I-Pace Battery Specs - Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 317
I-Pace Battery Specs

Getting right down to the vital stuff, here's what we can expect from the battery. These specs come right from Jaguar but are just estimates although very practical given the current state of EV's.
  • The range of the I-PACE is enabled through its high-tech, lithium-ion battery which has a capacity of 90 kWh.
  • I‑PACE Concept can achieve 80% charge in 90 minutes with a 50kW DC rapid charger.
  • With 516lb-ft of instant torque available, the I-PACE Concept has two electric motors that together produce 400 HP.
  • The I-PACE Concept can offer a range greater than 354km on a single charge.
J.XAU is offline  
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 182
That's an estimated range of 220 miles which is less than the Bolt's 238 mile range. Guess 400 ponies comes with a cost in terms of distance it can travel as the battery will be drained slightly faster.
PinkJaguar is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 317
Its just estimated so for all we know that could turn out being in the high 200's by time it comes to market especially since we have a while to go before it releases as a production model.

This being FCA's first EV we can't even guess on our own how much it might be. But even if its around what we currently know it won't do much damage to sales if any.
J.XAU is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 211
An 18 mile difference is essentially meaningless when you compare them for what they offer you. The I-Pace will offer much more luxury, materials, toys, performance, etc. So when you look at it that way, that marginal difference is nothing to worry about.
J.XAU likes this.
I-Sprint is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Sprint View Post
An 18 mile difference is essentially meaningless when you compare them for what they offer you. The I-Pace will offer much more luxury, materials, toys, performance, etc. So when you look at it that way, that marginal difference is nothing to worry about.
Basically.

The main thing here though I think is the fact for most of us this is more of an accessory than a necessary and for Bolt EV owners odds are they will be using those much more then we will be using these. Plus when you factor in this is from a luxury brand, the range it gets drops down the priority list, it can only get so bad.

Only real concern with power is how reliable and dependable the system is.
J.XAU is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 10:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 155
I plan to use the i-Pace as my daily driver and round trip drive to work every day is 60km, not taking into account the battery I'll spend sitting in rush hour traffic. 200 mile will be more than enough for me in that case and most long weekend trips I take, I already rent a large van or SUV for.
PlaidBeaver is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaidBeaver View Post
I plan to use the i-Pace as my daily driver and round trip drive to work every day is 60km, not taking into account the battery I'll spend sitting in rush hour traffic. 200 mile will be more than enough for me in that case and most long weekend trips I take, I already rent a large van or SUV for.
Depending on how good the regen systems are you should also factor in the range you will gain from that. Stop and Go traffic is great for regen systems. Too bad there's no exact math for it, sort of unique to specific vehicles and again this is JLR's first attempt.
J.XAU is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 04:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 211
Unique to specific vehicles as to how much they regenerate, and depending on so many factors and influences, we can't possibly calculate how much is capable unfortunately.
I-Sprint is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 03:26 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 12
EVSE - Home "Charging"

It would seem that it is 4 months until the Production I-Pace is revealed (though we can glean a lot from the eTrophy) and perhaps (fingers crossed) 12 months until deliveries begin - now just might be the time to start a conversation about - Home Charging.

Electric Vehicle Service Equipment (EVSE) or Level 2 "Chargers" is what you will need to Google to discover what you will need. What I have discovered is that the charger is actual part of the vehicle and the EVSE is what provides the AC power to the car. Curiously all EVSEs are not created equal, as some require and thus provide more power to the car than others; and some can communicate with the vehicle, and you, more effectively than others. I think most of us will be wanting to "fuel" our cars at home and we will need to install this equipment as a simple wall plug will soon prove to be unsatisfactory. Initial investigations have revealed units that can provide 6.6 kW/hr up to 15.4 kW/hr (Teslas have even higher) and needless to say as the charge rate becomes quicker, the cost of equipment and installation increases, as does the heat subjected to the batteries (not a good thing).

I imagine that I am not alone when it comes to being a neophyte with regards to what I have to do once I get my I-Pace home and we will all have some prep work to do (for us first time EV owners). Jaguar will have training sessions to be sure and I am hoping that they will have a EVSE with some solid capabilities (for the purists) though many non-automotive brands are well respected; with very positive reviews. If you are just getting started checkout EVObsession's website regarding "Electric Car Charging 101" (North American Bias) it seems like a good start.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW i - Charger.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	9  
Pace-X is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace-X View Post
It would seem that it is 4 months until the Production I-Pace is revealed (though we can glean a lot from the eTrophy) and perhaps (fingers crossed) 12 months until deliveries begin - now just might be the time to start a conversation about - Home Charging.

Electric Vehicle Service Equipment (EVSE) or Level 2 "Chargers" is what you will need to Google to discover what you will need. What I have discovered is that the charger is actual part of the vehicle and the EVSE is what provides the AC power to the car. Curiously all EVSEs are not created equal, as some require and thus provide more power to the car than others; and some can communicate with the vehicle, and you, more effectively than others. I think most of us will be wanting to "fuel" our cars at home and we will need to install this equipment as a simple wall plug will soon prove to be unsatisfactory. Initial investigations have revealed units that can provide 6.6 kW/hr up to 15.4 kW/hr (Teslas have even higher) and needless to say as the charge rate becomes quicker, the cost of equipment and installation increases, as does the heat subjected to the batteries (not a good thing).

I imagine that I am not alone when it comes to being a neophyte with regards to what I have to do once I get my I-Pace home and we will all have some prep work to do (for us first time EV owners). Jaguar will have training sessions to be sure and I am hoping that they will have a EVSE with some solid capabilities (for the purists) though many non-automotive brands are well respected; with very positive reviews. If you are just getting started checkout EVObsession's website regarding "Electric Car Charging 101" (North American Bias) it seems like a good start.
It will be great if they have mobile trainers that visit you at home. Car makers have been planning to get away from the traditional dealership experience and more into personalized service. So depending on what JLR does and how your dealer adapts to it, that might be something you get.
J.XAU is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome