discount on the price of I-pace - Page 8 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 09:55 AM

I'm certainly not happy about it, but I didn't post that ad to whine or piss anyone off. Not looking to dump my car over it either. Just applying the Golden Rule: if I was about to buy, I'd sure like to know this kind of discount is out there. Doesn't necessarily reflect poorly on the vehicle, but does speak volumes about the effectiveness of JLR in pricing, marketing, and selling it.

The background noise of JLR's financial woes (mostly Brexit and China related), Tesla's deep price cuts (overdue and frankly, disconcerting for the company as a going concern), and the flood of new EVs (some markedly cheaper) from other manufacturers couldn't have come at a worse time for the I-Pace. Tesla sucked all the "novelty premium" out of the luxury EV market during its 6-year monopoly. There is still an "environmental premium" for EVs over ICE vehicles, but as with any industry, competition breeds price erosion.
post #72 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 02:43 PM

Discounts

I'm picking up my I Pace today Corris Grey First Edition. I'm leasing it for 33 mths @ $ 1239.00 originally it was $1757.00 I guess it was worth the wait. The discounts are about $4,000 on the car. I'm in NJ USA lots of I Paces available They want to deal...
post #73 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:09 PM

By my calcs $518/mo x 33 mos = $17,094 saved. Wow, I sure would have waited 3 months for that! And a lease (with a put option) to boot! We early adopters got stung with the highest prices, no 0% financing, and no leasing option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 08:47 PM

I'll travel anywhere to get one of these

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonic View Post
I'm picking up my I Pace today Corris Grey First Edition. I'm leasing it for 33 mths @ $ 1239.00 originally it was $1757.00 I guess it was worth the wait. The discounts are about $4,000 on the car. I'm in NJ USA lots of I Paces available They want to deal...
Great insight - thank you! Haven't been to the NE in awhile. I bought my last car in the south. As you know the internet has dealers trying harder to earn your biz - very healthy for the consumer. Long story short, we had a metro area collusion of Cadillac dealers. They never would really budge on ICE CARS so I went outstate and "stole" one. It's great when they all compete!
post #75 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:58 PM

Mine is due in 3 weeks. The dealer sent me advanced paperwork on it and had a $2000 discount on it and mine is a 2020. One thing to consider, almost every model vehicle, when the new year starts coming out, they discount and offer incentives on the previous year. You always pay a premium to get it early...... but you also get to enjoy it sooner lol
post #76 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 02:40 AM

Great points! You cannot look back, as you obviously can't change it. I remember I sold a Corvette for far too low, too quick and I regretted it, until I was like you know nothing I can do about it now. I ordered that car with exactly my specs too and it's really especially neat to do that. First and only time I ever ordered a car and got exactly what I wanted and skipped what I didn't. I didn't pay for options that I didn't want etc.

The most important thing is that you got EXACTLY what you wanted. That's far more important than a few bucks. So right too - the big manufacturers don't have a CLUE as to how to market these EV's correctly, and they make even larger mistakes on design - the Bolt is a great example of a failed design inmo. What in the world were they thinking on that one?! I'm sure it's a fine EV, just FUGLY, and very cheap, Sonic looking.

Chevrolet looked SO promising when they first revealed the Volt concept back in the day! That is still a cool concept car, but the production model, well...No. They had it, then let it slip away!
post #77 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTTIMEJAG View Post
Great points! You cannot look back, as you obviously can't change it. I remember I sold a Corvette for far too low, too quick and I regretted it, until I was like you know nothing I can do about it now. I ordered that car with exactly my specs too and it's really especially neat to do that. First and only time I ever ordered a car and got exactly what I wanted and skipped what I didn't. I didn't pay for options that I didn't want etc.

The most important thing is that you got EXACTLY what you wanted. That's far more important than a few bucks. So right too - the big manufacturers don't have a CLUE as to how to market these EV's correctly, and they make even larger mistakes on design - the Bolt is a great example of a failed design inmo. What in the world were they thinking on that one?! I'm sure it's a fine EV, just FUGLY, and very cheap, Sonic looking.

Chevrolet looked SO promising when they first revealed the Volt concept back in the day! That is still a cool concept car, but the production model, well...No. They had it, then let it slip away!
My thought process... I bought 2 Hummers, used... Loved them, but there were always things I would have done differently. Paid 60K for them. Bought my wife a new Denali, she loved it, but it was off the lot ( like buying a nice Suit off the rack) it can be nice, but it isnt everything you want, but for the price, you are willing to deal with the difference. I bought my BMW 650 convertible, I went to 3 dealerships looking for what I wanted. Color, interior.. loaded, it have 90% of everything I wanted. I spend 20% of the time missing the 2 or 3 things it didnt have. This is a 100K car. I want what I want, if you are going to pay this kind of money, its worth having exactly what you want... i custom made suit. I've never ordered a car before, the drama and wait is excruciating.... but I know it will be worth it when I peel out of that dealership!!
wbjag likes this.
post #78 of 85 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 06:20 PM

I bought my I-PACE at the end of February. Ran to the dealership the day after they posted a new arrival from the factory. They hadn't even gotten around to pulling all the factory wrapping off and out of the car. They wouldn't entertain anything less than MSRP, but they gave me a $3,000 discount for financing through them. Paid it off 2 weeks later and ended up eating $180 in interest, so the effective discount ended up being just $2,820. Ended up paying $15,000 less than I did for my Model X in 2016, and I'm heads-and-shoulders happier with the I-PACE than I was with my Model X.
sciencegeek and dtgsrq like this.
post #79 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:09 PM

Any signs of a clearout as we enter the last 4 months of 2019? I'm seeing dealer quotes with $8k off MSRP, but people were already talking about 10% off MSRP months ago already... How low will it go?
post #80 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossrock View Post
Any signs of a clearout as we enter the last 4 months of 2019? I'm seeing dealer quotes with $8k off MSRP, but people were already talking about 10% off MSRP months ago already... How low will it go?
There are a good number of 2019's being offered on cars.com with discounts of $10K or more. The highest one I saw was a $12.5K discount.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page