Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Automobile compares I-PACE, e-tron & EQC

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Snowflake 
#1 ·
Conclusion:

"At the other end of the spectrum crouches the Jaguar I-Pace. It is the predator, not the prey. True, its ergonomics were defined by aliens, its range and state-of-charge predictions can be hilariously optimistic, the ride is firm even on the skinniest tires, and the fit and finish are not quite up to the high standards of the competition. But in terms of sheer driving pleasure, the I-Pace collects more smiles per mile. It hugs the road with even greater enthusiasm, even permits a trace of power oversteer once the overeager stability control is switched off. It has the quickest and most involving steering along with the most potent brakes by a narrow margin, even though a less indifferent pedal response would be a bonus. It is fastest through the cones, and it also wins the B-road challenge, the roundabout lotto, and the wet handling contest. It feels on boost even before you squeeze the accelerator. It is a slide-carver, radius-plotter, and apex-hugger par excellence—it's no wonder it has its own spec-EV racing series. If nimbleness can be an attribute of a 4,800-pound automobile, the Jaguar embodies it to an astonishing degree. If performance and environmental-friendliness were to find a common denominator, the I-Pace would come very close. It wins by a whisker, on ability and on charm."

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/mercedes-benz-eqc-vs-audi-e-tron-jaguar-i-pace-ev-suv-comparison/

See less See more
#2 ·
Parts of the etron interior are excellent, but then there's all the exposed textured plastic. For 80 large+, I should not have to look at or touch textured plastic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.