Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum (https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/401-electronics/)
-   -   All LED lighting? (https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/401-electronics/985-all-led-lighting.html)

I-Sprint 03-30-2017 01:44 PM

All LED lighting?

Do you think the Jaguar I-Pace will come with full LED lighting throughout the interior and exterior of the vehicle? Naturally you would think that EV's would come with LED everything as they use less power (typically) and provide a much cleaner and brighter light output over halogen bulbs but looking at the EVs of today, that doesn't seem to be the case. Hopefully with Jaguar being a more higher end brand, they'll provide it but I'm not too sure...

What do you guys think?

PinkJaguar 04-01-2017 05:39 PM

I can see the I-Pace getting optional Configurable Interior Mood Lighting like the F-Pace, just in the higher trim levels. Same would apply for the LED headlights and I can't really see Jaguar adding them as a standard feature in the lower trim levels.

Just boiling down to how much you're willing to pay for LED lighting on the inside and outside.

PlaidBeaver 04-04-2017 12:09 PM

Would be pretty cool for Jaguar to offer us a light up front badge, preferably in blue or maybe green to show that it is an electric vehicle.

J.XAU 04-04-2017 04:56 PM

Mercedes did something similar but for them thats a very normal thing, here, we're dealing with a Brit and they typically don't get that sort of attention, instead its going to be more subtle changes. I think most people would be disappointed to see Jaguar go that route except anyone with a Mercedes mentality.

I-Sprint 04-05-2017 11:23 AM

Light up badges are extremely tacky to me and draw more attention than needed to something pretty insignificant. Interior ambient lighting.. I do appreciate that as it adds a nice touch of class if done correctly and I doubt Jaguar would get that wrong.

PlaidBeaver 04-05-2017 11:54 AM

Jaguar already has configurable interior mood lighting for the F-Pace is someone gets the luxury interior package. I assume the same will be offered in the I-Pace, depending on how much power it uses. End of the day, every bit counts to add towards the car's range.

I-Sprint 04-08-2017 07:36 PM

That's another big thing.. Thankfully, my commutes aren't really that long so I'll be able to bask in fully utilizing climate control and mood lighting and all that good stuff without having much to worry about.

J.XAU 04-11-2017 05:06 PM

I just hope they don't do the exact same things since this is a unique product to Jaguar, even some slight variation will go a long way, bonus if it makes the I-Pace feel more EV-like and more Techy

PinkJaguar 04-12-2017 12:04 PM

Wouldn't they have a separate battery for miscellaneous drain like interior mood lighting? I believe that's what the Bolt EV has.

J.XAU 04-16-2017 11:53 PM

They should include that. Lucky for Jaguar, in this immediate segment there's enough tolerance for weight that they can add an extra battery and extra little things that overall add up. Just as long as performance is up there.