The I-Pace Audio Settings Thread - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

The I-Pace Audio Settings Thread

Just starting a thread for everyone to post audio settings they've found to be particularly good.

I'm still playing around with mine so would love to hear how everyone else has adjusted theirs!
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
Just starting a thread for everyone to post audio settings they've found to be particularly good.

I'm still playing around with mine so would love to hear how everyone else has adjusted theirs!
I boosted the bass and treble a bit, left the mids in the middle, and turned on the Meridian sound setting. I mostly listen to NPR and bass-driven music, though.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

How did you adjust the mids?

Mine shows treble, bass, and subwoofer as the only options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 04:07 PM

I normally listen to SPOTIFY through my iPhone.
I changed the settings on the SPOTIFY app; YOUR LIBRARY>GEAR ICON (top right)>MUSIC QUALITY> Select VERY HIGH (320 kbit/s)

Using MERIDIAN setting on the I-Pace.

Left all the sliding settings at the mid point.

All sounds great

No Car
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 04:12 PM

Let me restate. I upped the treble and subwoofer, leaving the bass at the middle. It was the middle setting, so my memory said it was mids. It's the wife's car, and I haven't driven in a few days.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 01:06 PM

favorite radio presets

does any one know how to set favorites for radio stations, i put checks in the boxes, but next time i return to car no favorites,except the original one set during dealer set up .
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:36 PM

How about how to enable the automatic volume? I seem to be constantly changing it.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Knight View Post
does any one know how to set favorites for radio stations, i put checks in the boxes, but next time i return to car no favorites,except the original one set during dealer set up .
Wild guess (since I don't use profiles myself): did the dealer set up a profile for you? And is that profile active when you pick favorites, or is it not? It's conceivable that you're adding the favorites to either your profile or the non-profile setup, and next time you start the car it's the other setup.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:18 AM

Can anyone tell me what all the different Audio settings are? I can’t seem to hear a difference between Meridian, Dolby Pro Logic IIx or DTS NEo:6.

What should I be listening for?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Can anyone tell me what all the different Audio settings are? I can’t seem to hear a difference between Meridian, Dolby Pro Logic IIx or DTS NEo:6.

What should I be listening for?
They are additional post processing designed to create a “surround” feel. You will hear the tonality shift (side effect) but the stereo field will “widen” and you may hear more reverb and ambiance in the material. But it all depends on what you are listening to, it won’t do much with mono sources, but modern stereo music will definitely change a bit.

I personally find all the processing to reduce the quality of the sound, but then again I am a professional audio guy. For some it makes it more “fun.”

Each mode is another standard or manufacturers bag of tricks for doing this. DTS is the least offensive in my opinion.