Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our neighbor 2 doors down loves my new I-Pace. He called my selling dealer (Hornburg, Los Angeles) and they told him effective 1/1/20 ALL leases have been stopped on all 2019 and 2020 I-Pace. Options are pay in full or finance :-O

He went to Galpin Jaguar and they confirmed the same thing...NO more leases for I-Pace.

Does anyone have any idea why JLR and Jaguar Financial would do this? What about E Pace, F Pace, XF, XE, F Type, XJ??

If JLR has been worried about sluggish sales, stopping leasing of expensive models is going to severely hinder sales.

I just do not understand this!!! I'm honestly shocked!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Good scoop! Glad i just leased mine at the end of Nov

The Residuals keep falling, could be risk mitigation. I don't think its cash flow related because they sell so few of these to make a dent

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just called my sales guy at Hornburg, and he confirmed JLR and Jaguar Financial have stopped all leases of new, unsold 2019 I-Pace. JLR says they are too old now, so purchase only!

He says 2020 can be leased, but not good terms at all right now :(

This is going to really hurt Jaguar!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I think there's a misunderstanding. What I see is that the I-pace S is the only one with special lease offer.
All others can be leased as far as I can tell. Visit Jaguar Financial Group is auto financing through JP Morgan Chase.

Give them a call if you have questions.

Jaguar Financial Group
Auto Loan Customer Service
1-866-931-3341
(We accept Operator Relay calls)

Auto Lease Customer Service
1-866-931-3327
(We accept Operator Relay calls)

Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
7:30 AM to 11:00 PM ET
Saturday
8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET

Disclosure: I know a lot of people who work there in the IT side not the actual people interfacing with clients.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I just called my sales guy at Hornburg, and he confirmed JLR and Jaguar Financial have stopped all leases of new, unsold 2019 I-Pace. JLR says they are too old now, so purchase only!

He says 2020 can be leased, but not good terms at all right now :(

This is going to really hurt Jaguar!!!

They only sell around 200 a month and this doesn't help.
The more I-Paces that are sold the more they can put into R&D and improvements. I hope the European market keeps up the volume at least

The MF till December was really good, around .48%. The Taycan MF is around 6% with a residual of 36%. Terrible lease!

Tesla got creamed in 2018 with lease returns, they had to eat over $700m in loses due to residuals so I'm sure JLR is playing it safe

·
Registered
68 Posts
The new incentives are Lease a 2020 for $850/month with $6K due at signing. (Based on $70K base model price). Offer good until 1/31/20

Or, 1.9% financing for up to 60 months. Offer good until 03/31/20.

2019s aren't mentioned in the offers at all.

I'm trying to order one, but have been told there is zero allocation available in the US at the moment. Might be forced to wait for the 2021s which wouldnt be so bad, but I wouldn't get any incentives.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The new incentives are Lease a 2020 for $850/month with $6K due at signing. (Based on $70K base model price). Offer good until 1/31/20

Or, 1.9% financing for up to 60 months. Offer good until 03/31/20.

2019s aren't mentioned in the offers at all.

I'm trying to order one, but have been told there is zero allocation available in the US at the moment. Might be forced to wait for the 2021s which wouldnt be so bad, but I wouldn't get any incentives.
Zero allocations for a 2020 I-Pace? It's Jan 2020 :-O A whole year with no allocations? That cannot be right.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They only sell around 200 a month and this doesn't help.
The more I-Paces that are sold the more they can put into R&D and improvements. I hope the European market keeps up the volume at least

The MF till December was really good, around .48%. The Taycan MF is around 6% with a residual of 36%. Terrible lease!

Tesla got creamed in 2018 with lease returns, they had to eat over $700m in loses due to residuals so I'm sure JLR is playing it safe
There are many dealers with new 2019 I-Pace in stock (some quite a few), and if JLR has stopped leasing 2019 models....this is going to kill sales and piss a lot of buyers off. If I could not have leased mine, I would not have paid cash or financed it with a bank or credit union. Dumb, foolish move for JLR! And we wonder why almost no one even knows Jaguar has a better than Tesla Model X electric model for sale? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

·
Registered
951 Posts
The I-Pace sells well outside of the USA. Inside, not so much. They're smart to stop trying to push the US market. Also good for residuals eventually.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
With the number of 19s & 20s sitting on the lots right now with crazy low prices, it doesn’t make sense to order. There has to be something out there that comes pretty darn close to what you want as far as color/options. I would buy one of them unless money is not a concern.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a couple options I must have and there are none in the US. After getting little help from local dealers in searching, I spent half a day looking at every dealer in the US and checking their stock. I could compromise and get an $80k car, and every day wishing it would have this or that, or I could get a $90k car and love everything about it. Plus most of the compromises have been on the lot for a bit....something I don't want to test judging by some experiences.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have a couple options I must have and there are none in the US. After getting little help from local dealers in searching, I spent half a day looking at every dealer in the US and checking their stock. I could compromise and get an $80k car, and every day wishing it would have this or that, or I could get a $90k car and love everything about it. Plus most of the compromises have been on the lot for a bit....something I don't want to test judging by some experiences.
What are you must haves?

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
A guy’s gotta do what a guy’s gotta do. But for me, I would ‘settle’ on getting the $90k car with essentially every available option for $70k or less before ordering the exact ‘perfect’ car and paying full price. Best of luck in whatever decision you make!

·
Registered
68 Posts
What are you must haves?
Wont budge:
Textile interior
Carbon pack

Wants:
Caesium Blue
Carbon interior
HUD
Activity key
22" wheels w/carbon inserts

Don't want:
A boring color
Leather or wood interior
Ugly wheels
Heated windshield

I just missed out on a really reduced 2019 Corris Grey that ticked most of the boxes. The remaining few in the US with Dapple Grey interiors just don't have what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
766 Posts
What are you must haves?
Wont budge:
Textile interior
Carbon pack

Wants:
Caesium Blue
Carbon interior
HUD
Activity key
22" wheels w/carbon inserts

Don't want:
A boring color
Leather or wood interior
Ugly wheels
Heated windshield

I just missed out on a really reduced 2019 Corris Grey that ticked most of the boxes. The remaining few in the US with Dapple Grey interiors just don't have what I'm looking for.
Yeah, that will be hard to find on the carbon pack and textile interior.
Ive only seen the dapple Grey interior with borasco exterior, but not with the CF
Most dealers won't spec it for inventory with CF because of the cost.
The 5069 wheels are stunning and fill in the wheel well gap nicely.

You have good taste. I speced out your car at $88,500 for an S and $92k for HSE. I've never seen an inventory car over $91k

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A guy’s gotta do what a guy’s gotta do. But for me, I would ‘settle’ on getting the $90k car with essentially every available option for $70k or less before ordering the exact ‘perfect’ car and paying full price. Best of luck in whatever decision you make!
1000% me too Dantrium!!!!

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No leather or wood interior?! This is essentially blasphemy for a Jaguar :) If you insist on no leather, you really should get a Tesla. Even their most expensive "Premium Interior" is leather free!

·
Registered
68 Posts
The premium jag interior looks lovely and is made from recycled plastic. It is also a very British tweed with microfiber. The wood just doesn't look good with the grey fabric. The price for the carbon pack is actually pretty cheap compared to some cars. We saw a Range Rover SVR in Velocity Blue with the carbon pack. Looked amazing and it was a $130K vehicle. One of my biggest visual mehs of the I-Pace is the shiny black door panels but they look awesome with the fiber.

I found a car in my searches that had nearly every option except the textile interior. It was $98K MSRP, but dealer price was $88k.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts