Audible Vehicle Alert System (AVAS) - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bruintoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: California, USA
Posts: 397
Audible Vehicle Alert System (AVAS)

Have you guys been able to hear this on your I-Pace when the speed is less than 20 km/hr (12.42 mi/hr)? I had all my windows open and haven't been able to hear it. Was this enabled in US cars?
bruintoo is online now  
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 07:58 PM
Senior Member
 
sciencegeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Palo Alto
Posts: 999
pretty sure i don't have that
sciencegeek is online now  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 08:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 651
Yes, I've heard it clearly with windows open. Didn't notice it with them closed.
jsimon7777 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 09:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Meldev##44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 135
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Yes, I've heard it clearly with windows open. Didn't notice it with them closed.
1. Would be nice to know were you are from?
2. I have not heard it in my location here in US.

I saw something once that a noise when moving forward direction was
too distracting to bystanders.

Instead of it being a warning tone, it attracted more attention.
Meldev##44 is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bruintoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: California, USA
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldev##44 View Post
1. Would be nice to know were you are from?
2. I have not heard it in my location here in US.

I saw something once that a noise when moving forward direction was
too distracting to bystanders.

Instead of it being a warning tone, it attracted more attention.
Every time I put it in reverse people look at me. I can hear that tone. But I have never heard the slow forward AVAS.
bruintoo is online now  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 11:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 355
Same here, and I have my window open a lot. My wife agrees, it's not making a sound.
WattAJag is online now  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 01:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Castro Valley, CA
Posts: 651
Maybe I just heard it going backwards and not forwards. My mistake? Waaarb... waaarb... waaarb...
jsimon7777 is online now  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 10:11 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: SoCal
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Maybe I just heard it going backwards and not forwards. My mistake? Waaarb... waaarb... waaarb...
Can the warning tone be turned off when you are backing out of your driveway at 4am so as not to disturb your insomniac neighbor whose bedroom is directly across the street? The Leaf has a toggle switch that allows you to do so.
BeachCliff is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: South Florida, USA
Posts: 187
It should always be active when going super slow as the tone is specifically to alert blind people that you're coming their way; it's a safety feature since there's virtually little to no noise otherwise. But, it doesn't sound when you're going faster, which poses the question...how are blind people alerted you're approaching in the I-Pace when you're going fast? UGH!

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics
sflgator is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bruintoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: California, USA
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
It should always be active when going super slow as the tone is specifically to alert blind people that you're coming their way; it's a safety feature since there's virtually little to no noise otherwise. But, it doesn't sound when you're going faster, which poses the question...how are blind people alerted you're approaching in the I-Pace when you're going fast? UGH!
At faster speeds tire noise becomes apparent so there's no need for AVAS. But I still haven't been able to hear this supposed sound while I creep at around 10 MPH with all the windows down. Maybe it's disabled in US I-Pace cars?
bruintoo is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Center Display Issues PGhiron Technical Discussion 67 01-06-2019 07:31 PM
Jaguar I-Pace Overview Administrator 2018+ Jaguar I-Pace EV 400 News 0 08-14-2018 04:50 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome