Windshield heater design causing 'starry' nighttime lights? - Page 4 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 03:14 PM

My experience is like yours.

It sometimes rises to my slight notice (mostly in lower sun positions with peak glare, and not at night).

2019 I-Pace 400EV HSE First Edition
Corris Grey - Ebony/Ebony
Suede Headliner
Fully Extended Leather/Ash Wood Trim
Heads-Up Display/Four-Zone Climate
20" Wheels/Rubber Mats x5
Delivered 2/22/19
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
It must be a highly personal thing or some kind of vision related thing then, as it doesn't bother me one bit.
I think this is exactly it. Some people are not at all bothered. I am extremly sensitive to lack of clarity and color in anything visual, this applies to noticing the QUALITY of the windshield glass (I am not talking about heating element, I am talking about small ripples) to the quality of displays on devices. This actually is a big part of why I choose Apple products (very high quality displays), sunglasses that must be high quality optical glass and will even notice in some manufacturers third party windshields actually have better optics than the OEM (I am looking at you JLR).

The heated windshield was a deal breaker for me on the FE. I ordered mine without and it is so much better, but even without I see the low quality ripples specially in the HUD reflection. IF someone is sensitive I would strongly advise NOT to get the heated windshield, I don't think some will ever get used to it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page