My First Problem - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

I was lucky to have been at/near the dealer both times. I had just left the huge Scottsdale Cars & Coffee where I had spent the last 2.5 hours talking about what a great car it's been so far. Dumb thing apparently doesn't listen well!!
sciencegeek and epirali like this.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Interesting development. Thanks to the In Control app, I can see that my car has been taken on two separate 1.1 mile low speed journeys this morning. And, that it is currently unlocked with the hood open! Big Owner is watching!! Have not heard any official news, yet.
McRat likes this.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 01:30 PM

That is an interesting wrinkle. You can watch what the dealer is doing thanks to the app? That's great! Transparency fosters honesty (hopefully).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 01:50 PM

I found the ultimate honesty came after giving my Mercedes to the dealer for the day with an Owl dash cam. They ended up buying me a new wheel after I showed them their service guy hit a curb on the test drive. Video proof fosters humility!
sciencegeek likes this.

Porsche Macan GTS
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

So, I have to wait until tomorrow to find out anything on possible resolution, but late today I was finally told that the technicians looking at my car (no doubt, the first one they've ever had to work on) have diagnosed that I need an entirely new Front Drive Motor (at 370 miles and after 3 days). Sorry, but - WTAF?!!! (Hope that doesn't violate rules here, but I have no other words).

I'm trying to decide out now if I need a lawyer and try to force getting a new vehicle.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 08:27 PM

Ouch
Ouch
Ouch
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 11:49 PM

Better to just replace the drive as a single unit instead of having it pulled apart by a newbie to replace a sensor.
I still have faith JLR will make it right. Especially these first ones.
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. Appreciate the thoughts!! (Please tell me you also work for them!!!!!!)
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WattAJag View Post
So, I have to wait until tomorrow to find out anything on possible resolution, but late today I was finally told that the technicians looking at my car (no doubt, the first one they've ever had to work on) have diagnosed that I need an entirely new Front Drive Motor (at 370 miles and after 3 days). Sorry, but - WTAF?!!! (Hope that doesn't violate rules here, but I have no other words).

I'm trying to decide out now if I need a lawyer and try to force getting a new vehicle.
Knowing that particular dealership very well, if it was me, I would be asking to get the JLR West Coast rep on a conference call. I don't think they have the expertise at this moment to do that magnitude a fix. If they have the vehicle over 30 days you can invoke the AZ Lemon Law. Might be better for them to agree now, rather than 30 days from now, that 370 miles/3 days qualifies for a new vehicle. If this was an ICE vehicle and the engine lasted 3 days you would for sure be asking for a new vehicle!

Porsche Macan GTS

Last edited by Joshuableu; 12-04-2018 at 01:04 AM.
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuableu View Post
Knowing that particular dealership very well, if it was me, I would be asking to get the JLR West Coast rep on a conference call. I don't think they have the expertise at this moment to do that magnitude a fix. If they have the vehicle over 30 days you can invoke the AZ Lemon Law. Might be better for them to agree now, rather than 30 days from now, that 370 miles/3 days qualifies for a new vehicle. If this was an ICE vehicle and the engine lasted 3 days you would for sure be asking for a new vehicle!
Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't a new engine/motor be just as good? I mean, it's all new, right?

Of course, a blown engine after 3 days is very bad regardless of how they rectify the situation...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page