Infotainment, voice and navigation self-reset - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Infotainment, voice and navigation self-reset

The infotainment, navigation and voice systems have been discussed ad infinitum and yesterday the bugs struck my car. All media, language, navigation and system settings had booted to factory settings. Worse, after changing the language selection to U S. English on both touch screen and instrument panel the voice command could barely recognize basic terminology and the car went back to U.K. English upon car restart. Voice command is now unusable and very frustrating.

Infotainment software is 18D and my salesman is not sure how to enable the car to update to 19A as the car says there are no available updates.

Navigation alerted me to map updates but following the link leads me to a blank Jaguar NA page. I clicked on Maps and Services link on Route Planner webpage but only the blank screen displayed. I also tried www.jaguar.com/navigation but the site doesn't have the I-PACE as an option to update. No matter how I tried to get Jaguar NA to manage the page was always blank. Help?
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtSprings View Post
The infotainment, navigation and voice systems have been discussed ad infinitum and yesterday the bugs struck my car. All media, language, navigation and system settings had booted to factory settings. Worse, after changing the language selection to U S. English on both touch screen and instrument panel the voice command could barely recognize basic terminology and the car went back to U.K. English upon car restart. Voice command is now unusable and very frustrating.

Infotainment software is 18D and my salesman is not sure how to enable the car to update to 19A as the car says there are no available updates.

Navigation alerted me to map updates but following the link leads me to a blank Jaguar NA page. I clicked on Maps and Services link on Route Planner webpage but only the blank screen displayed. I also tried www.jaguar.com/navigation but the site doesn't have the I-PACE as an option to update. No matter how I tried to get Jaguar NA to manage the page was always blank. Help?
Map updates can be found at: https://www.jaguar.com/incontrol-glo...p-updates.html

Select touch pro duo, then download the installer and then download the update to a USB memory stick.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Dantrium. I'll give it a go. Funny that the owners manual, car navigation and iGuide give an incorrect link.

Anyone else having problems with the nav displaying "unknown road" on streets that have existed for over 15 years?

Last edited by 2761; 05-30-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

I followed the link and selected Touch Pro and Touch Duo. Selection brought me to InControl Route Planner-Home. I selected Maps and Services which brought up a blank page with JaguarNA in the tab. I don't know what setting is off on my computer.

This is the link that will not display: https://jaguarshop.here.com/web/WFS/...on-ProductList. I can't get beyond there.

Last edited by 2761; 05-30-2019 at 04:55 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I followed the link and selected Touch Pro and Touch Duo. Selection brought me to InControl Route Planner-Home. I selected Maps and Services which brought up a blank page with JaguarNA in the tab. I don't know what setting is off on my computer.

This is the link that will not display: https://jaguarshop.here.com/web/WFS/...on-ProductList. I can't get beyond there.
Just to be clear, you selected the “download map updates” link under the touch pro duo picture?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0A643C5C-9A79-4C67-A69A-42AA8F2B5B26_1559250875671.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1791  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 05:19 PM

On a side note I have updated my maps twice successfully and am again seeing the "update map" button, do they REALLY update their maps this often? I have never owned a Jaguar before. BMW sends small updates over the air, not making me update via USB download.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 07:16 PM

I go to jaguar.here.com

Yes, map updates are supposed to come out at the beginning of the month.

I agree that small updates would be more conveniently sent out OTA but maybe some people don't want to spend that on their data plan, or JLR doesn't want all that traffic going through them if sent through Incontrol.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
Quote:

Just to be clear, you selected the “download map updates” link under the touch pro duo picture?
Yep, that's what I selected. Weird, eh? Must be a browser setting that prevents pop ups something. I'll work on it. Thanks again for all your help.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:53 PM

I just tried my usual method using two different browsers. Both came up blank too at the page that is supposed to show the most recent maps/subscriptions. Here.com must be having issues.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayepace View Post
I just tried my usual method using two different browsers. Both came up blank too at the page that is supposed to show the most recent maps/subscriptions. Here.com must be having issues.
Thanks, Ayepace. Glad it's not my computer as I've been driving myself crazy trying to troubleshoot my computer. I can now relax and wait a few days.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page