Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,427 Posts
Please define "not near by". Where are all fobs relative to the car?

What model year car?

Also, is the car equipped with the hands free release system?

· Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Is the car equipped with the gesture tailgate? Are you walking near the rear corners of the car at the time?

· Registered
30 Posts
I've had my hatch open by itself. This was when charging my car, dragging the cable under the rear bumper set off the gesture opening. It could be something moving under the car, apparently it doesn't need to be a living thing. But I think the fob needs to be near.

If you are inside the store and it opens that is strange indeed. So you come back from shopping and the tailgate is up?

· Registered
1,095 Posts
It happened to me once. Figured I had accidentally pushed the button or some something.

Is this something that happened once or has it been happening repeatedly?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes the car has the gesture tailgate. the hatch has opened in the garage on occasion when I walk behind the car so I know I’m setting it off. Just not sure of the other times. Will pay more attention and keep you updated.
The hatch has only opened 3 times without my being aware.

· Premium Member
2,427 Posts
The most likely cause of the hatch opening when you're not walking past the car is that something in your pocket is pressing the release button on the fob. Look at what else you have in your pocket, how those items fit in your pocket at the same time, and determine if that is a possibility. Try changing pockets or swapping items from one pocket to another to see if that reduces or eliminates the unwanted opening.

· Registered
678 Posts
The only time when it happend to me (maybe 3 times, total in 4 years) was during winter time, sensors were probably packed with snow, and I was passing by the rear of the car, with key fob in my pocket. Never happend when I was far from the car.

· Registered
67 Posts
It has happened to me a number of times, most recently yesterday, I'm pretty sure it is the result of my accidentally hitting the button, though (as I've also locked the car in the garage by accident as well). Looking forward to getting rid of the **** key fobs, which is coming, just not soon enough. Will Your Smartphone Replace Your Car Key? - Consumer Reports

· Registered
30 Posts
Because we don't actually need to press any buttons on the fob under daily use someone should come up with a hard shell sleeve that the fob can sip into to prevent accidental button presses. I'd buy that accessory.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts