kWh. which equates to 400 kms assuming usable battery charge at 84.4 kWh. This is mostly highway but not freeway driving. The posted limit is 80 kms/hr but the de facto speed limit is 100 kms/hr. I usually drive at 98 kms/hr, never had a ticket at that speed.

I'm debating snow tires. I read an article somewhere that said the Jag's low RR Goodyear all-seasons were at least as good as snow tires in cold weather. I rarely drive in snow - the roads here are cleared very quickly. My concern is only pliability of the tire at low temperatures - I don't want to drive on hockey pucks!

So I'm going to wait for our first cold weather (less than 7C) and test the cars braking. I'll let y'all know!

Super Moderator
My concern is only pliability of the tire at low temperatures - I don't want to drive on hockey pucks!
I had the stock Goodyear 20鈥 All Seasons and had no issues with traction/pliability through last winter and we had temps close to 40 degrees below zero Fahrenheit

1 - 20 of 24 Posts