Best & Worst SURPRISES about your new I-Pace? - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I have a red FE, I dont see it?
Anything to do with the glove box heating/cooling? Just a WAG.
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdUno View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
What trim level do you have? I don't think First Editions got that option.
Ours IS a First Edition. Maybe your car had to be red. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/IMG]
I really need to see what this looks like. The cup holders pop out, so I am interested in learning how that works.
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I really need to see what this looks like. The cup holders pop out, so I am interested in learning how that works.
Yeah, uhhh ... April 1st is a ways off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 01:20 PM

I'll add:

Positives: (1) side mirror welcome lights (I thought they were optional upgrade); and

(2) very cool small exterior dimensions + good-sized interior dimensions -- still impresses me. Squashed rear window looks positively stealthy.

Fake-Negative: car drives so well, and I enjoy driving so much, I could utilize a larger range (but I'll be fine).
sciencegeek, epirali and ryzvy like this.
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

[my wife freaked out when she saw the welcome lights on the driveway ... "that's soooo pretentious!!" I love them ]
ryzvy likes this.
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 02:24 PM

Worst is 28 days in service at Cole European for battery charge fault repair!!!
Back this week and love affair rekindled. Amusing to meet 3 battery engineers at Cole service last friday. They came there straight off the plane as evidenced by the pile of luggage next to my car. Cole totally detailed my ride and corporate is reviewing my claim for compensation due to loss of use for entire 2nd month of ownership.
2 more days in service and qualified as a LEmon with buyback or trade assured by corporate. I declined the disruption as even at 28 days it was a possibility.

Mirror lights on the e-pace (loaner for 28 days) have too cute outlines of adult and cub jaguars!! same on windshield. Light circle is smaller than I-pace but I want that. Steve
Calidave likes this.
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 02:38 PM

Were they able to tell you what was the cause and fix for the charging fault? Mine has been at the dealer for almost 2 weeks as it will not charge. Whatever they do charging indicator flashes red and indicates error in charging.
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stever View Post
Worst is 28 days in service at Cole European for battery charge fault repair!!!
Back this week and love affair rekindled. Amusing to meet 3 battery engineers at Cole service last friday. They came there straight off the plane as evidenced by the pile of luggage next to my car. Cole totally detailed my ride and corporate is reviewing my claim for compensation due to loss of use for entire 2nd month of ownership.
2 more days in service and qualified as a LEmon with buyback or trade assured by corporate. I declined the disruption as even at 28 days it was a possibility.

Mirror lights on the e-pace (loaner for 28 days) have too cute outlines of adult and cub jaguars!! same on windshield. Light circle is smaller than I-pace but I want that. Steve
Wow, would have loved to talk to the battery engineers. 28 days in service!? That's nuts, I wouldn't be okay waiting that long. What was the resolution?
Calidave likes this.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagpa View Post
Were they able to tell you what was the cause and fix for the charging fault? Mine has been at the dealer for almost 2 weeks as it will not charge. Whatever they do charging indicator flashes red and indicates error in charging.
I am waiting for my copy of the detail service record the dealer sends in for getting warranty $ back, and will post here soon.

The engineers suggested sticking to authorized charging systems (sold as an option) or chargepoint system as the only ones verified by their factory testing. Too conservative to be practical solution for me. My Bosch level 2 has worked fine (for my Volt over 2 years too). They suspect my aftermarket 20 foot extender cord ($200, from end of charger to vehicle) was possibly adjusting resistance in the STOCK 110v charger when I tried it twice. The timing of the fault doesn't quite match that event, but who knows. No extender cords or translation from tesla network recommended.
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 09:16 PM

charging failure cause (so far);
Aux battery t4k4462 failed, replaced traced down to bad fuse in converter t4k6510, replaced.
Also new module - battery t4k8506, antifreeze, 1 harness & 6 clips

Hope your resolution is faster than mine. Steve

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page