Charge for Apple Car Play? - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Charge for Apple Car Play?

Does anyone know if Jag will charge a monthly fee for car play? I know Audi and Porsche do, I believe after 3 months.

================================================== ==========================================Lmmtahoe
2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Yulong White w/ Black Pack Ext, Fog Lights, Ebony Windsor Leather Sport Performance Seats 18, Oyster Suede Headlining, CW Package, Air suspension, HUD, Pano & privacy glass, ionizer, 20" Wheels, Adaptive Dynamics, Activity Key
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 05:06 AM

Are you sure you mean Car Play? Its just an interface supported by the infotainment system, there is no monthly charge.
phil likes this.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 03:24 PM

The charge is for the cellular connection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 04:35 PM
mgb

No additional charge for Android Auto or Car Play on the I-Pace. Jaguar is doing this right, at least. BMW wants to make you pay handsomely for this ability - something like $300 up front, or a monthly subscription.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 05:34 PM

What cellular connection? CarPlay doesnt require one, and if you have an iPhone you already have one.

Am I missing something?
phil likes this.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
Are you sure you mean Car Play? Its just an interface supported by the infotainment system, there is no monthly charge.
For sure it's Car Play.

================================================== ==========================================Lmmtahoe
2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Yulong White w/ Black Pack Ext, Fog Lights, Ebony Windsor Leather Sport Performance Seats 18, Oyster Suede Headlining, CW Package, Air suspension, HUD, Pano & privacy glass, ionizer, 20" Wheels, Adaptive Dynamics, Activity Key
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtahoe View Post
Quote:
Are you sure you mean Car Play? It’s just an interface supported by the infotainment system, there is no monthly charge.
For sure it's Car Play.
There is nothing to buy or extra to pay (at least in a HSE). I can’t say if Jaguar does what some other manufacturers do and make it standard on some models and an extra cost option on others.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
What cellular connection? CarPlay doesnt require one, and if you have an iPhone you already have one.

Am I missing something?
I was responding to the comment regarding payment after 3 months. That reference is to cellular service. You are correct that you can use any WiFi connection to connect to CarPlay.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdUno View Post
I was responding to the comment regarding payment after 3 months. That reference is to cellular service. You are correct that you can use any WiFi connection to connect to CarPlay.
Actually when connecting CarPlay via WiFi (which I do not believe I Pace supports) it is a direct WiFi connection not through cellular. This is a high bandwidth video/link over WiFi instead of using the lightening/USB connector.

And honestly I don't recommend it, it supports a much smaller screen projection (than the full screen one I saw on I Pace with a cable) and most people want to plug their phones in to charge during use anyway.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 09:36 AM

We connect CarPlay through the WiFi Hotspot on our iPhone all the time. You still plug in your iPhone with a cable. Just establish the WiFi connection to your iPhone BEFORE plugging in the phone. Works great and CarPlay is full screen using Waze, Spotify, and TuneIn.

Last edited by NerdUno; 11-28-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page