201 Miles on the GOM how many want JLR to fix it? - Page 5 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
I am still very curious why some of you are seeing the 201 range behavior, as I did the exact same set of all updates and my range is still showing around 230 and goes up and down as I drive differently or it gets warmer/cooler here. So its not doing the “lean to 201” thing you all are seeing.

I wonder if there is a new programmed default to 201 without good data and something is throwing the GOM off?
I would bet the GOM is not controlled by a module impacted by the telematics or infotainment software, so unless you have had it to a dealer that has updated that one, your GOM is still functioning ‘correctly’. Mine was relatively accurate/consistent if the variables such as weather, terrain and driving style were consistent
post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I would bet the GOM is not controlled by a module impacted by the telematics or infotainment software, so unless you have had it to a dealer that has updated that one, your GOM is still functioning ‘correctly’. Mine was relatively accurate/consistent if the variables such as weather, terrain and driving style were consistent
I have had the full h228 (I think that’s the number?) update performed, so I do not believe I have any module that is not updated. Just did it around 3 weeks ago.
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 12:06 AM

I installed a scangauge on my Ford Focus Electric, it reported battery watts in the battery. I loved it. The I-Pace has a Watts/100mile average display with the trip meter, from which you can deduce watts left in the battery. Not as nice as the actual displayed watts in the battery, but it is useful. My GOM reported 201 miles when I started using the heater and got more comfortable driving it like I used to drive the Focus. To reset my GOM for a day, here is what I did: On a warm night I went to the beach road and reset my odometer which resets the watts/100mile reading. I then drove ~48 miles at 25mph(the speed limit) on cruise control with the drivers window open. The watts/100miles read 24 when I got home. I charged the car with the 120v charger and late the next day my GOM said 242. The 24watts/100mile was averaged into the earlier GOM reading and it raised the GOM number up. After a few days of my normal driving my GOM now reads 201 again and my watts/100mile is 40. It's the heater and my faster driving. I have read that the EPA combined number of 234miles equates with driving your car at a steady 45mph.

Last edited by Trielectric; 11-28-2019 at 12:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epirali View Post
I am still very curious why some of you are seeing the 201 range behavior, as I did the exact same set of all updates and my range is still showing around 230 and goes up and down as I drive differently or it gets warmer/cooler here. So its not doing the “lean to 201” thing you all are seeing.

I wonder if there is a new programmed default to 201 without good data and something is throwing the GOM off?
After a reset mine went to 234 the EPA range. Took a couple of weeks to decline back to the mystical 201, I drive a lot of miles >400 miles/week. Range went up and down as well but declined slowly and consistently until it reached and stabilized back at 201 again. There are no campaigns open on TOPx.

2020 I-Pace HSE
Fuji White/20" 5 spoke 'Style 5068' with Diamond Turned finish/(AdSR)
Light Oyster Windsor leather sport seats with Ebony/Light Oyster interior
Light Oyster Suedecloth headlining/Heated steering wheel/Head-up Display
18-way heated and cooled electric memory front seats with heated rear seats
Meridian™ Surround Sound System/Gloss Charcoal Ash veneer
Front fog lights/Four-zone Climate Control
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Delivery 08/16/19

Last edited by wbjag; 11-28-2019 at 05:51 PM.
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

At the risk of being repetitive, let me just add once more that the GoM is a prediction based on a combination of parameters inferred from your current and past driving, and bugs (or poor design) in their software.

See how much %age charge you use over a certain distance and consider the driving conditions. Do that for a few trips. You'll get a good sense of your range depending on outside factors and how you drive.

BTW, happy Thanksgiving everyone! :gobble gobble:
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old Today, 02:01 PM

Red face Battery Issue

Jaguar Corporate has stepped up and will buy back my 2019 IPACE under the California Lemon Law, recognizing there was a huge battery issue. I am leasing another because the car is great otherwise. Just thought I would let you all know the most pleasant result. Jaguar deserves 5 stars for this one!
Calidave likes this.
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old Today, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
At the risk of being repetitive, let me just add once more that the GoM is a prediction based on a combination of parameters inferred from your current and past driving, and bugs (or poor design) in their software.

See how much %age charge you use over a certain distance and consider the driving conditions. Do that for a few trips. You'll get a good sense of your range depending on outside factors and how you drive.

BTW, happy Thanksgiving everyone! :gobble gobble:
This is what it should be but if this was the case, not many would see the same range after every charge let alone many in the community seeing the same range "201" regardless of driving pattern, environmental and operating factors...

2020 I-Pace HSE
Fuji White/20" 5 spoke 'Style 5068' with Diamond Turned finish/(AdSR)
Light Oyster Windsor leather sport seats with Ebony/Light Oyster interior
Light Oyster Suedecloth headlining/Heated steering wheel/Head-up Display
18-way heated and cooled electric memory front seats with heated rear seats
Meridian™ Surround Sound System/Gloss Charcoal Ash veneer
Front fog lights/Four-zone Climate Control
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Delivery 08/16/19
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old Today, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewoman View Post
Jaguar Corporate has stepped up and will buy back my 2019 IPACE under the California Lemon Law, recognizing there was a huge battery issue. I am leasing another because the car is great otherwise. Just thought I would let you all know the most pleasant result. Jaguar deserves 5 stars for this one!
That’s awesome. It does appear JLR has done an excellent job at trying to make things right for those with significant issues.
Calidave likes this.
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old Today, 03:36 PM

The stuck on 201 miles / 323 km issue is still under investigation. If you have this problem, get a dealer to follow the JLR requested procedure

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...67331-0001.pdf

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page