What to love or hate about the 2018+ Jaguar I-Pace? - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedorachef View Post
Voice controls for nav don't work for me and I was told wasn't available by the guy who came out to my home to run through features. Maybe I need a software update?

Mine work. My software is fully updated, so yes, maybe you need a software update?

2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE
Indus Silver w/ Black Pack Ext & Front Fog Lights
Mars Red Windsor Leather Performance Seats w/ Carbon Fiber Trim,
Ebony Suede Headlining & Illuminated Jaguar Treadplates
22" Style 5069 Wheels
Adaptive Dynamics
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:04 PM

I traded a Tesla Model X for my I-Pace.

Immediately I loved the quality of build, fit & finish close to flawless, performance, handling, etc. I'm not loving the Goodyear tires wrapped on the 20's. I do love the interior, but actually miss my soft cushy white seats from the Tesla. I'm sure the leather on the I-Pace will break in over time.

My biggest gripe is with the range. For a $90k car with 90kw battery, I feel we should be seeing closer to 280 range vs lower 200. My display range has dropped over the last few weeks of owning and I barely use heater or a/c or drive it hard. I complained about this to my dealer who is still working with tech office in NJ to figure out if the car is getting the proper range. They did a battery reset once and it charged to 279, then next two charges were in the 240's, then drop to 230's, then to 220's now 211-213. Coming from Tesla this is really odd results. My Tesla charged full to 265 99% of the time; sometimes dropped to 261, but never lower. I feel it was much more efficient for consumption as well. I drove it up and down CA multiple times with ease and just needing a quick stop at a supercharger here and there. In the I-Pace I would not try a drive from Nor Cal to So Cal. I'm sure it is possible, but it would take way too long with stops and waiting for charging.

I'm also surprised to see they went with a 7kw on board charger and limiting to 120 for dc fast charging. Home Tesla High Amp (80a) wall charger was putting out 54 miles per hour vs the Chargepoint w/ I-Pace 20 miles per hour. My Tesla did have the upgraded high speed onboard charger which I believe was 17kw or so. I don't agree with the philosophy that home charging should just be a slow overnight thing. Being in the bay area I drive all over the place all the time and want to be able to charge up a decent amount without needing to wait hours.
dtgsrq likes this.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Mine work. My software is fully updated, so yes, maybe you need a software update?
What version are you own and what are some examples of nav options can you speak? When a say Nav to or go to xyz it says this function is not yet available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
My biggest gripe is with the range. For a $90k car with 90kw battery, I feel we should be seeing closer to 280 range vs lower 200. My display range has dropped over the last few weeks of owning and I barely use heater or a/c or drive it hard. I complained about this to my dealer who is still working with tech office in NJ to figure out if the car is getting the proper range. They did a battery reset once and it charged to 279, then next two charges were in the 240's, then drop to 230's, then to 220's now 211-213. Coming from Tesla this is really odd results. My Tesla charged full to 265 99% of the time; sometimes dropped to 261, but never lower. I feel it was much more efficient for consumption as well. I drove it up and down CA multiple times with ease and just needing a quick stop at a supercharger here and there. In the I-Pace I would not try a drive from Nor Cal to So Cal. I'm sure it is possible, but it would take way too long with stops and waiting for charging.
Did you track how accurate the Tesla DTE was compared to the I-Pace DTE using the odometer to verify both?
Just charging to a number is not really the same.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I traded a Tesla Model X for my I-Pace.

Immediately I loved the quality of build, fit & finish close to flawless, performance, handling, etc. I'm not loving the Goodyear tires wrapped on the 20's. I do love the interior, but actually miss my soft cushy white seats from the Tesla. I'm sure the leather on the I-Pace will break in over time.

I'm also surprised to see they went with a 7kw on board charger and limiting to 120 for dc fast charging. Home Tesla High Amp (80a) wall charger was putting out 54 miles per hour vs the Chargepoint w/ I-Pace 20 miles per hour. My Tesla did have the upgraded high speed onboard charger which I believe was 17kw or so. I don't agree with the philosophy that home charging should just be a slow overnight thing. Being in the bay area I drive all over the place all the time and want to be able to charge up a decent amount without needing to wait hours.
Alright. At this point I think it's pretty clear that the consensus is summarized here:
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...by-the-numbers

I guess it's all about expectations. For the driving that I will be doing routinely (and even for some long weekends) the range will be just fine. And around town, who gives a hoot about range? People get worked up about corner cases and hypotheticals.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuableu View Post
Regarding your #13 - Watch app; it says there is one and there are screenshots of it.
Is there one for Samsung Gear/Android watch?
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
My biggest gripe is with the range. For a $90k car with 90kw battery, I feel we should be seeing closer to 280 range vs lower 200. ...
If you trim out a Model X with the 237 mile range to be similar to a First Edition, the Tesla is over $10,000 more. That would be MX 75D with red paint, nice 20" wheels, light interior, and autosteering + ACC. It has a larger boot, and gullwing doors, and can be used with Tesla chargers, L2 SAE, and CHAdeMO facilities.
However, the FE has a lot more tricks up it's sleeve than the Model X. Some are pretty significant, like the blind spot mirrors, HUD, and 360° View.

So the i-Pace is more akin to a Model X 75D which has a 237mi EPA range when charged at 100%. But the Jag is cheaper, handles better, can be tracked (comes with a simple track computer and track mode), is quicker, and more snow/off-road capable.

So battery size is battery size. Like engine displacement.

Did you ever find out what your true range was in your Model X? Hint, it's not that number you see on a Tesla dash, that's basically a gas needle. It goes down as the battery wears, it does not learn your driving style. Driven like a civilized human, my i-Pace reads 253 miles after charging. I'm down to 211 miles now, and loving every mile. I even turned the Growl on. Hehehe...
sflgator, PGhiron and WattAJag like this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Last edited by McRat; 12-04-2018 at 11:06 PM.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
Alright. At this point I think it's pretty clear that the consensus is summarized here:
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...by-the-numbers

I guess it's all about expectations. For the driving that I will be doing routinely (and even for some long weekends) the range will be just fine. And around town, who gives a hoot about range? People get worked up about corner cases and hypotheticals.
There was a comparison in a euro magazine that compared the true range of the Model X to the i-Pace, and the i-Pace would go further on a charge. I'll see if I can find that article. Tesla exaggerated their number, Jaguar hit their number.
fedorachef, PGhiron and WattAJag like this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
If you trim out a Model X with the 237 mile range to be similar to a First Edition, the Tesla is over $10,000 more. That would be MX 75D with red paint, nice 20" wheels, light interior, and autosteering + ACC. It has a larger boot, and gullwing doors, and can be used with Tesla chargers, L2 SAE, and CHAdeMO facilities.
However, the FE has a lot more tricks up it's sleeve than the Model X. Some are pretty significant, like the blind spot mirrors, HUD, and 360° View.

So the i-Pace is more akin to a Model X 75D which has a 237mi EPA range when charged at 100%. But the Jag is cheaper, handles better, can be tracked (comes with a simple track computer and track mode), is quicker, and more snow/off-road capable.

So battery size is battery size. Like engine displacement.

Did you ever find out what your true range was in your Model X? Hint, it's not that number you see on a Tesla dash, that's basically a gas needle. It goes down as the battery wears, it does not learn your driving style. Driven like a civilized human, my i-Pace reads 253 miles after charging. I'm down to 211 miles now, and loving every mile. I even turned the Growl on. Hehehe...
My Tesla was a 90D and range was 265 and very accurate to getting that as actual range. I'm surprised to hear your seeing 253, mine is nowhere near that so maybe tech in NJ will find something up with my car. Did recently learn that my battery software is on v13.2 vs 14.2 and informed dealer about that today. Their looking into why I'm not on the latest software and how to update.
PGhiron likes this.

Last edited by fedorachef; 12-04-2018 at 11:22 PM. Reason: update
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
There was a comparison in a euro magazine that compared the true range of the Model X to the i-Pace, and the i-Pace would go further on a charge. I'll see if I can find that article. Tesla exaggerated their number, Jaguar hit their number.
Thought this was a good video, granted its from earlier this year, but they talk about how the max range is 480km (298 miles). Man, that would be nice if it was reality.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page