discount on the price of I-pace - Page 3 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMagotes View Post
Yeah, the tax incentives in Colorado are pretty sweet. My accountant drives a MX and basically implored me to get a BEV when I met with him earlier this year.
I thought that the dealer in Colorado takes the $5000 state credit at the time of sale?

The state of Colorado also offers a tax credit for the purchase of alternative fuel vehicles, including plug-in electric vehicles. As of January 1, 2017 the value of the credit is a flat rate of $5,000 that can be applied at the time of purchase.

Did this happen in your case?

Last edited by Meldev##44; 11-06-2018 at 06:03 PM.
post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
It took several days to get these, which I didn’t ask for. I asked for 24 & 36 months. I guess they aren’t really interested in leasing
Good Morning from NJ I asked my dealer for some numbers as well and asked for 36 months /10k per year and have heard nothing. I don't think they have a clue...I'm getting very frustrated with them not having their act together. 36 months the car should have a 50 p[us residual. and a MF of about.002. We'll see.
post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldev##44 View Post
I thought that the dealer in Colorado takes the $5000 state credit at the time of sale?

The state of Colorado also offers a tax credit for the purchase of alternative fuel vehicles, including plug-in electric vehicles. As of January 1, 2017 the value of the credit is a flat rate of $5,000 that can be applied at the time of purchase.

No. They were pretty clueless all around regarding the tax incentives. I'm dropping off my bill of sale at my accountant's office and it'll be reflected on my tax return in April. I pay estimated taxes quarterly anyway, so I suppose I could just deduct it from my next payment in January.

I'm sure Tesla is way more dialed-in on these incentives and capture the money for you at the time of sale. JLR, well, not so much. At least in my case at the Colo Spgs location.

Someone on one of the other threads (I think the MY switch thread) made a comment about how the I Pace just misses the weight cut-off for the accelerated depreciation business tax benefit. This is quite true. If they had just put in a 100 kwh battery pack, problem most likely solved. Oh well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldev##44 View Post

CA clean energy rebate of $2500 is sent out as a physical check. I would imagine, Colorado is the same?
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruintoo View Post
CA clean energy rebate of $2500 is sent out as a physical check. I would imagine, Colorado is the same?
Tax credit...
post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 04:54 PM

Correct in Colorado it's a tax credit however if you were to lease and/or finance you may assign the credit at time of purchase to the financing entity that is financing the purchase or lease. I would bet Jaguar dealers aren't all up on that yet like BMW/Chevy/Tesla/Nissan would be since they are just getting into the game.
post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacfar944 View Post
Correct in Colorado it's a tax credit however if you were to lease and/or finance you may assign the credit at time of purchase to the financing entity that is financing the purchase or lease. I would bet Jaguar dealers aren't all up on that yet like BMW/Chevy/Tesla/Nissan would be since they are just getting into the game.
As above, my dealer wasn't. I asked about it and ... deer in headlights. Doesn't matter. I'll get the $5K state credit as well as the $7500 federal credit at some point in the not-too-distant future.
post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 05:49 PM

Late to the discount discussion but interesting story. I attempted use of the USAA car buying service - to get another point off my loan rate (I had placed an order months before). The buying service auto-generated inquiries to several local dealers, who began calling me (ugh!). One of those dealers also had an auto-generated email that "GUARANTEED $4845 off any in-stock Jaguar I-Pace HSE". Wow, that sure got my attention!

Well as luck would have it my build arrived (different dealer) with the wrong headliner, so I abandoned it. Very next day I visited that dealer offering the $4845 "coupon". The GM *laughed out loud* at the email, even though it bore the name of the dealership and was "legit" (as in I didn't fabricate or alter it). His comment was that discount was about a grand more than he makes on the car! Even showed me the invoice to prove it. The I-Pace may be the future of Jaguar but most dealers are less than thrilled with its economics, let alone the tooling (chargers, service equipment, etc.) and training needed to bring sales and service staff up to speed!
post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 10:05 PM

Same. I investigated through the Costco Auto Service, which shows MSRP about $4500 above invoice at each trim level. Even with inventory currently piling up, dealers won't discount or do you any other favors to move one (so service revenue on the other end).

And of course, the Costco service has no arrangements for dealing JLR on the car . . .
post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 10:07 PM

[QUOTE=Calidave;26205 (so service revenue on the other end) .[/QUOTE]

*no service revenue

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page