Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After one year of ownership and driving over 15,300 miles these are my observations of the I-PACE:

With the the H264 update, I think I have a better car now than when I bought it a year ago. My I-PACE is the lowest "S" tier with the Drive Pack, leather seats, configurable dynamics, and ADSR. It had a built date of 11/13/2018, and I took delivery on 1/16/2019. I don't have HUD or power lift-gate or any of those niceties. Not even heated seats (who needs them in SoCal?).

The following campaigns and recall were performed to the car: regenerative brake recall, the front hood latch campaign, the various software updates done at the dealer and over the air, with more recently the H264 and instrument cluster update. The only other repair that was performed to the car was replacement of front air struts because of a known rattling issue.

I have had 3 accident-related repair work to the car. The rear bumper and components were replaced and repaired twice. And the front bumper and right front wheel, including steering gear & linkage, hub & bearing, etc, were replaced and repaired.

The InControl Touch Duo infotainment software still has bugs in it, but I can live with them. The Navigation selection is painfully slow compared to Audi's system. But CarPlay takes care of that.

We frequently drive to San Diego, Palm Springs and Morro Bay so we've figured out where and when to charge when travelling.

My daily commute involves 50 miles of Los Angeles traffic, but the I-PACE makes it enjoyable.

Prior to the I-PACE, I had an Audi A3 e-tron. In fact, my cars in the last 15 years have been Audis. I planned on getting the Audi e-tron as a replacement to that car, but Audi released the car too late for me. I have now test driven the Audi e-tron SUV, and I can honestly say I would still buy the I-PACE over it.

I have never had the experience of a car buyback and it's unfortunate to hear the stories of owners here in the forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
950 Posts
Yeah, the car buyback stories are disheartening. We've had the car a little longer than you, like 3 weeks longer. It's had a host of updates, and some repairs from a break-in. The only real issue we're having is a rattle behind the backseat that's hard to track down. Thought it was a coin. No luck. Fantastic car.

·
Registered
140 Posts
1 year and 8K miles. No issues other than the initial blank screen of death on the infotainment screen. Have done all updates, except H264, but will soon. One minor repair to the front grill surround from love tapping a Lexus. Thoroughly enjoy the car, which is also my daily driver,

·
Registered
558 Posts
One year and 16,000 miles for me. No issues great enough to go back to the dealer. I expect to get all updates and recalls resolved at first regular service in Summer.

Only thing that REALLY bugs me is the charging system design and related timers etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
FE 1 yr old on 1/31/19 with 8400 miles. Build #2328 in July 2018. My first issue was to replace the charge port (most likely my error) so do not hold that against JLR. In fact I might have been responsible for the H221 campaign to install a new charge port label. I have had my right headlamp replaced due to a leaking seal and condensation forming inside lens. I also believe that my GOM has been more accurate since I took delivery than many in this forum. However, I did have the same problem of the stuck 201 mi 100% charge following H228. It took 1300 miles of driving and 60 days for it to return to the accuracy I had before that campaign. I, like many others, enjoy driving the I-Pace since I feel more connected to this car than any other I have owned. I feel for all those who have had a bad experience with their I-Pace, but for the record my experience has been great.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
266 Posts
Just over 1 year and 7200 miles (because of a 1600 mile round trip to AZ for Christmas). I love the car, and it’s actually gotten my wife and I into a habit of going for a drive to wine country on Sundays. My only major complaints are the charging being less than we were promised (honestly charging envy for the e-Tron) and the nav system not being able to use addresses from contacts via Bluetooth.

That’s not to say there aren’t ways to make the car considerably better. If all the majors had cross-licensing deals, it would be awesome to see the i-Pace get JLR’s ClearSight Rear View and Ground View, the Taycan battery / inverter / charging system, VW’s defroster windshield (no microwires!), Cadillac’s Super Cruise, Lincoln’s Perfect Position Seats, Nissan’s new sound deadening material for the flooring / wheel wells, and Tesla’s new roof glass (the last two to make the car even quieter than the e-Tron).

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
10 months, 8K miles, Dec 2018 build. Besides firmware updates and campaigns have had absolutely no issues or problems, rattle free, and as said above the car is now better than when I got it. In fact I love driving this car. To be honest the I Pace is more fun to drive than a Porsche Taycan Turbo S. The Taycan is a beast, faster, sportier, more etc etc, but the Jaguar is more fun. And honestly much prettier outside and just as nice if not nicer inside.

Go figure.

·
Registered
67 Posts
After one year of ownership and driving over 15,300 miles these are my observations of the I-PACE:
Your story is a lot like mine, up to and including the exact recall work and H264 update (mine is scheduled for mid-February) and a collision. Someone behind me in a long stopped line of cars decided to roll his license plate into the back and scratch the bumpers. Repair bill: $2,560. Waiting for the OEM parts to come in from Jaguar.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Got my 2020 HSE in June. 6000 miles. Only issue was a malfunctioning sound system (no interior sound but the exterior warning sound for pedestrians was stuck on and loud). Dealership replaced infotainment control system, fixed the problem immediately, only 2 days in shop.
Absolutely love the car and 100% would buy again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We have 2 I Paces. Our first one (2019 HSE) is almost to 13,000 miles with no meaningful problems. The second one is an early build HSE now with 5,600 miles and no meaningful problems. The second one is in the shop right now getting the H264 update, and I'm driving an XE loaner...never going back to a regular ICE car! Blah! Our local power company (Mid American Energy) is building fast chargers across the state of Iowa in 2020...going to make our experience even better.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My I-Pace HSE is an early 2019 build and I took delivery last March. I haven't had any of the H2xx updates performed yet because I've been too lazy to take the car to the dealer, but I have all the SOTA updates to the infotainment system. No problems at all...not even initial black screens...in almost 7,000 miles of driving. I've taken the car from the SF south bay as far as Sacramento, Napa and Carmel and had no range issues. Charged at DC chargers up to about 60kW without a problem. I normally charge at home 1-2 times per week and drive my 25 mi round trip commute every day. I almost took the car to Tahoe last month before deciding to take my wife's Cayenne instead. All I could think of while driving the 5+ hours in the Porsche was how much I missed my I-Pace. As you can probably tell, I love my I-Pace and really feel sorry for those of you who have had serious enough problems to give up on the car.

I'll be doing the updates soon and from what I read the car will be even better then.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I crossed 16,000 I-Pace miles this month after a year of ownership. However my mileage is allocated 5,000 to my (initial) 2019 FE, 2,600 to a loaner I drove for 6 weeks, and 8,400 on my (replacement) 2020 HSE delivered in late July (crazy as it sounds, the only way to replace the heated windshield in the FE that drove me (and my wife) crazy was a trade-in). So while I haven't put 16k miles on just one car, I've essentially "taken delivery" of 3 new I-Paces (the loaner was the dealer GM's 2019 FE with only a few hundred miles when I got it while JLR tried to figure out how to swap out my windshield, which they ultimately decided they didn't want to do... long story documented elsewhere in this forum.)

Pleased to report the only issue I've had was the right rear mudflap on my 2020 HSE worked loose and was damaged by rubbing against the tire. Easy replacement. No 'black screen of death', traction fault, battery issues or anything on any of the 3 vehicles. While I feel for those who've experienced these problems, I'm with #sciencegeek - if mine "died" I'd get another without a second thought. Most enjoyable car I've owned, among Mercedes ML, GL, S, SLK, and several BMWs (1, 2, and 3-series convertibles). Much of that attributable to the "EV effect", but that's why most of us bought this car, right? Never even considered a Jag before the I-Pace came along.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
266 Posts
Never even considered a Jag before the I-Pace came along.
Back in the late '90s - early '00s, I was drooling over the XKS. I couldn't call it a serious consideration since I was still in college in the '90s, and most new grads generally couldn't afford a car like that. But I really did want want.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Back in the late '90s - early '00s, I was drooling over the XKS. I couldn't call it a serious consideration since I was still in college in the '90s, and most new grads generally couldn't afford a car like that. But I really did want want.
I had a big thing for the XKEs, and was thrilled to get a chance to drive one in Denver in the '70s. (It might have been a different model, because it had a very extended hood, but otherwise the same lines. I think it was the 12 cylinder engine model, if that was not an XKE per se. (!!! 12 cylinders??? LOL, what a complete difference to this EV, right?).

Anyway, off and on over time, some Jags really appealed to me (although many didn't). Several of the more recent models caught my eye. But I was never in the market for any until this one, and my interest was sight unseen, just from the early specs I was seeing.

About 11 months with this one now, VERY little driving except for one 500 mile road trip (with charging at EA sites), about 2,300 miles in total, and I am a happy owner. I'm still working on little things that I prefer, like trying the 'engine' sound effect (again) and finding that I like it a lot. I'm still on my first full charge after the H264 update, and looking for what differences I notice (not so much at this point, but...).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Coming up for one year in our 2020 blue. It's in the dealer for the 264 update today. Love the car. No issues on mileage because it's mainly used for 100 mile round trips. Curiously the rubber cover for the foot brake has come off twice and yesterday while walking past from the back to the front in the garage when I lightly bumped the back door handle with my hand and the trim fell off (!) it will need to be replaced. We have a Tesla Powerwall 2x (fantastic) so part of our charging is from our solar.
Has anyone solved the 'do not use car wash issue'?

·
Registered
19 Posts
14 months of awesomeness

I’ve had mine for 14 months and could not love the car more. No issues and still think it’s the best car I have ever owned. I will buy another when making my next car purchase.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
Coming up for one year in our 2020 blue. It's in the dealer for the 264 update today. Love the car. No issues on mileage because it's mainly used for 100 mile round trips. Curiously the rubber cover for the foot brake has come off twice and yesterday while walking past from the back to the front in the garage when I lightly bumped the back door handle with my hand and the trim fell off (!) it will need to be replaced. We have a Tesla Powerwall 2x (fantastic) so part of our charging is from our solar.
Has anyone solved the 'do not use car wash issue'?
There have been a few others on here that lost the door handle covers. There were also several folks (me included) that had small cracks on the underside of them. They replaced mine under warranty.

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘solving the do not use a car wash issue’. Even the dealer has a car wash onsite that they use for all their cars. I ran mine through the car wash several times per month and never had a problem.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts