Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally when I do not drive my I-Pace for days and days in a row, the SOC% stays the same. The longest I believe was 6 or 7 days without driving or even moving my car, and the battery stayed at 81%.

Over the last 3+ weeks, I am driving my I-Pace almost never :( I did charge a few days ago to 71%, and I noticed this morning it was 70% soc. Last week, the same thing....I did not drive for 4-5 days, and the battery was 2% lower just from sitting.

I drove my car today to the pharmacy, and it started perfectly. No glitches, no black or slow to load screens, no warnings, perfect HVAC, radio, Infotainment, Navi.... Battery % usage seemed perfectly normal (and excellent) for my round trip short-ish drive this morning.

Is this normal for the battery soc % to dip a few percentages whilst sitting? Hope everyone is doing well; staying healthy, sane and happy-ish!!!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
856 Posts
It could be rounding error in display from 71 down to 70. It could have been 70.5 at shut down and 70.4 on start up.
Some loss as the alarm system is active (if locked), Some electronics never sleep (e.g. the clock keeps reasonably close).
Battery temperature change between the shutdown and start.
A little drain just waking it up.

All normal.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Ayepace & MHK. My gut told me Kitty was ok, but wanted to be sure! Appreciate it!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have seen SOC and GOM range fluctuate ever so slightly +/- 1% and/or a few miles while parked. I've even observed SOC go UP overnight (again, by 1%). I simply attributed this to temperature variance and/or rounding error. I've parked at the airport for a week and had no loss to SOC or GOM range. Battery drain has been discussed on this forum at length and general consensus was there isn't really any on the I-Pace under ambient conditions.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
I have seen SOC and GOM range fluctuate ever so slightly +/- 1% and/or a few miles while parked. I've even observed SOC go UP overnight (again, by 1%). I simply attributed this to temperature variance and/or rounding error. I've parked at the airport for a week and had no loss to SOC or GOM range. Battery drain has been discussed on this forum at length and general consensus was there isn't really any on the I-Pace under ambient conditions.
Agree. Mine was left outside for up to 2 weeks, with the temps in the teens (Fahrenheit), with no loss of SOC

·
Super Moderator
2,291 Posts
I don't usually see a loss but every once in a while something slightly strange happens, like SoC going up a little, or going down a bit more over the course of just a couple hours. I personally wouldn't worry about 1 or 2% SoC loss over the course of 4 days. One thing that might be worth trying is to take the center console SIM out. The internet is stressed with all those friggin Zoom calls and maybe the car is unhappy about it, who knows! Oh, also, JLR had some issues lately it seems with some trips not reporting and the web site being down. Maybe it's the car-essential SIM, and there's nothing we can do about it.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It got much colder over the past few days. It went from a comfortable upper 60s, almost 70F to 45F. My battery went from 69% SOC to 65% SOC in less than 2 days parked in the garage. I have never seen more than 1-2% loss. Everything is working perfectly though... app is updating, all remote functions working as they should, no problems at all in the car....just weird with the SOC %.

The last 2 drives, the car's SOC% was excellent too...using actually very little battery (as usual). Will just have to keep monitoring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts