My First Problem - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't a new engine/motor be just as good? I mean, it's all new, right?

Of course, a blown engine after 3 days is very bad regardless of how they rectify the situation...
The question is; Do you want to be the owner of a new car that will have a CarFax report of a new drive motor installed after 3 days ownership. I would think this would devalue the vehicle to some degree. Installing a new drive motor is not an easy task by someone who has prior experience let alone a newbie technician. I would think that JLR would handle this type of situation in a similar manner that RR does; they fly the experienced technician and part from the UK stat. Hopefully WattAJag will give us updates tomorrow

Porsche Macan GTS
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 08:58 AM

While unusual, if I were running JLR, I would rewind the transaction if the buyer requested it. It's still at the 'demo car' mileage, and it should be fixed and used as a demo, and the customer should get another. Because their repair techs aren't at 100% yet, so they risk a buyback which is more expensive. And 1 unhappy customer tells 10, and 10 happy customers will tell about 10 people on average.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
While unusual, if I were running JLR, I would rewind the transaction if the buyer requested it. It's still at the 'demo car' mileage, and it should be fixed and used as a demo, and the customer should get another. Because their repair techs aren't at 100% yet, so they risk a buyback which is more expensive. And 1 unhappy customer tells 10, and 10 happy customers will tell about 10 people on average.
Totally agree

Porsche Macan GTS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 11:54 AM

Same happen to me and after over a month fault finding they have now made up their mind to change the front engine. Bad start for my Jag experience
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegian View Post
Same happen to me and after over a month fault finding they have now made up their mind to change the front engine. Bad start for my Jag experience
You meant "motor" right?
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Hi, can you tell us more about your specific problem?
WattAJag likes this.

Porsche Macan GTS
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WattAJag View Post
Thanks. Appreciate the thoughts!! (Please tell me you also work for them!!!!!!)
Sorry I don't.

Just relating experience from my RAV4-EV (early Tesla drive unit) and many others that had consternation about a drive unit replacement. They all worked out fine with no ongoing issues. I believe it is mostly plug and play with these things now. What you don't want to know is what the replacement cost would be if out of warranty. You will have lots of time to determine if the job goes well.
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Wow! I really can't say enough about how well Jag of North Scottsdale is behaving through all this. Without batting an eyelash and with complete understanding of my position & feelings, they are already starting the process of unwinding the first sale, and offered me a choice of 2 other new I-Paces (both HSE's and with the light oyster interior we need in AZ). One they had today with fewer options (and cheaper), or one (the one I picked) which they are expecting in 2 weeks and which is, in fact, in the Caesium Blue I actually prefer. We will speak more tomorrow about officially unwinding the sale, but they are completely comfortable working to make it right.

I do really appreciate all the comments & suggestions from you all. It helped me navigate a situation I've never had before. I had my position clearly in my mind: (Prior to Norwegian's comment above!) I felt that this couldn't be a widespread problem as nobody had claimed similar symptoms. So, I still wanted an I-Pace. But, they were about to ask me to have major organ replacement surgery done on my brand new car by somebody who was basically fresh out of Med School. And, it would never really feel like a "new" car again. And, the shaking it was doing felt like it would be loosening every screw & weld in the car. I had just bought (I believe) the most expensive car on their lot, and I wanted one that I could keep "perfect" for a long time as I always do with my cars.

I was so ready for an argument ... But, I didn't get one. Not in the slightest. (No "abuse" either because arguments are down the hall!) They were perfectly willing to do whatever I wanted that was within their control to do. I texted my salesman last night that I didn't hold THEM at fault for "the problem" - but what was theirs to control was the solution. And, he brightened my day with one phone call. I don't get my new car for a couple weeks, but I have a loaner to use until then.

Not sure what will be involved in unwinding all the financing, licensing, registration, etc ... but we'll start that tomorrow as it was too late in the day today.

So, I have to say that I'm pleased with the resolution and the attitudes of everybody I dealt with there. And, feeling very lucky to have dodged a problem car. Now THEY can take as long as they like to fix it.

I did drive a car without the Adaptive Dynamics & ASI - and I felt like I was feeling the bumps more. Might have been my imagination, but I didn't think it was as smooth as my 1st Edition. So, I opted to wait a couple weeks for the better equipped Blue HSE.

So, my question - anybody got any idea what I will miss that's ONLY available from a 1st Edition (besides the paint)?

Last edited by WattAJag; 12-04-2018 at 07:49 PM.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes! Please add YOUR details to this or some new thread. It's important to share these stories. Both for the psychological support of each other, and to know if there's somebody out there my local techs could contact.

My story is about to be over, but you'll have a resolution that somebody else later might need to know about!
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WattAJag View Post
Wow! I really can't say enough about how well Jag of North Scottsdale is behaving through all this. Without batting an eyelash and with complete understanding of my position & feelings, they are already starting the process of unwinding the first sale, and offered me a choice of 2 other new I-Paces (both HSE's and with the light oyster interior we need in AZ). One they had today with fewer options (and cheaper), or one (the one I picked) which they are expecting in 2 weeks and which is, in fact, in the Caesium Blue I actually prefer. We will speak more tomorrow about officially unwinding the sale, but they are completely comfortable working to make it right.

I do really appreciate all the comments & suggestions from you all. It helped me navigate a situation I've never had before. I had my position clearly in my mind: (Prior to Norwegian's comment above!) I felt that this couldn't be a widespread problem as nobody had claimed similar symptoms. So, I still wanted an I-Pace. But, they were about to ask me to have major organ replacement surgery done on my brand new car by somebody who was basically fresh out of Med School. And, it would never really feel like a "new" car again. And, the shaking it was doing felt like it would be loosening every screw & weld in the car. I had just bought (I believe) the most expensive car on their lot, and I wanted one that I could keep "perfect" for a long time as I always do with my cars.

I was so ready for an argument ... But, I didn't get one. Not in the slightest. (No "abuse" either because arguments are down the hall!) They were perfectly willing to do whatever I wanted that was within their control to do. I texted my salesman last night that I didn't hold THEM at fault for "the problem" - but what was theirs to control was the solution. And, he brightened my day with one phone call. I don't get my new car for a couple weeks, but I have a loaner to use until then.

Not sure what will be involved in unwinding all the financing, licensing, registration, etc ... but we'll start that tomorrow as it was too late in the day today.

So, I have to say that I'm pleased with the resolution and the attitudes of everybody I dealt with there. And, feeling very lucky to have dodged a problem car. Now THEY can take as long as they like to fix it.

I did drive a car without the Adaptive Dynamics & ASI - and I felt like I was feeling the bumps more. Might have been my imagination, but I didn't think it was as smooth as my 1st Edition. So, I opted to wait a couple weeks for the better equipped Blue HSE.

So, my question - anybody got any idea what I will miss that's ONLY available from a 1st Edition (besides the paint)?
Great! BTW, that's the color combo I got, Caesium blue exterior and oyster interior. I figured I need a light color interior with that panoramic glass roof!
WattAJag likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page