Incentive Removal? - Page 2 - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 11:02 AM

A lot plays into how much incentives a buyer gets for an EV. The sites you linked to are for Canada only, here's a site for the various States: https://pluginamerica.org/why-go-plu...al-incentives/

It's even dependent on your income.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 07:31 PM

Corporate incentives should be factored in as well if you work for a big company. Sony Pictures is one of them. Same goes for many other lifestyle things you get that an employer can credit you on.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Well yes because I live in Canada lol but it was just an example to show that technical specifications do play a role. So essentially if you actually do some real digging around, you could get quite a bit of money off or rebated or whatever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 11:11 AM

Some incentives may be done away with by the time the i-Pace goes on sale but more may take its place as there are still a few new ones I'm finding when it comes to the Bolt EV. That's a good place to look when it comes to current incentives.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkJaguar View Post
Some incentives may be done away with by the time the i-Pace goes on sale but more may take its place as there are still a few new ones I'm finding when it comes to the Bolt EV. That's a good place to look when it comes to current incentives.
Better check with your local city/town/state/etc. since often they'll have set expiry dates.

But fortunately those corporate should stay on much longer. Companies have more of a reason to always have these compared to local, state and federal govt
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:51 AM

Heard that Utah legislators voted against extending tax credits for electric cars last month and Oregon won't be offering the $1,500 credit. Next on the chopping block may be Colorado's $5,000 credit.

Losing government incentives will hurt the EV segment, hopefully not enough to stop it completely.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:29 PM

We'll see how that changes in the coming months since there's a big push to going green, but the next time around it might incorporate other things like if you have solar panels at home + __________ + __________ = incentive

It just comes down to what they want out of us as consumers and on cutting down our carbon footprint.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

But that's what I don't really get, if there's a big push, why is the government taking away the incentives. They could keep the incentives going and then revise the qualifications for them
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:06 AM

At least California is holding steady and plans to continue their incentives program. It's not just some States, but other countries as well. Heard Denmark is phasing out their EV tax break.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

It'll be interested to see how their EV sales will look for the following months after they take away that tax break.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page