USA Info: 13/July - Updated Dealer Order Guide/Pricing - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 07:56 AM

Never mind forget it, between the censored words and 1990s layout this forum sucks. I'm out.

His: 2013 Tesla Model S - Sold 06/2018. Looking for an EV-SUV
Hers: 2018 Tesla Model 3
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl View Post
Never mind forget it, between the censored words and 1990s layout this forum sucks. I'm out.
Say "hi" to the TMC folk for me. I cancelled the intended Model P3D purchase last night after 2.3 years, and am waiting on my refund after they could not guess at the actual delivery date or features of the car. I would call it a reservation, but there are no reservations anymore.
Very few people on that site see the EV400 as a true electric car. It's a subcompact, nobody drives an SUV on an unimproved roads, 125mph is ridiculously slow, and brakes/handling are not needed for EVs. Luxury features are for fools. The EV400's 180 miles of range (per Muskivites Experts) won't even get you to work. And of course 72F is cruel and unusual punishment.

But they say that about any EV that is quicker than 10 seconds gong from 0-60mph and has over 80 miles of range.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.

Last edited by McRat; 07-17-2018 at 12:01 PM.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRat View Post
Say "hi" to the TMC folk for me. I cancelled the intended Model P3D purchase last night after 2.3 years, and am waiting on my refund after they could not guess at the actual delivery date or features of the car. I would call it a reservation, but there are no reservations anymore.
Very few people on that site see the EV400 as a true electric car. It's a subcompact, nobody drives an SUV on an unimproved roads, 125mph is ridiculously slow, and brakes/handling are not needed for EVs. Luxury features are for fools. The EV400's 180 miles of range (per Muskivites Experts) won't even get you to work. And of course 72F is cruel and unusual punishment.

But they say that about any EV that is quicker than 10 seconds gong from 0-60mph and has over 80 miles of range.
Yeah, funny things on that forum. Good people too, just like any forum. There's this really annoying guy on the TMC forum though. McRat is his name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Yeah, funny things on that forum. Good people too, just like any forum. There's this really annoying guy on the TMC forum though. McRat is his name.
Yeah, I could not find a Hillary Costume, and refused to hire illegals, so I was booted.

Jaguar i-Pace FE Photon Red 20" wheels, "Leaper"
Two Chevrolet Volts in service
24.2 kW x 480v 3ph solar array self-installed.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 11:21 AM

Demo vehicle in Chandler Arizona

Stopped by the Jaguar dealership in Chandler/Phoenix Arizona and they had the demo car there yesterday. Got to fondle it for a bit but no test drives. Can't wait... This thing is amazing.

The one concern I do have is the sun roof in Arizona with the strong sun that we have would it be nuisance? There is no cover to completely block the light. The day I go would happen to be one of the 30 overcast days a year in Arizona so I didn't get to see how it would be in the sun. 4 panes of glass, UV and heat protection... but the strong light might be too annoying for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180815_193411 resize.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	415  
Guy likes this.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Stick View Post
Stopped by the Jaguar dealership in Chandler/Phoenix Arizona and they had the demo car there yesterday. Got to fondle it for a bit but no test drives. Can't wait... This thing is amazing.

The one concern I do have is the sun roof in Arizona with the strong sun that we have would it be nuisance? There is no cover to completely block the light. The day I go would happen to be one of the 30 overcast days a year in Arizona so I didn't get to see how it would be in the sun. 4 panes of glass, UV and heat protection... but the strong light might be too annoying for me.
It shouldn't be too hard to put body-colored vinyl on the roof, and a tint is always an option. None of the reviewers so far have complained about heat.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page