Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're having some abnormally warm temps for this time of the year where I live. It's 62°F outside as I write this, but our fully charged 2019 I-Pace HSE is showing a range of 201 miles. Is this something I should be concerned about? I just took it for about a 4-mile trip and the range did not change at all.

I ordinarily wouldn't be too fussed about it, but I've seen the reports of some I-Paces having range issues.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
There is a software bug in the range estimator. It will lock in a number of ~ 201 miles when it gets confused.
The best way to tell, is to charge to 100%, then do not recharge until you see 50% or less charge remaining, then do the math yourself.

Example: I drive it 128 miles over 4 days combined then look at the Battery Remaining screen. It says 48%. That means you used 52% of your battery. Now divide 128 by .52 = 246 miles.

The easiest is the 50% mark, then you just double your miles.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
681 Posts
My dealer told me when seeing 201 miles at 100% charged or 282 miles at 100% charged is some kind of quasi error code. They said 100% should not be 201 or 282.

Sorry you are seeing this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m wondering if it’s full capacity at 201. I drove about 47 miles today and my ending range was 150.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I’m wondering if it’s full capacity at 201. I drove about 47 miles today and my ending range was 150.
201 is not full capacity. The meter will guess your range based upon your driving habits. As this has been posted in several threads, you should find that 201 is a bug in the software. You can try resetting your range estimator, and then watch it settle into a range that is more in line with how you use the car.

If you want to know the capacity, use the State of Charge, not the guess of available miles. If you drove 47 miles on all freeway at 80+ miles per hour, your range will drop. Similarly if you drive at 45 miles per hour, you'll get great range.

So click on the EV applet in the infotainment system before you start your next journey. Look at the state of charge. Then when you end your journey, you can look at how many miles you went and what % SOC change you had.

You are dealing with the two things listed above - the estimated range and a bug. Try the reset and then see what happens or just refer to the state of charge until you are more comfortable with your car. The SOC is equivalent to your gas tank in a petrol car.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a way to reset the mileage estimator. Press start without foot on the brake pedal. The car would turn on. Press and hold the gas and break pedal as far as they go. Hold for a few seconds. The mileage estimator would reset and you would see 240+ range. After you drive a while it may lock back to 201, make sure you have all software updates applied by the dealer and reset again.

·
Registered
692 Posts
The range prediction sticking at 201 miles with a full charge was a known issue with the 19A software. Do you know what version your car has? The newest software is 20A.

You can reset the system or just drive the car and the range prediction will slowly adjust for your driving style, use of climate control and ambient temperature. I decided to not perform the reset and after a couple of weeks it had adjusted to 235 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts