Power Folding Mirrors - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Power Folding Mirrors

It appears that in order to have the mirrors not fold and unfold on start-up/shutdown you have to go to the dealer? Does anyone know how to disable this feature from the car?

Tim
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 07:49 AM

They don't fold on shutdown, only when the car is fully locked. The only mirror setting (Convenience Features Menu) is to turn off/on the "reverse mirror dip" (tilts them down when backing up - only useful if you parallel park a lot and want to watch the curb on either side).

Just out of curiousity, why would you NOT want side mirrors to fold when fully locked?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 04:43 PM

I wouldn't want them to fold until I locked the car after walking away. If they folded when I turned off the car, i couldn't check if somebody is coming when I opened the door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Ice buildup in the winter. Once it made a horrible cracking sound when it was frozen so i would like to keep them open when there is a risk of freezing rain.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 10:20 PM

Very good point. Seems like an option that could be programmable? Don't bet on it making the priority list, though.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 12:29 AM

In the XJ there is a way to get the dealer to program it to override, so could be the same case in the iPace. This from the XJ Owners Handbook:
The mirrors can be configured to automatically fold when the vehicle is locked and unfold when unlocked. This feature can be enabled or disabled by your Dealer/Authorised Repairer.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 08:14 AM
Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Ice buildup in the winter. Once it made a horrible cracking sound when it was frozen so i would like to keep them open when there is a risk of freezing rain.
Yes, I turn off this function on my Volvo's in winter time. Easy to do in the car menu on the Volvo's.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:19 PM

I have had two occasions when the driver side rear view mirror did not unfold when I had started driving. I did not notice it until I was a few minutes into the drive and on one occasion, I was on the highway. Really dangerous. I had to get off the highway and park in a safe place, get out of the car, lock the car and then unlock it and it opened out. The dealership could not reproduce the issue and it has not happened again recently.
On another note, I have a real tight garage width, and it would be really nice to fold the mirrors before driving into the garage. My BMW 3 and 5 series did that and it is really helpful to get in and out of the garage.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 01:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejbritto View Post
I have had two occasions when the driver side rear view mirror did not unfold when I had started driving. I did not notice it until I was a few minutes into the drive and on one occasion, I was on the highway. Really dangerous. I had to get off the highway and park in a safe place, get out of the car, lock the car and then unlock it and it opened out. The dealership could not reproduce the issue and it has not happened again recently.
On another note, I have a real tight garage width, and it would be really nice to fold the mirrors before driving into the garage. My BMW 3 and 5 series did that and it is really helpful to get in and out of the garage.
If you press both left and right mirror adjustment buttons simultaneously it will fold/unfold both mirrors.

HSE | Caesium Blue/Siena Tan | 20" Style 5068 wheels | Received 01/09/2019
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryzvy View Post
If you press both left and right mirror adjustment buttons simultaneously it will fold/unfold both mirrors.
Excellent! That really helps ryzvy -- I appreciate your input.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page