discount on the price of I-pace - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 05:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacfar944 View Post
Which dealer did you end up going through with your purchase? Looks like Stevinson had a couple coming in soon that I wanted to go check out in person since we were out of town when they had it around September. I'm also interested in the pricing flexibility as well but our current lease isn't up until next summer so I hoping they'll be some incentives by then since the E-Tron should be available by that time for some pricing competition.
I live in Colo Spgs (my dealer is JLR Colorado Springs). Here's the skinny from handover today:

Lease terms are pure garbage.
2 year residual 44%
Money Factor .00417

I paid cash, and didn't ask about financing rates, but I'm sure you can do better than those lease terms.

No pricing flexibility at all. They will not budge from MSRP. He did give me a nice book on the history of Jaguar and a couple bottles of wine. Which was a nice touch, in lieu of a price drop which was not forthcoming. Maybe other dealers are more flexible, but I doubt it.

Still, I would've paid $10K more for this car. It's unbelievable. My wife's comment: "It's like an amusement park ride."

The car is ridiculously fast and beautiful. Home run by Jag.
Time2Roll, Dantrium and WattAJag like this.
TotesMagotes is offline  
post #12 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 01:39 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 3
Appreciate the info and huge congrats on the car! That is probably the worst 2 year residual I've ever seen on a lease. Even for a 3 year that is terrible, not to mention the money factor being atrocious. At least in CO we get the $5000 EV incentive on purchases in addition to the $7500 federal credit. It looks like we may be purchasing vs. leasing this next one if they don't improve by next summer. I'd entertain the Tesla Model X but find it hideous and the wife won't drive a sedan for her car...
cmacfar944 is offline  
post #13 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 03:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMagotes View Post
I live in Colo Spgs (my dealer is JLR Colorado Springs). Here's the skinny from handover today:

Lease terms are pure garbage.
2 year residual 44%
Money Factor .00417

I paid cash, and didn't ask about financing rates, but I'm sure you can do better than those lease terms.

No pricing flexibility at all. They will not budge from MSRP. He did give me a nice book on the history of Jaguar and a couple bottles of wine. Which was a nice touch, in lieu of a price drop which was not forthcoming. Maybe other dealers are more flexible, but I doubt it.

Still, I would've paid $10K more for this car. It's unbelievable. My wife's comment: "It's like an amusement park ride."

The car is ridiculously fast and beautiful. Home run by Jag.
I just got the lease numbers from my dealer:

39% residual with 0.00325 MF on a 39 month lease...it was like pulling teeth to get the numbers...
Dantrium is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 03:46 PM
Senior Member
 
bruintoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: California, USA
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I just got the lease numbers from my dealer:

39% residual with 0.00325 MF on a 39 month lease...it was like pulling teeth to get the numbers...
Do they have the rates for 36 months?
bruintoo is online now  
post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 56
Driving the I Pace & Pricing

Hi All


As promised I went to My Dealer last night. He had a Corris Grey with Oyster First Edition to drive and I loved it. It's the identical car to what I've ordered. Fast responsive the regen on high takes a while to get use to . Couple of comments The product specialist was kinda in the dark. It was the first car they got in. Everyone is in new territory. Ok pricing MSRP for those of us that have ordered cars. No discounts! They said they will get 4 cars in by year end, my order and 3 for stock. On the stock cars they will try to get a premium. Leasing he said ( top of his head) on a 3 year lease 10k miles per year he figured about $1500.00. I reminded him about the federal $7500 tax credit that JRL enjoys and no sales tax in NJ. Kinda looked like deer in the headlights. I'm waiting on a call back with actual numbers and will pass that on.
The power cord they give you is weak....It's a type one 120v cord that you would use for a snow blower. They recommend a Charge-Point 220 32-amp for home charging. Note: The Tesla's gave you all kinds of adapters that worked great.
Cost about $500.00 to $600.00 plus installation. Real weak point for first time EV owners. My car should be in by 11/29. Hopefully they will have their act together more by then. Regards
Katatonic is offline  
post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Senior Member
 
sciencegeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Palo Alto
Posts: 1,042
I'd be surprised if they don't have a 240V charging cable for that car ... maybe someone pilfered it. My order document states:

021GJ Charging Equipment-Var 1 (Basic)
188KA Charging Cables - Mode 2 Basic

So you should get both ...
sciencegeek is online now  
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 04:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
I'd be surprised if they don't have a 240V charging cable for that car ... maybe someone pilfered it. My order document states:

021GJ Charging Equipment-Var 1 (Basic)
188KA Charging Cables - Mode 2 Basic

So you should get both ...
I can confirm that only a 110v cable comes with the car. At least with my car. Maybe I got rooked.
TotesMagotes is offline  
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 04:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacfar944 View Post
Appreciate the info and huge congrats on the car! That is probably the worst 2 year residual I've ever seen on a lease. Even for a 3 year that is terrible, not to mention the money factor being atrocious. At least in CO we get the $5000 EV incentive on purchases in addition to the $7500 federal credit. It looks like we may be purchasing vs. leasing this next one if they don't improve by next summer. I'd entertain the Tesla Model X but find it hideous and the wife won't drive a sedan for her car...
Yeah, the tax incentives in Colorado are pretty sweet. My accountant drives a MX and basically implored me to get a BEV when I met with him earlier this year.
TotesMagotes is offline  
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 05:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMagotes View Post
I can confirm that only a 110v cable comes with the car. At least with my car. Maybe I got rooked.
Probably not, it seems to be common practice to give the 110/15 amp max portable charged. I think it may have to do with regulations about wiring/electrical safety etc. Tesla provides one because they use non standard plugs and rates (which is a problem in itself) and they provide an adapter for the standard 220.

One thing to check for is some cars will default to only 8 or 10 amp limit on the 110 for older houses/wiring. If you are using a dedicated newer plug with no load on it see if you have high charging rate or 15 amp limit setting.
epirali is online now  
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 05:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruintoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantrium View Post
I just got the lease numbers from my dealer:

39% residual with 0.00325 MF on a 39 month lease...it was like pulling teeth to get the numbers...
Do they have the rates for 36 months?
It took several days to get these, which I didn’t ask for. I asked for 24 & 36 months. I guess they aren’t really interested in leasing
Dantrium is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i Pace dreaming GuyDreaming New Member Introductions 0 06-20-2018 12:34 PM
I Pace vs Tesla X Model X- Drag Race ChargedUp Jaguar I-Pace EV 400 Photos and Videos 0 03-19-2018 02:25 PM
Estimated I-Pace price PinkJaguar I-Pace EV Dealers, Purchasing, Leasing, Ordering And Tracking 47 02-20-2018 06:25 PM
I Pace Interest IPaceSilverStreak2018 New Member Introductions 7 02-09-2018 06:57 PM
I-Pace European Price Released! PinkJaguar I-Pace EV Dealers, Purchasing, Leasing, Ordering And Tracking 4 01-08-2018 08:40 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome