Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Do you prefer a modern 1 dial layout or traditional 2 dial layout?

• 1 dial layout

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • 2 dial layout

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first week or so of ownership, I have had the main instrument cluster set to a traditional layout....2 dials and I have had media in the center between the 2 round dials.

The past day or so, I set the main instrument panel to 1 dial. Left info set to media, right set to just the I-Pace picture.

What do you all like or prefer? 1 dial layout more modern or 2 dial layout more traditional?

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 dials and navigation. Main screen: eco data and news. Bottom screen: Media

I mainly look at the HUD and one dial just to see the power consumption
I wish I had HUD. I had it in 3 BMWs and 2 Rolls, and I really loved it. When looking for an I-Pace, I did not find one car that had HUD. I think for a car as advanced as the I-Pace, it should just be standard!

·
Registered
84 Posts
In my view the 2 dials give no extra information over what you see with the 1 dial, they just take up more space that could be used for non-dial information.

My layout:
Instrument panel 1 dial with trip on left and map on right. Bottom screen media. Main screen varies by situation -- media if I want to know what artist I'm hearing, or CarPlay, or Eco data or cameras when needed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also go with 2 dials, and navigation in between.

I am curious to know what info you put in the bottom right corner . I only found recently that we can change it as well. I was stuck with the 3 set of green bar/score , which I don't find very useful. Now I have set the instant consumption, but I keep changing for average and instant consumption.

·
Registered
769 Posts

I am curious to know what info you put in the bottom right corner . I only found recently that we can change it as well. I was stuck with the 3 set of green bar/score , which I don't find very useful. Now I have set the instant consumption, but I keep changing for average and instant consumption.
I set the bottom tight corner to consumption too.
I always switch it to Eco mode and always need to put it to consumption

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

We can change the info in the bottom right corner? How? Wow. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In my view the 2 dials give no extra information over what you see with the 1 dial, they just take up more space that could be used for non-dial information.

My layout:
Instrument panel 1 dial with trip on left and map on right. Bottom screen media. Main screen varies by situation -- media if I want to know what artist I'm hearing, or CarPlay, or Eco data or cameras when needed.
Bottom screen for media?! You mean the climate screen? I have done what you have and liked it....1 dial, trip on left, map on right...but bottom screen for media, I am confused with.

Also, I found out you can set the map on the main instrument screen to dark or light. Huge difference!

Thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
We can change the info in the bottom right corner? How? Wow. Thanks.
The lighting control stalk on the left of the steering wheel has a button in the middle. Pressing it cycles the trip display on the bottom right of the instrument panel through Trip distance/Average speed/Average economy/Instantaneous economy/Energy regenerated/Driving style.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ideally, I would like one dial with map on one side and driving summary page on the other side, but that is not possible with the I-PACE instrument panel set up.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The option for the second dial doesn't give me the detail that I'd prefer. So I stay with one dial, media and map on the sides. If I had a HUD, I might have tried something different, like driving with a full map display. I didn't add the HUD which for me keeps me with the one dial so that I don't have to turn my head.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Two dials for me with media in the middle. If I'm driving somewhere unfamiliar, I switch the middle panel from media to maps, or even full screen maps if I'm really in a strange place. But when commuting, I don't need maps to tell me where I am and the live traffic conditions aren't usually that correct either.

I find one dial too busy - too much unnecessary information that distracts me from zooming around the slow traffic. I also like the classic look of two dials.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Bottom screen for media?! You mean the climate screen? I have done what you have and liked it....1 dial, trip on left, map on right...but bottom screen for media, I am confused with.

Also, I found out you can set the map on the main instrument screen to dark or light. Huge difference!

Thanks.
Yes, the screen that is usually used for climate below the main screen. At the top of that screen are tabs. The left tab shows the climate settings but I don't need to see them constantly since I haven't changed anything on it after my initial selections. The tab to the right of it is screen settings and somewhere on that tab is a Media option (you may need to swipe left on this screen to see the right thing). Set to Media it shows the current media source and station, but not song title or artist, at least not when using satellite radio. Also from that screen you can choose from the favorites and change the media source.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
264 Posts
This is how I roll.
I love the 2 dial look with the navigation - my choice as well. I see you still need to get rid of the curved SOC gauge?. Have you tried the colored backgrounds on the main info display? I found the reddish brown option a little warmer and more in tune with the wood trim on my FE.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
My 1-Dial setup does not allow trip on the left panel as an option. If I put Map on the right panel, my only options for the left panel are Media or Driver Assistance. Hmmm.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts