USA Info: 13/July - Updated Dealer Order Guide/Pricing - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

USA Info: 13/July - Updated Dealer Order Guide/Pricing

Hello to all,

As of today (13/July) there is an update to the USA Dealer Order Guide (D.O.G.) Some of the main changes:

1) Performance seats are now available to order on First Edition (FE) models,
2) The price of the Performance Seats went from $1,600 USD to $2,400 USD,
3) The addition of 'Port Installed' Packages. (They are listed, but no descriptions),
4) Many changes to the 'Premium Textile' packages.
5) The USA supplied (110V) charger is described but a picture of an EU charger is depicted.
6) A picture of the spare wheel option is shown in the boot; it is ridiculously huge in the space!
7) Preconditioning the vehicle will be set to 72 degrees F and will not be able to be varied.

The price change affects all vehicles since they have yet to be produced. Jaguar will not honor pricing on orders placed but not produced.
I-PaceDave and McRat like this.
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 12:48 PM

The first builds for US retail FE cars started July 13 from what I can tell.

I should know more Monday. Supposed to get a status code to see if mine was one of them.
I-PaceDave likes this.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
The first builds for US retail FE cars started July 13 from what I can tell.

I should know more Monday. Supposed to get a status code to see if mine was one of them.
How close is this to your scheduled build date? My build date is 8-3, I assume that means the week of 8-3, as every order i have seen has a Friday build date?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 01:54 AM

Well, #7 is bull. I can set my Tesla to any temp. 60 (or just LO)when I'm hot and need to get in a cold car, and HI when I need to melt snow off it before I leave work. I had High hopes for the Jag, but knew they'd find ways to frack it up. So close! I really want to get hands on w/it.

I stopped by an "ev charger" today. first time ever (I.. only ever use home and super chargers). The cords and handles are awful. **** near broke my wrist on the ungainly things.

Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic. Good info, bad on Jag...

His: 2013 Tesla Model S - Sold 06/2018. Looking for an EV-SUV
Hers: 2018 Tesla Model 3
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl View Post
Well, #7 is bull. I can set my Tesla to any temp. 60 (or just LO)when I'm hot and need to get in a cold car, and HI when I need to melt snow off it before I leave work. I had High hopes for the Jag, but knew they'd find ways to frack it up. So close! I really want to get hands on w/it.

I stopped by an "ev charger" today. first time ever (I.. only ever use home and super chargers). The cords and handles are awful. **** near broke my wrist on the ungainly things.

Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic. Good info, bad on Jag...
I program my cars to 74F so won't be as much of a problem for me. The Jag has heated glass tech, and 72F melts snow anyways.

It does have 4 zone temp control, and quick and simple knobs to set temp from all seats.

Folk do not understand heaters and AC units in cars are ON/OFF devices, just like your home.

There is no reason to set a car to 60F if it's working right.

New video review -

I'm sorry you have limp wrists BTW. You should stay away for from truck stops. Those nozzles are like fire hoses.

Sidebar - I think the Jaguar i-Pace's release is why Elon Musk called Brit rescuers in Thailand pedophiles. He's trying to imply pedophiles buy British cars. He's all about internet brand marketing, and very, very little about EV adoption.

SidebarToo - I removed my 2.3 year old "reservation" from my sig for a Tesla. It appears it's a Black Friday at Walmart with Tesla orders. I won't stand in line a second time. When they can inventory one, I'll buy IF I can order it how I like it, not how Elon wants me to like it. Cancelling my reservation today because it was just a way to draw in suckers who believed things Elon says to his customers. He's having a great laugh now. He's always acted like Tesla buyers are stupid, but he just had to push that little bit further.

Last edited by McRat; 07-16-2018 at 09:56 AM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 09:55 AM
Guy

I watched that video yesterday. Very informative. A lot of small details being shown. Confims the i-Pace is the right choice.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
SidebarToo - I removed my 2.3 year old "reservation" from my sig for a Tesla. It appears it's a Black Friday at Walmart with Tesla orders. I won't stand in line a second time. When they can inventory one, I'll buy IF I can order it how I like it, not how Elon wants me to like it. Cancelling my reservation today because it was just a way to draw in suckers who believed things Elon says to his customers. He's having a great laugh now. He's always acted like Tesla buyers are stupid, but he just had to push that little bit further.
A few months after the MX came out, while the waiting list was still huge, I could have bought a P90D right off the lot. Now I can buy a Model 3 pretty quickly. I looked at one yesterday and I really like it. Thinking of selling the truck. Wife will still get an ipace. Specifically, I like the non-performance RWD. Effectively the base model right now. I'm going to check out a couple other cars today, too.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-PaceDave View Post
How close is this to your scheduled build date? My build date is 8-3, I assume that means the week of 8-3, as every order i have seen has a Friday build date?
The news I received today is everything is still on schedule. Supposedly my build date is 7/13/18. You are probably right, that is most likely a week # rather than a specific day.

So they should be building US FE models as we speak.
Guy likes this.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
A few months after the MX came out, while the waiting list was still huge, I could have bought a P90D right off the lot. Now I can buy a Model 3 pretty quickly. I looked at one yesterday and I really like it. Thinking of selling the truck. Wife will still get an ipace. Specifically, I like the non-performance RWD. Effectively the base model right now. I'm going to check out a couple other cars today, too.
Correct. There is no wait list in the US for RWD Model 3's right now. Nor is a reservation worth anything. You are actually better off without a reservation. If you order, and something goes wrong, they keep all 'monies' as processing fees. They are not a deposit as stated on the purchase contract. To order, you need to send $2500. So if you already sent $1000, and something goes wrong, you lose $3500. If you do not have a reservation, you will get your car just a quick, but you can only lose $2500 if something goes wrong.

If you order today, you will see your car in the US somewhere between 3 weeks and ???. There are still a few ??? out there for unknown reasons. Officially, it's 1 to 3 months.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
I program my cars to 74F so won't be as much of a problem for me. The Jag has heated glass tech, and 72F melts snow anyways.

It does have 4 zone temp control, and quick and simple knobs to set temp from all seats.

Folk do not understand heaters and AC units in cars are ON/OFF devices, just like your home.

There is no reason to set a car to 60F if it's working right.

New video review - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95gNVoO8HpI

I'm sorry you have limp wrists BTW. You should stay away for from truck stops. Those nozzles are like fire hoses.

Sidebar - I think the Jaguar i-Pace's release is why Elon Musk called Brit rescuers in Thailand pedophiles. He's trying to imply pedophiles buy British cars. He's all about internet brand marketing, and very, very little about EV adoption.

Well, #1, automotive HVAC is NOT like a home, google how it works for more detail. #2, the charging ports are poor design. #3, HI will melt snow faster and LO makes the car colder fast.

amazing how fast you took facts about a car as a personal attack. Blocked

His: 2013 Tesla Model S - Sold 06/2018. Looking for an EV-SUV
Hers: 2018 Tesla Model 3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page